Mallee Football League 2009 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mallee Football League Part 2

set us straight greyhound, which ones ARE coming back then?

Whale not Harro not, Charles , Malla,( from previous years ) oyster i think?, Chicken not in adelaide anymore but playing at W/U...
As with all clubs and the new website, transfers cant be seen or clearances, so who knows of the paperwork until the sites up and running. Hope this helps and if its wrong, keen to hear of other opinions.

i just read on the sunraysia league that ryan 'stinga' teirney is playin for woomelang this year. is there any truth in that rumour?

Heard from one of the boys out at Tooley Manang that Darcy Ryan hasn't told the coach or President that he is leaving, they still believe he is coaching the Colts as he verbally commited.... Pretty gutless, but not suprising, he has always looked after No. 1 only. Shit bloke!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Shit call mate....Jarrod Arentz AND Ash Thompson told me in early December that Darcy was going to Sea Lake, and as Jarrods old man is president I think he would have known not long after...so I'm pretty sure Tooley/Manang would have moved on and have another coach in mind for the thirds. If not, that is there fault, as Darcy had let the coach know.

i just read on the sunraysia league that ryan 'stinga' teirney is playin for woomelang this year. is there any truth in that rumour?

2 ocallaghans to ouyen...does anyone rate them?

where are all the jardine boys playing. ?

Charles, Malla Oyster and chicken certs for w/u. good lineup still.

Cadd?, Whale,? Harro,? think they have gone.
Any other views.

Shit call mate....Jarrod Arentz AND Ash Thompson told me in early December that Darcy was going to Sea Lake, and as Jarrods old man is president I think he would have known not long after...so I'm pretty sure Tooley/Manang would have moved on and have another coach in mind for the thirds. If not, that is there fault, as Darcy had let the coach know.

So how good are your contacts mate???????? Ryan still hasnt spoken to the coach or president about his departure, Ash Thompson actually told me that yesterday!! To me that would suggest he isn't 100% clear on going to the Tigers. Doesnt he work for Arentz??? Surely he is not too happy about it..

So how good are your contacts mate???????? Ryan still hasnt spoken to the coach or president about his departure, Ash Thompson actually told me that yesterday!! To me that would suggest he isn't 100% clear on going to the Tigers. Doesnt he work for Arentz??? Surely he is not too happy about it..

Mate I'm not here to argue about it, Ash showed me the text message Darcy had sent him in December, so my contacts are the coach himself. Having seen this text first hand I have doubts that you were talking to Ash yesterday. That was the most disappointing thing about the approach was that it was by text message, but don't tell me they didn't know...and yes he works for Arentz and yes Jarrod wasn't too impressed at the time, but I'm sure he will be over it by now as he has known for nearlly 3 months!!!!

Mate I'm not here to argue about it, Ash showed me the text message Darcy had sent him in December, so my contacts are the coach himself. Having seen this text first hand I have doubts that you were talking to Ash yesterday. That was the most disappointing thing about the approach was that it was by text message, but don't tell me they didn't know...and yes he works for Arentz and yes Jarrod wasn't too impressed at the time, but I'm sure he will be over it by now as he has known for nearlly 3 months!!!!

I am not arguing mate I am only stating a fact that Ryan has not "spoken" to the coach or anyone from the commitee about him leaving the club, which makes it obvious that he is not that keen to leave, otherwise I am sure if he sat down and had a meeting with the club face to face (not letting them know by text message) and he told them he wanted to leave and they were for the right reasons he would be cleared by now..

I am not arguing mate I am only stating a fact that Ryan has not "spoken" to the coach or anyone from the commitee about him leaving the club, which makes it obvious that he is not that keen to leave, otherwise I am sure if he sat down and had a meeting with the club face to face (not letting them know by text message) and he told them he wanted to leave and they were for the right reasons he would be cleared by now..

im pretty sure that tooleytang know that darcy is not playing for them, he has pretty close ties with the arentz's and nevill is the presedent of the club so im tipping he knows. i dont know what you call obvious that he is not keen to leave there, because he has been training with the tigers 3 times a week and has not missed a session since they started just before xmass. i'd say thats a pretty OBVIOUS sign that he is leaving tooleybuc/manang.

im pretty sure that tooleytang know that darcy is not playing for them, he has pretty close ties with the arentz's and nevill is the presedent of the club so im tipping he knows. i dont know what you call obvious that he is not keen to leave there, because he has been training with the tigers 3 times a week and has not missed a session since they started just before xmass. i'd say thats a pretty OBVIOUS sign that he is leaving tooleybuc/manang.

Build a bridge get over it..... If he sent a fax to the Coach his doing better then what some blokes do when they leave clubs with no contact at all.... Any bold predictions as to where every one will finish???

Does anyone know what practice matches clubs have got lined up? with only bout 6 weeks to go, clubs wouldn't be far of these games.

Anyone have any ideas whos coaching each team this season?

i'm not 100% sure on all the coaches, but this is what i am aware of:

Roo- Chris Vorweek?
Tigers- Joey Summerhayes/ Phil Cox
Demons- Danny O'Shanassy
Blues- Dale Shannon
Cats- Todd Beasy
not sure about Devils or Lakers haven't heard much about them on recruits or coaching.

Any one like to have a crack at the final four in the Mallee League at this time of year. I think top four in no particular order

Walpy/Bool only because they are the premiers. but have lost some class
Beulah not that far away and have some top recruits
Ouyen recruited 2 good midfielders from Mildura, but come from a long way back
Sea Lake Recruited good midfielders but lost plenty. Will take a lot to get over last years g.f. thrashing

Hopetoun need to recruit some leeders to show the way
Woomelang great club but needs more onfield class
J/R lost too many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wonderin whats everyones news on the mallee footy league. Rumour has it Darcy Ryan has walked out on sea lake but have heard that two of the weeklys are now coming back. Ouyen have recruited well with Obree, Anstee, C Ocalaghan and also adam all from mild. One of the gregg boys from eaglehawk also B jardine from Tooly/Manang will all be playin for the deamons. Any news from any of the other clubs or can anyone else confirm any of these rumour about the players i have mentioned. cheers.

Ouyen sound like they have done a very good job. I heard earlier on that all the Jardine's were leaving the demons as they were very unhappy. I can confirm that Scott and Simon Weekley are playing at SLNT. Darcy Ryan is also there, second clearance in as we speak. Tooly have been chasing him hard but he is still training at Sea Lake. Some other signings at Sea Lake also which is good. Very strong midfield group.

Ouyen sound like they have done a very good job. I heard earlier on that all the Jardine's were leaving the demons as they were very unhappy. I can confirm that Scott and Simon Weekley are playing at SLNT. Darcy Ryan is also there, second clearance in as we speak. Tooly have been chasing him hard but he is still training at Sea Lake. Some other signings at Sea Lake also which is good. Very strong midfield group.

Simba played with the bombers tonight and got his hands on teh footy a bit so story could have a few holes in it

Simon's home club is SLNT. Which, if I have to spell it out means that if he is not playing seniors for the bombers will be at Sea Lake.

"A winner of the BFL Rising Star award when he played for Sandhurst, Simon Weekley was in superb form in the opening quarter. A first-year player with the Bombers, Weekley led and marked strongly. By quarter-time he had kicked two goals,"

"Weekley showed he will be a great asset to the Bombers’ attack this season by kicking his fourth goal."

this came off the bfl site, so its sounds like simma might not play many games for the tigers this year, but good on him, he was by far the best forward in the comp last year

I was talking to a few people at the night footy tonight that Darcy Ryan will be going to a Tribunal for his Clearance as he still hasnt spoken to anyone at the club, he just keeps pumping clearances in thinking that they are going to crack and clear him, apparently that wont happen. When will this bloke ever learn, do the right thing by the club and the club will do the right thing by u.. Apparently he did the same thing the last 2 years when he wanted to go to Nully.:thumbsdown:

I was talking to a few people at the night footy tonight that Darcy Ryan will be going to a Tribunal for his Clearance as he still hasnt spoken to anyone at the club, he just keeps pumping clearances in thinking that they are going to crack and clear him, apparently that wont happen. When will this bloke ever learn, do the right thing by the club and the club will do the right thing by u.. Apparently he did the same thing the last 2 years when he wanted to go to Nully.:thumbsdown:

As far as i know, you cant knock back clearances anymore unless the player owes the club money etc..came in this year i think so there may be some holes in your storey.!

Mr Shout, Darcy let Tooly know in early December, and if you go back a few pages you will see that I posted on this issue earlier. You MAY have HEARD this, but it is wrong. I know for a fact that Ash Thompson and several other Tooly/Manang players have known for a number of months, and as his boss is Jarrod Arentz, and the President was or is still Nev Arentz, I'm tipping they know. And, as the last post stated, the VCFL has developed a new rule stating that unless the player owes money, has club property, or is signed on a current vcfl contract, it is an automatic clearance to Sea Lake for Darcy. I realise T/M have knocked his first clearance back, and they would have used a false excuse, but Darcy will be cleared to Sea Lake, T/M have no grounds to keep him.

not sure if this is true, but i think tooley/manang reckon he owes them $$ coz they paid for his coachin course last year. but i reckon if they had him coach there jnrs, he doesn't owe anything. just my opinion thou.

Just wanting some info on Beulah how are they shaping up this year??? How are the Moore boys looking will Jez have to hold down a key position this year i know he just loves the backline :) What about Bubba and Rory Shannon theys boys playing this year??

Mr Shout, Darcy let Tooly know in early December, and if you go back a few pages you will see that I posted on this issue earlier. You MAY have HEARD this, but it is wrong. I know for a fact that Ash Thompson and several other Tooly/Manang players have known for a number of months, and as his boss is Jarrod Arentz, and the President was or is still Nev Arentz, I'm tipping they know. And, as the last post stated, the VCFL has developed a new rule stating that unless the player owes money, has club property, or is signed on a current vcfl contract, it is an automatic clearance to Sea Lake for Darcy. I realise T/M have knocked his first clearance back, and they would have used a false excuse, but Darcy will be cleared to Sea Lake, T/M have no grounds to keep him.

They reckon he owes money. All they want him to do is sit down and have a meeting with president and coach, instead of communicating by text messages. Surely he can pay a bit of respect to the club that has looked after him handsomely over the past few years. For someone who is very courageous on the field, he is gutless off it.

They reckon he owes money. All they want him to do is sit down and have a meeting with president and coach, instead of communicating by text messages. Surely he can pay a bit of respect to the club that has looked after him handsomely over the past few years. For someone who is very courageous on the field, he is gutless off it.

You're the bloke having the cheap shots at him through an internet site, i'd call that gutless mate.
If he wants to go let the bloke go, the harder T/M make it for him to leave the more chance there is of him not returning to the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back