Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Liam Jones be returning to Ikon Park when pre season starts up again? Or do they only allow international sportsplayers exemptions to their ridiculous rules?

Will Liam Jones be returning to Ikon Park when pre season starts up again? Or do they only allow international sportsplayers exemptions to their ridiculous rules?

Djokovic was always coming , Dan didn’t want to have 2 months of pressers about it.

Are all the F1 drivers vaxxed for the Aus GP ?

Joker will play French , Wimbledon, and US open unvaxxed , can’t see any of them not letting him to play

I find this fascinating how this can be done (prior covid). Not doubting the numbers are reasonable (+/- a couple of % points).

From my background in Operation Research, I can only create (in my head) modelling that is inherently biased one way or the other.

Can this kind of statistical modelling be done in a Petri dish?

If you explain it to me how it is done in a paragraph or 2, I would appreciate it. If you need to educate me to a BioMed Bach degree, don't bother. I am asking way too much of you.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Both the UK and the SA studies looked at prior PCR positives and then at positives again after at least a 90 day interval between the positives. Its crude, but gives a basic indicator.
Of course any asymptomatic infections would be missed.
The UK found 1500 omicron likely reinfections out of a case number of 15,000
It will be interesting to analyse this later as both studies were done quite early (Dec).

Last edited:

Depends on whether they can get an ALP donor to make a phone call to Dan on his behalf.

Allegedly, that is what happened with the Tennis as some donors might not have made as much money off the open if he wasnt allowed. They just took a while to announce it so they could pretend it was an independent decision.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Match Mr Djokovic wins three sets to one

6-7 , 6-0 , 6-0 , 6-0

images

Are you able to articulate your point?

What's the issue here? That Andrews has apparently changed his mind? That the Vic government's new laws means elected officials now makes these calls - not doctors?
That Djokovic is coming? Is it good he's not vax'd? Or bad?

Are you able to articulate your point?

What's the issue here? That Andrews has apparently changed his mind? That the Vic government's new laws means elected officials now makes these calls - not doctors?
That Djokovic is coming? Is it good he's not vax'd? Or bad?
That every one of these rules that have been implemented due to 'science' flips on a dime as soon as its going to effect the ministers personal purse strings or PR

With the health care system on the verge of being overwhelmed, it is time make anti vaxxers put their money where their mouths are and ensure the rest of us can actually get on with our lives with minimal stress.

No one should get lesser care in hospital because resources are being devoted to people who have chosen to ignore the science, and been bitten on the backside by their own decision. Personal responsibility.

With the health care system on the verge of being overwhelmed, it is time make anti vaxxers put their money where their mouths are and ensure the rest of us can actually get on with our lives with minimal stress.

No one should get lesser care in hospital because resources are being devoted to people who have chosen to ignore the science, and been bitten on the backside by their own decision. Personal responsibility.
Just remember that unvaxxed medical staff who were perfectly capable of treating and tending to patients were let go because of this policy.

A couple months later we have nurses breaking iso policies and arriving covid positive?? https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-in-hospitals-no-free-rats-apocalyptic-cinema

Whole things an absolute fiasco and there was 0 reason to lay off a portion of the healthcare system if it was bordering on the verge of collapse.

Unvaxxed and vaxxed doesn't make one scrap of difference at 20k cases daily. The rhetoric and discriminatory language from politicians and media outlets has been an absolute disgrace

Just remember that unvaxxed medical staff who were perfectly capable of treating and tending to patients were let go because of this policy.

A couple months later we have nurses breaking iso policies and arriving covid positive?? https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-in-hospitals-no-free-rats-apocalyptic-cinema

Whole things an absolute fiasco and there was 0 reason to lay off a portion of the healthcare system if it was bordering on the verge of collapse.

Unvaxxed and vaxxed doesn't make one scrap of difference at 20k cases daily. The rhetoric and discriminatory language from politicians and media outlets has been an absolute disgrace
Anti science health care workers were laid off. They were an absolute minority.

Unvaccinated and vaccinated makes an even greater difference at higher case numbers. Every time you leave your house there is a very real chance you will be infected, and from that infection there is a very real chance you will be hospitalised if you are unvaccinated. Not so much for the vaccinated.

Is that accurate though? Are you saying there is (or will) be space and resources available in hospitals but due to no doctors and nurses they won't be able to be used?

FWIW too, I'm not completely comfortable with the cries around discrimination. I've seen recently a popular cut and paste special from anti-vaxers about a study done in the 80s with school kids and their eye colour.
It needs to be acknowledged that eye colour, and most other serious forms of discrimination are generally related to something you cannot control.

A choice to get vax'd or not is a very, very different story.

Last edited:
Reckon djokervic may have a few issues if he tries going out and about down here.
Could be some seriously bad press for vic and the aus open (china has been trying to poach the Asian open for years which won't help the situation)

Reckon djokervic may have a few issues if he tries going out and about down here.
Could be some seriously bad press for vic and the aus open (china has been trying to poach the Asian open for years which won't help the situation)

He won’t be going out. Basically just training and playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anti science health care workers were laid off. They were an absolute minority.

Unvaccinated and vaccinated makes an even greater difference at higher case numbers. Every time you leave your house there is a very real chance you will be infected, and from that infection there is a very real chance you will be hospitalised if you are unvaccinated. Not so much for the vaccinated.
I work with a bricky who still thinks the moon landing was fake... he still knows how to lay bricks effectively just as every health care worker knows how to treat patients and maintain safe practice.

With the new omicron variant showing increasing signs of immunity to the vaccine (regarding spread, not disagreeing vaxx helps reduce serious illness) I think these rules should be rolled back. It has created a fractured society for many and family conflicts galore.

My mum just recovered from covid and we're all double vaxxed so I understand the strain on testing clinics and hospitals but I really believe these rules have done more harm than good in terms of societal division and a workforce crisis being felt not only in healthcare but also industries like construction, retail and many more.

Does anyone believe that having all workers back in the force, unvaxxed and vaxxed... would really be causing more harm than good? I for one would say when the hospital covid ward had half their staff away on leave over the holidays they could have certainly done with the boost of those who were let off even if it was only a small amount of reinforcements.

I work with a bricky who still thinks the moon landing was fake... he still knows how to lay bricks effectively just as every health care worker knows how to treat patients and maintain safe practice.

With the new omicron variant showing increasing signs of immunity to the vaccine (regarding spread, not disagreeing vaxx helps reduce serious illness) I think these rules should be rolled back. It has created a fractured society for many and family conflicts galore.

My mum just recovered from covid and we're all double vaxxed so I understand the strain on testing clinics and hospitals but I really believe these rules have done more harm than good in terms of societal division and a workforce crisis being felt not only in healthcare but also industries like construction, retail and many more.

Does anyone believe that having all workers back in the force, unvaxxed and vaxxed... would really be causing more harm than good? I for one would say when the hospital covid ward had half their staff away on leave over the holidays they could have certainly done with the boost of those who were let off even if it was only a small amount of reinforcements.
Not sure what the moon landing has to do with brick laying.

Science has a bit to do with medical procedures on the other hand.

Being antivax directly impacts a health worker's treatment of patients, that's the difference. How could you have confidence that a person who openly supports pseudoscience would give patients impartial and correct treatment?

The equivalent would be like if a brickie refused to implement proper safety procedures or professional building standards when doing their work....you wouldn't have confidence that they could safely and correctly do their job.

It has created a fractured society for many and family conflicts galore.
Another anti-vaxer myth.

The fractured society was caused by people with political, religious and commercial vested interests.

This happened well before any Vax mandates were introduced.

In principle, I'm against Vax mandates. However there is a argument that it's brought society closer, rather than fracture it.

In my experience, the people I know with antivax family members already have pretty significant prior and unrelated issues with that family member
Well I've had the exact opposite occur in my life, I've had an unvaxxed member of my extended family excluded from all family events as they believe them unsafe to be around and had a few friends completely isolated from their friends of many many years simply for this decision and subsequently been labelled conspiracy theorists and every other term associated with it.

Can an unvaxxed nurse still help treat a patient in need? They treated them for years before and also during the pandemic until they were ejected from their workplace
What if the bricklayer doesn't believe in concrete adhesive and is 20x more likely than other bricklayers to drop a brick on his apprentice's foot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Back