Manual or automatic?

Remove this Banner Ad

Auto.

Seriously who the **** would drive a manual car unless its a money issue?

Cassius_Clay said:
Auto.

Seriously who the **** would drive a manual car unless its a money issue?

Exactly. I think it looks so much harder driving manual-so much effort, why waste energy!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Driving manual does not interest me in the slightest.

BTW what was your first car? My dad just got a new one, so he is passing his old one on to me!

Auto.

Why would I want to manually move a stick around? There's so many things I can do with that other hand like eat a burger, put my arm out the window, slap my passenger etc

A few of my mates drive manuals basically beacuse they think it pulls the chicks :confused: and that it's more fun... :rolleyes:

yeah i learnt as an auto driver. back in my L/P plate days you could get your auto license then after a few years be legally able to drive a manual.

back then my mates all learnt/drove manuals and thought auto learners were soft. funny thing was i had a 78 merc waiting for me (auto) so why waste time learning when I could be driving a merc?

ICanDressMyself said:
A few of my mates drive Manuals basically beacuse they think it pulls the chicks :confused: and that it's more fun... :rolleyes:

That parts not an issue for me (given that I am female) but I absolutely *hate* driving auto's. I've had both an auto car and a manual - which I currently drive. I much prefer the manual. I get bored driving auto's and like to be able to use the gears to slow down/speed up when I need to (no, I don't drive like a bogan or a hoon).

The few thousand dollar saving of buying a manual isn't an issue for me, but my next car will also be a manual.

To each their own. :)

What the deuce? said:
That parts not an issue for me (given that I am female) but I absolutely *hate* driving auto's. I've had both an auto car and a manual - which I currently drive. I much prefer the manual. I get bored driving auto's

Why would you get bored driving auto's? You want no hassells or distractions on the road let alone having to MANUALLY move a stupid stick around. In Drive, handbrake off and you're on your way. Simple. Just the way driving should be

and like to be able to use the gears to slow down/speed up when I need to

Yeah I can slow down/speed up but I use these pedals called accelerators and brakes :thumbsu:

ICanDressMyself said:
Why would you get bored driving auto's? You want no hassells or distractions on the road let alone having to MANUALLY move a stupid stick around. In Drive, handbrake off and you're on your way. Simple. Just the way driving should be

It's because they are doing something all the time and it keeps your interst engaged. Sometimes pointing and driving is a little too easy and your attention starts to wander.

Given you share the road with manual drivers I reckon driving a manual for a while at least is a good idea. It gives you a better idea what's going on with other drivers.

localyokel said:
Given you share the road with manual drivers I reckon driving a manual for a while at least is a good idea. It gives you a better idea what's going on with other drivers.

but does it mean that manual drivers should driver autos as well?

i guess its personal preference. people who think they're better than others because of the type of car they drive need help.

Jeremias said:
Exactly. I think it looks so much harder driving manual-so much effort, why waste energy!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Driving manual does not interest me in the slightest.

BTW what was your first car? My dad just got a new one, so he is passing his old one on to me!
Dad got a new car so he gave me his VT :D

I still had to pay for it though :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the start manual cars are a lot more fun, but when you realise cars are just there to get you from point a to point b, you'll realise autos > manuals.

Drive an auto, but if I ever got a new car, I wouldnt mind a manual. To be honest, it doesnt really phase me. My car is very reliable, and gets me from A to B all the time.

Not fussed really.

Got my P's in an auto, for the ease of learning, and saving money...does that mean techincally that I am not supposed to drive a manual? Doesnt have any indication of that on my licence, that I learnt in an auto, not a manual?

I drive a large car now that's automatic but I must admit I do miss driving a manual. When I first started driving an auto, I was forever putting my hand down on the T-bar to change gears. It took me a while to get used to it.
I haven't driven a manual in years now.

raikkonen said:
Drive an auto, but if I ever got a new car, I wouldnt mind a manual. To be honest, it doesnt really phase me. My car is very reliable, and gets me from A to B all the time.

Not fussed really.

Got my P's in an auto, for the ease of learning, and saving money...does that mean techincally that I am not supposed to drive a manual? Doesnt have any indication of that on my licence, that I learnt in an auto, not a manual?
On the back of the licence it will say class: A or b, c, etc. C is manual in WA i'm sure.

Driving manuals keeps my mind on the job... When driving an auto i tend to drift away and space cadet too much.
I think its best for all concerned if i drive a manual

Herbs said:
If you can't muster the BASIC co-ordination to drive a manual, you shouldn't be driving at all IMO.
So true.

For some reason people think it's difficult, but after a few goes at it, it all becomes natural, like riding a bike.

Remove this Banner Ad

Manual or automatic?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back