Manchester United: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course, I was being facetious.

Have read a few different publications stories on the staff redundancies because with wealthy football clubs the reasons matter. Poor reasons lead to poor optics. And for a club that could count on one hand other clubs with more money than them - with annual turnover in excess of half a billion - the reasons for MUFC and the subsequent optics matter a lot.

Identifying largesse seems perfectly reasonable but one does wonder given this was INEOS conducting a review not long after joining ownership whether 10m~ on 250 staff who clearly need the money, given the C.O.L pressures in the UK is the first place to be cutting costs. 10m saved from people who need the job could have easily have been saved by giving a figurative middle finger to agents and their excessive transfer bonuses.

I'd very much hope a club with the turnover as large as United at least gave them decent redundancy payouts.
I don't think United will care too much. There will be lots of 'marginal gains' (efficiency and financial) in the pipeline with the goal of the sum of these gains resulting in meaningful change. I'd like to think that they got healthy redundancies but I'd imagine that they got what they were entitled to.

The club wanted to sign him 1-2 years ago, he didn’t want to at that stage and now he wants to use the club for a pay day. Apparently his wage demands are £250k a week.

That's not relevant to the current situation where Ratcliffe imposed an age limit for all new signings to be under 25. Rabiot is 29.

All indications are that Jim Ratcliffe is a thought bubble management kind of guy.

That's not relevant to the current situation where Ratcliffe imposed an age limit for all new signings to be under 25. Rabiot is 29.

All indications are that Jim Ratcliffe is a thought bubble management kind of guy.
The club imposed a wage cap, so it is kind of relevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Manchester United: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back