Majak suspended indefinitely for breaking team rehab protcols

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is better: Announcement of suspension/punishment before media prints full story, or full story printed then NMFC announce suspension as if it is like a jerk-reaction.

Nice theory except for one glaring thing: we still haven't painted anything close to a full story.Speculation will abound and journos will sniff around. All we seem to have achieved today is to torpedo (I like Chad's term here) a pr stunt that would have taken a fair chunk of time to prepare.

Archer will be wondering why he bothered.

Well if you want to look on a more positive side, if he did something really horrendous surely he wouldn't be sent to VFL to train, it would hardly be fair to Werribee to offload him there if it was something with a criminal flavour.

Still hope to see him get a game at some point.

Obviously don't know the specifics, but can relate (kinda) with the Hurley incident a few years ago.

Turned out to be a good kick up the ass for the kid, and he has come on in leaps and bounds since.

Hopefully a similar situation here...

Surely if he's going to train with Werribee it's more a kick up the a$$ rather than an international incident!!

Not the 1st player internally suspended and won't be the last.

The mail I have was it wasn't what he did that was all that terrible, it was more to do with lying to coaching staff about it.

That would make sense.

Brad and his assistants, Andrew, Jack, Boomer, Wellsy and Drew arent exactly a team of people youd want to lie through your teeth to.

Reading between the lines...

a statement released by the club stating that the club "will be limited in what they can say about the matter."

"The club understands there will be great interest in the circumstances which led to Majak’s suspension, but it is not in a position to elaborate," it read.

...suggests legal implications.

If it was an internal rehab/lying to the coach matter, the story would be different.

The mail I have was it wasn't what he did that was all that terrible, it was more to do with lying to coaching staff about it.

Now THAT does make sense, rather than some of the (no pun intended) Kangaroo Court crud being raised as possibilities here. Footy clubs place honesty at the highest level of minimum expectations.

Now THAT does make sense, rather than some of the (no pun intended) Kangaroo Court crud being raised as possibilities here. Footy clubs place honesty at the highest level of minimum expectations.

I would honestly love it if that was "all" it ended up being.

However, given the language of the press release, it does seem to suggest legal implications as the reason for a lack of specific details

However, given the language of the press release, it does seem to suggest legal implications as the reason for a lack of specific details

Maybe he lied about a legal matter?

It'll all come out in the wash eventually Chad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First JZ, now Majak. Another poor start to the season coming up. I can see us being 0 and 3 going into round 4 & turkeys on here calling for BS's neck. Gobble, gobble, gobble.

I'm just hoping Majak hasn't been on the ELO during his rehab, ala Needles Conquistador. It is tempting I know. I rolled my ankle last year during my tappinyaki gradings & the rehab was murder. A few of my gym mates suggested I hit the EPO for a week or 2 to kick-start things but I digressed as I had just started the Soup Diet.

Anyway, if the club is serious about having a crack at the flag this year, they'll appeal this garbage decision to suspend Majak.

First JZ, now Majak. Another poor start to the season coming up. I can see us being 0 and 3 going into round 4 & turkeys on here calling for BS's neck. Gobble, gobble, gobble.

I'm just hoping Majak hasn't been on the ELO during his rehab, ala Needles Conquistador. It is tempting I know. I rolled my ankle last year during my tappinyaki gradings & the rehab was murder. A few of my gym mates suggested I hit the EPO for a week or 2 to kick-start things but I digressed as I had just started the Soup Diet.

Anyway, if the club is serious about having a crack at the flag this year, they'll appeal this garbage decision to suspend Majak.

some of your finest work right there!:thumbsu:

I suggest sticking to your own board.

Quoting certain posters just makes you look like a nuffie.

Seriously, what is it with the 'piss off to your own board' attitude around here, the input of others honestly expands the conversation from the same crap that gets regurgitated on here every week.

Seriously, what is it with the 'piss off to your own board' attitude around here, the input of others honestly expands the conversation from the same crap that gets regurgitated on here every week.

Really?

Did I miss something with this:

unsubstantiated quote removed

What amazing insight can you glean from this that seems to evade me?

This is indeed some of your best work. You may be onto something here - who knows...

I'm just hoping Majak hasn't been on the ELO during his rehab, ala Needles Conquistador.

Whilst tempted, I hear it only took one listening of the Xanadu soundtrack to turn him right off them 'choke.

"He's breached rehabilitation protocols and internal codes and as a result of those breaches - which we're not going to go into for a very good reason, I would have thought - he's accepted the penalty and as a result of that he has to work his way back in (to the club)," Arocca said.

"We've got to respect Majak. He's a young man under a lot of pressure. Therefore, from that point of view to go into the specific reasons behind this would be unfair to him."

Sounds less legal and more internal if you ask me. Something to do with members probably, one specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back