Manchester United: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if it means much. United want to sell him but Dortmund can't afford to sign him. United need to keep him fit with no shin pads training. EtH kept him out of the first team squad between August 2023 and January 2024 until he went to BVD. It seemed like they had irreconcilable differences.
Worse. Dortmund can afford to sign him but have chosen not too.

40m. Dortmund have already spent 60m+

Dortmund have never spent €40m on one player. His wages could also be a problem. He's contracted at United until June 2026 on about €300,000 per week. Sabitzer is on about €145,000, Füllkrug €115,000.

I don't think it's that Dortmund don't want him but the financials of a deal could be tricky. Maybe he will go back to City :cool:

Dortmund have never spent €40m on one player. His wages could also be a problem. He's contracted at United until June 2026 on about €300,000 per week. Sabitzer is on about €145,000, Füllkrug €115,000.

I don't think it's that Dortmund don't want him but the financials of a deal could be tricky. Maybe he will go back to City :cool:

He'll probs be back there on loan again if no one bites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uhhhh there is inflation in the market, they are cashed up and spending plenty this summer.

Players negotiate new contracts when they move clubs.

That's why they may as well take 25m. Dortmund will have him back on his 180k wages plus they will give him a signing on bonus due to the lowball fee.
I guess sancho may be keen on staying on his current wage, which is pretty huge.

If he gets sold his wage gets slashed, go on loan stay at the same pay.

Sign on fee should help. Ultimately if he wants to join Dortmund he has to accept a pay cut.
Shouldn't have to. If Dortmund can't pay all of his wages United should pay the balance.

I guess sancho may be keen on staying on his current wage, which is pretty huge.

If he gets sold his wage gets slashed, go on loan stay at the same pay.
If he wants his wage then he should work hard and play. Plenty of minutes for him if he wants them.

Yeah that's a weird one. You're sacking staff who are probably just making normal wages like the rest of us. Whilst your shite footballers are making 150k a week haha

That is not the saving. Costs to employ people go way beyond basic salary.
Of course, I was being facetious.

Have read a few different publications stories on the staff redundancies because with wealthy football clubs the reasons matter. Poor reasons lead to poor optics. And for a club that could count on one hand other clubs with more money than them - with annual turnover in excess of half a billion - the reasons for MUFC and the subsequent optics matter a lot.

Identifying largesse seems perfectly reasonable but one does wonder given this was INEOS conducting a review not long after joining ownership whether 10m~ on 250 staff who clearly need the money, given the C.O.L pressures in the UK is the first place to be cutting costs. 10m saved from people who need the job could have easily have been saved by giving a figurative middle finger to agents and their excessive transfer bonuses.

I'd very much hope a club with the turnover as large as United at least gave them decent redundancy payouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back