Speculation Malcolm Rosas [OOC 2025] - released from contract early?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the Crows are making a push for both him and Luko. Might be a busy off season if it all comes to a head.
If you're Rosas do you want to go to the Crom? Rachele, Rankine, ANB in front of him as small forwards. Keays, Fogarty, Luko, Tex etc others ahead as other forward options.

I'm bias but I'd be thinking he'd be wanting to go somewhere he'd be considered more of an upgrade on whats already there? Dons, Blues, North first that come to mind

If you're Rosas do you want to go to the Crom? Rachele, Rankine, ANB in front of him as small forwards. Keays, Fogarty, Luko, Tex etc others ahead as other forward options.

I'm bias but I'd be thinking he'd be wanting to go somewhere he'd be considered more of an upgrade on whats already there? Dons, Blues, North first that come to mind
I have no idea if Rosas will have any interest in joining the Crows, but…

1) Rankine is not going to be playing predominantly as a small forward anymore. 75% Midfield time. Lock it in.

2) ANB will also spend a lot of time in the midfield with us. Laird has been booted out of there, Berry is unlikely to be best 22, Crouch is a bit of a dying breed and we have struggled horribly to contain the midfield guns like Butters, Neale and co. ANB’s defensive capabilities will be utilised frequently through the midfield on those types IMO.

3) Tex has maybe 12 games left in his career.

4) Rachele and Keays are very different types to Rosas.

5) We have nobody like Rosas on our entire list who would actually be utilised as a full time small forward with pace, agility and goalkicking ability

6) Ned McHenry and Lachie Murphy played a combined 27 games for us in 2024. They are both horrendous at football.

I have no idea if Rosas will have any interest in joining the Crows, but…

1) Rankine is not going to be playing predominantly as a small forward anymore. 75% Midfield time. Lock it in.

2) ANB will also spend a lot of time in the midfield with us. Laird has been booted out of there, Berry is unlikely to be best 22, Crouch is a bit of a dying breed and we have struggled horribly to contain the midfield guns like Butters, Neale and co. ANB’s defensive capabilities will be utilised frequently through the midfield on those types IMO.

3) Tex has maybe 12 games left in his career.

4) Rachele and Keays are very different types to Rosas.

5) We have nobody like Rosas on our entire list who would actually be utilised as a full time small forward with pace, agility and goalkicking ability

6) Ned McHenry and Lachie Murphy played a combined 27 games for us in 2024. They are both horrendous at football.
Fair points. Personally think he'd be a walk up starter at Carlton without even having to improve. Motlop, Owies and Durdin are an absolutely putrid trio of small forwards, certainly a lot worse than what the Crows have got.

Hope we're in his ear. After helping get Elijah Hollands back on track with his development and looking like the player he was touted to be in his draft year I'd hope he could help convince Rosas of maybe coming down to Ikon park.

Fair points. Personally think he'd be a walk up starter at Carlton without even having to improve. Motlop, Owies and Durdin are an absolutely putrid trio of small forwards, certainly a lot worse than what the Crows have got.

Hope we're in his ear. After helping get Elijah Hollands back on track with his development and looking like the player he was touted to be in his draft year I'd hope he could help convince Rosas of maybe coming down to Ikon park.
There is absolutely no way
Motlop, Owies and Durdin
They are worse than mchenry and murphy.

Absolutely no frikin way.

Interesting the article mentioned that other clubs are keen too, but we were the only one mentioned by name

Not sure he’s locked into us, but would be a nice get, we need a forward like him on our list

Crows have shown the most interest, not in the conversation for the Bombers at this point
Interesting the article mentioned that other clubs are keen too, but we were the only one mentioned by name

Not sure he’s locked into us, but would be a nice get, we need a forward like him on our list
His family made some comments on Facebook within the last couple of days about them wanting him to go to Essendon. I believe they're Essendon supporters.

Given Essendon chased him in the past and are in the market for a small forward, it'd be very strange if Essendon didn't pursue him.

Mate those three make a simple ground ball look like neurosurgery. Its genuinely painful to watch them at times
You need to watch more Crows games. McHenry is now a certain delist and Murphy wouldn't get a game in any other team, no Crows supporter has any idea why he keeps getting games.

Malcolm Rosas, come on down to the Crows, you're a walk up start.

Murphy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate those three make a simple ground ball look like neurosurgery. Its genuinely painful to watch them at times
Well it's obvious your not paying attention to crows games lol... If you had these 2 in your team .. you might turn suicidal.
It's okay, they can all be equally awful!

There is absolutely no way

They are worse than mchenry and murphy.

Absolutely no frikin way.

McHenry isn’t really a small forward. He’s a mid trapped in a small forwards body. He at least has ball winning ability. Murphy.. yeah yuck.

Our trio.. look at their stats. They get like 4 possessions a game, fumble constantly, are slow, don’t hit the contest at speed or have any natural crumbing ability. But the difference is that you still have other options to run through there.

With Rankine, Rachele, Keays, Murphy (who will keep getting gifted games).. even if Rankine splits midfield time.. there’s no guarantee Rosas would start in that side. He’d definitely start at Carlton. I can see us being interested. I think we’d be mad not to. It seems the perfect fit.

You can't have too many fast small forwards. Look at peak Richmond and what Hawthorn are doing now.

Surely its a red flag he's just been sacked. I mean it seems like there was enough interest there he could have been traded which i imagine would have helped GC with their points for academy kids. But they've just terminated him instead so you think something sinister must have occurred?

McHenry isn’t really a small forward. He’s a mid trapped in a small forwards body. He at least has ball winning ability. Murphy.. yeah yuck.

Our trio.. look at their stats. They get like 4 possessions a game, fumble constantly, are slow, don’t hit the contest at speed or have any natural crumbing ability. But the difference is that you still have other options to run through there.

With Rankine, Rachele, Keays, Murphy (who will keep getting gifted games).. even if Rankine splits midfield time.. there’s no guarantee Rosas would start in that side. He’d definitely start at Carlton. I can see us being interested. I think we’d be mad not to. It seems the perfect fit.
A 40 year old Eddie Betts would genuinely give Motlop a run for his money rn

Surely its a red flag he's just been sacked. I mean it seems like there was enough interest there he could have been traded which i imagine would have helped GC with their points for academy kids. But they've just terminated him instead so you think something sinister must have occurred?
Huh? I missed this, I thought he was just told he could explore his options?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Malcolm Rosas [OOC 2025] - released from contract early?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back