Mallee Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe woomelang arnt as bad as everyone has put them down for. from what i hear, they played good footy. just battlers that played 4 quarters[/
yeah i heard J/R did okay the first half, just ran out of legs in the second.

maybe woomelang arnt as bad as everyone has put them down for. from what i hear, they played good footy. just battlers that played 4 quarters[/
yeah i heard J/R did okay the first half, just ran out of legs in the second.
Yeah the cats could have ran away with it in the second when they had the breeze but gave away stupid frees. then they held there own against the breeze in the third and were just to good in the last. most blokes had a real dip

Injuries to key players didnt help JRs cause. Lost Clugston, Fisher, Goodes and Schumann with injuries and Wilksch was sent off for a rest. They will be up against it this week though, I think they could get a fair old touch up from a very good WU side.

Its guna be very ****in wet 2day....

Weird thing is, its meant to bucket down here (in Melb) too, but every time I look at the forecast they backtrack further away from it ... now they're just talkin about some showers in the evening.

Its all blue skies here now and only some showers (5mm) overnight.

So, I know they're all talking rain, rain, rain, but how does it actually look out there? Is it all thunderheads and drizzle, or could this be another so-near-but frustration?

Hey I am out of the area for the weekend, can someone post the scores as soon as they come to hand?
Yeah, Chinkapook magpies got robbed of their name in 1957. How is that for some scores? Managatang: 1 Chinkapook: 0. Someone help me fight the good fight nd bring back the name to the football club who formed in 1913!:thumbsu:

Code:
Chinkapook Football Club (Vic)

Guernseys & Nicknames :
1928-29 - Chinkapook wore black and white vertical stripes, and were known as the Magpies.
1947 - Chinkapook wore black or blue guernseys with white collar.
1950 - Chinkapook's guernsey was the same as in 1947, but with one horizontal band of red or something similar.
1952 - Chinkapook wore black and white vertical stripes, and were known as the Magpies.

Timeline :
1913 - Chinkapook FC was formed.

1914 (? FA) :
Chinkapook were a founding club of this league.
Chinkapook were premiers.

1920-27 - Northern DFA : Chinkapook participated.
1928 - Northern DFA : Chinkapook were premiers.

1929 (Northern DFA) :
 - Grand Final - Robinvale v Chinkapook (abandoned due to dust storm).
 - Grand Final Replay - Robinvale defeated Chinkapook.

1930 - Northern DFA Grand Final : Chillingollah defeated Chinkapook.
1931-36 - Northern DFA : Chinkapook participated.
1937-38 - Manangatang-Waitchie FL : Chinkapook participated.
1937 - Manangatang-Waitchie FL : Chinkapook were premiers.

1938 (Manangatang-Waitchie FL) :
Second Semi-Final - Sea Lake defeated Chinkapook.
Preliminary Final - Chillingollah defeated Chinkapook.

1939 - Manangatang-Waitchie FL : Chinkapook were premiers.
1940 - Manangatang-Waitchie FL : Chinkapook participated.
1945 - Nandaly-Bolton FL Grand Final : Chinkapook defeated Mittyack.
1946 - Nandaly-Bolton FL Grand Final : Mittyack 7.7.49 defeated Chinkapook 2.15.27.
1947 - Nandaly-Bolton FL Grand Final : Chinkapook defeated Mittyack by 10 pts.

1948 (Nandaly-Bolton FL) :
Chinkapook were minor premiers.
Second Semi-Final - Chinkapook defeated Annuello.
Grand Final - Chinkapook 9.13.67 defeated Annuello 8.10.58.

1950 (Nandaly-Bolton FL) :
Second Semi-Final - Chillingollah defeated Chinkapook by 1 pt.
Grand Final - Chinkapook 10.7.67 defeated Chillingollah 9.7.61.

1952 (Nandaly-Bolton FL) :
Grand Final - Chinkapook defeated Chillingollah by 2 pts.
This was Chinkapook's final season in the Nandaly-Bolton FL.

1953 (Manangatang FL) :
Chinkapook were a founding club of the Manangatang FL.
Grand Final - Chillingollah 19.13.127 defeated Chinkapook 11.8.74.

1954 - Manangatang FL Grand Final : Kulwin defeated Chinkapook.
1955 - Manangatang FL : Chinkapook were runners-up.
1957 - Manangatang FL : Chinkapook's final season in this league.
1958 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook commenced.
1959-61 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook participated.
1963 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook participated.
1964 - Tyrrell FL Grand Final : Nullawil defeated Chinkapook.
1967-69 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook participated.
1970 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook's final season as a stand-alone club.
1971 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook and Manangatang to form Chinkapook-Manangatang FC.
1977 - The Chinkapook name was dropped, and the team became known as simply Manangatang.

Injuries to key players didnt help JRs cause. Lost Clugston, Fisher, Goodes and Schumann with injuries and Wilksch was sent off for a rest. They will be up against it this week though, I think they could get a fair old touch up from a very good WU side.
How is the depth for sides going at J/R see they have a few juniors up in the seniors are they genuine senior players or are you light on for numbers

Code:
Chinkapook Football Club (Vic)

Guernseys & Nicknames :
1928-29 - Chinkapook wore black and white vertical stripes, and were known as the Magpies.
1947 - Chinkapook wore black or blue guernseys with white collar.
1950 - Chinkapook's guernsey was the same as in 1947, but with one horizontal band of red or something similar.
1952 - Chinkapook wore black and white vertical stripes, and were known as the Magpies.

Timeline :
1913 - Chinkapook FC was formed.

1914 (? FA) :
Chinkapook were a founding club of this league.
Chinkapook were premiers.

1920-27 - Northern DFA : Chinkapook participated.
1928 - Northern DFA : Chinkapook were premiers.

1929 (Northern DFA) :
 - Grand Final - Robinvale v Chinkapook (abandoned due to dust storm).
 - Grand Final Replay - Robinvale defeated Chinkapook.

1930 - Northern DFA Grand Final : Chillingollah defeated Chinkapook.
1931-36 - Northern DFA : Chinkapook participated.
1937-38 - Manangatang-Waitchie FL : Chinkapook participated.
1937 - Manangatang-Waitchie FL : Chinkapook were premiers.

1938 (Manangatang-Waitchie FL) :
Second Semi-Final - Sea Lake defeated Chinkapook.
Preliminary Final - Chillingollah defeated Chinkapook.

1939 - Manangatang-Waitchie FL : Chinkapook were premiers.
1940 - Manangatang-Waitchie FL : Chinkapook participated.
1945 - Nandaly-Bolton FL Grand Final : Chinkapook defeated Mittyack.
1946 - Nandaly-Bolton FL Grand Final : Mittyack 7.7.49 defeated Chinkapook 2.15.27.
1947 - Nandaly-Bolton FL Grand Final : Chinkapook defeated Mittyack by 10 pts.

1948 (Nandaly-Bolton FL) :
Chinkapook were minor premiers.
Second Semi-Final - Chinkapook defeated Annuello.
Grand Final - Chinkapook 9.13.67 defeated Annuello 8.10.58.

1950 (Nandaly-Bolton FL) :
Second Semi-Final - Chillingollah defeated Chinkapook by 1 pt.
Grand Final - Chinkapook 10.7.67 defeated Chillingollah 9.7.61.

1952 (Nandaly-Bolton FL) :
Grand Final - Chinkapook defeated Chillingollah by 2 pts.
This was Chinkapook's final season in the Nandaly-Bolton FL.

1953 (Manangatang FL) :
Chinkapook were a founding club of the Manangatang FL.
Grand Final - Chillingollah 19.13.127 defeated Chinkapook 11.8.74.

1954 - Manangatang FL Grand Final : Kulwin defeated Chinkapook.
1955 - Manangatang FL : Chinkapook were runners-up.
1957 - Manangatang FL : Chinkapook's final season in this league.
1958 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook commenced.
1959-61 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook participated.
1963 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook participated.
1964 - Tyrrell FL Grand Final : Nullawil defeated Chinkapook.
1967-69 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook participated.
1970 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook's final season as a stand-alone club.
1971 - Tyrrell FL : Chinkapook and Manangatang to form Chinkapook-Manangatang FC.
1977 - The Chinkapook name was dropped, and the team became known as simply Manangatang.
Your an idoit!! clearly i am from chinkapook and i already know all this!! Always doing too much aren't you?? If i thought this information was relevant i would of put it in!! Go annoy some other thread. dingus!

Good rain around the place, a good win by the mighty demons think that they may have another good year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep another great win on a very wet but well maintained ground for the w/u boys.
The Whale had another great game after his knock last week and the local boys with recruits stood up once again. Charles making a big impression for a big boy in the wet was also on song.

Take some beating but its only early and injuries are already starting to play a part.
About 3 inches rain they reckon.

did ryan muir play at oyean last year? he is down in the daimond valley this year. just wondering if anyone has any info on him. he is a big boy and looks good.

I see Simon Roberts was held to 2 goals on the weekend.. What happened there? Was quite good for Worrineen last year thought he'd be dominating over there. Also Andy Barry quiet game too.. was quiet talked up on here last week just thought that was interesting.

I see Simon Roberts was held to 2 goals on the weekend.. What happened there? Was quite good for Worrineen last year thought he'd be dominating over there. Also Andy Barry quiet game too.. was quiet talked up on here last week just thought that was interesting.
He didnt go that well at woorinen last year. hes getting pretty old. was quite surprised when i read he kicked 8. Musnt of had much opposition. great bloke and has been a gun but hes legs arnt as young as they used to be.

3rd round, yeah got beaten by W/U and only just won from a team that was at one stage lookin at folding!! yeah unreal!! one win and ouyen are already there hey??!!?
The demons didnt show much on the weekend from wehat i hear, wet weather aside, if they want to be a threat theyll have to lift a notch or ten!!

How is the depth for sides going at J/R see they have a few juniors up in the seniors are they genuine senior players or are you light on for numbers

Im not real sure I'm not there anymore just have an interest in them nowadays and seen them play in the first round. I think they are all seniors, had a few juniors play last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back