Conspiracy Theory Mandates, Lockdowns, Covid-19, SARS-Cov-2 Thread - Get vaccinated.

About Covid vaccines only: your opinion on mandates?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not "scared" of children catching it and giving it to me.

I'm concerned about the whole community including people who are already ill or undergoing chemotherapy and the like.

The risk involving children is not 0.

Vaccination brings the risks way down.
KennyHuntersBlues and BlueBias - what are the laugh reacts for? Let's hear what you have to say guys.

Wouldn't it be better for the kids themselves to get Omicron and add natural immunity to their repertoire?
This is just anti-vax garbage.

Having chicken pox parties around your way?

I'm trying to find out if the child abuse chicken pox parties were still being held after we found out the virus was also responsible for shingles? That shingles is reactivated chicken pox.

I'm trying to find out if the child abuse chicken pox parties were still being held after we found out the virus was also responsible for shingles? That shingles is reactivated chicken pox.
There was a colony of anti-vaxxers in the Monbulk area. Their affliction seems to have spread. I know there is one mum in my child's school here in Brisbane who does that sort of thing.

Children have been shown to be highly resilient to the virus including the early potent strains. Potentially them getting a mild strain sets them up with future natural immunity. This could include with supplementary vaccines, but that shouldn't be mandated.

Yep, probably hundreds of thousands of healthy children (and healthy adults for that matter) have contracted Covid and didn't even know it.
And, at best estimates, about 18 million have contracted Covid and died.

18 million healthy children have died of Covid?
No.

The best estimates of excess deaths world wide have the total Covid deaths at 18 million people.

But of course this can't be exact because different jurisdictions all around the world have different counting methods, different reliability in collecting stats and so on. You can only go on what you have and make the best estimate while recognising the limitations of your method.

Discussed here, quite early on:

No.

The best estimates of excess deaths world wide have the total Covid deaths at 18 million people.

But of course this can't be exact because different jurisdictions all around the world have different counting methods, different reliability in collecting stats and so on. You can only go on what you have and make the best estimate while recognising the limitations of your method.

Discussed here, quite early on:

It's possible that the excess deaths, as in deaths above expected averages, includes deaths as a result of all things covid-19 - predominately the government action against it since the majority of reliable data jurisdictions already count their covid-19 deaths quite accurately/generously.

predominately the government action against it since the majority of reliable data jurisdictions already count their covid-19 deaths quite accurately/generously.
If that were the case as a rule, then in a jurisdiction like Australia with comparatively few Covid cases and pretty strict restrictions, we would have still seen excess deaths. We didn't.

It seems like a lot of related and knock-on effects couldn't be counted to varying degrees across different jurisdictions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that were the case as a rule, then in a jurisdiction like Australia with comparatively few Covid cases and pretty strict restrictions, we would have still seen excess deaths. We didn't.

It seems like a lot of related and knock-on effects couldn't be counted to varying degrees across different jurisdictions.
The data as I see it doesn't come out until later this month, or early Feb - so I have yet to quantify our excess deaths (if any) for the year of 2020.

Australia also took an approach of supporting, arguably oversupporting if your politics directs you to be upset over spending too much on jobkeeper, so I would expect less government intervention related deaths.

For the record, I would quantify someone seeking to return home being stuck in quarantine taking their own life as a government action death. This includes the woman who accused Porter.

Won’t be long now they will be mandating vaccine on children. If don’t take it won’t be able to go to school. Many parents won’t do it.
No one is forced to get the vaccine.
Making the vaccine a prerequisite for some jobs is a sensible health measure that protect lives and it prevents the health system from breaking down.
People that think they should be able to work any job whilst unvaccinated are innately self-centered and self-important.
They are happy for the virus to spread as a result of their self centered attitude.
If people dont want the vax ,they can find a job where employees don't require a vax.
Anyone complaining about mask wearing is a total and utter selfish mixed up flog. It is the easiest thing to do in the world and doesn't cost any money.

No one is forced to get the vaccine.
Making the vaccine a prerequisite for some jobs is a sensible health measure that protect lives and it prevents the health system from breaking down.
People that think they should be able to work any job whilst unvaccinated are innately self-centered and self-important.
They are happy for the virus to spread as a result of their self centered attitude.
If people dont want the vax ,they can find a job where employees don't require a vax.
Anyone complaining about mask wearing is a total and utter selfish mixed up flog. It is the easiest thing to do in the world and doesn't cost any money.
So hang on, without mandates, and with worse variants than we have now, did the health system break down? Must’ve missed that.

The data as I see it doesn't come out until later this month, or early Feb - so I have yet to quantify our excess deaths (if any) for the year of 2020.

Australia also took an approach of supporting, arguably oversupporting if your politics directs you to be upset over spending too much on jobkeeper, so I would expect less government intervention related deaths.

For the record, I would quantify someone seeking to return home being stuck in quarantine taking their own life as a government action death. This includes the woman who accused Porter.
So you don't want a quarantine system at all because people in quaranteen are killing themselves?
That sounds ridiculous and is .

So you don't want a quarantine system at all because people in quaranteen are killing themselves?
That sounds ridiculous and is .

That isn't at all what I said. Just like you didn't say that everyone with a history of violence, drug related or abnormal behavior should be locked up indefinitely for the safety of innocent people in the general public.

There are costs to every action and inaction. Welcome to the real world where it's not all win or loss and sometimes it's just about not losing as much money as you could and not losing as many people as you might.

That isn't at all what I said. Just like you didn't say that everyone with a history of violence, drug related or abnormal behavior should be locked up indefinitely for the safety of innocent people in the general public.

There are costs to every action and inaction. Welcome to the real world where it's not all win or loss and sometimes it's just about not losing as much money as you could and not losing as many people as you might.
If it is an ethics question then quarantine is the ethical thing to do when it is appropriate .

We are approaching 80% fully vaccinated, Omicron is mild, healthy children are at almost zero risk, time for Australia to return to pre Covid normal.

If you are an adult and unvaccinated as of now you are probably never going to get vaccinated, let everyone return to life and take their chances, I have no problem mingling with the unvaccinated... after all if I can't what was the point of me getting vaccinated?

I am for requiring certain vaccines for certain jobs eg. Flu vaccine has been required for a while now for entry into aged care facilities.

I am 100% against vaccine requirement for carrying on a normal life eg. going shopping, attending restaurants, going to gyms, cinemas, public transport, pubs etc.

Hopefully one good thing to come out of Covid is a lot of people will take control and responsibility for their own health as it is fact that comorbidities are an enormous factor in the bad health outcomes/deaths we have seen eg. obesity.

Im not sure what you're arguing for, but if you were offended we had to have lockdowns that seems silly to me.
You’ve basically claimed lockdowns are the only reason our health systems held up. My very simple question is why weren’t hospitals inundated while people were working without being vaccinated when lockdowns weren’t in effect? Thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Conspiracy Theory Mandates, Lockdowns, Covid-19, SARS-Cov-2 Thread - Get vaccinated.

Back