marc murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

You dont have the brain power to work it out?

I feel it's just gutless to not list your team. And anyway, you have to pity me, as I expended a lot of brain power trying to decypher that crap that you had written complete with your ..... which I assume are included to represent the way your brain thinks, and the lapses in which no thought runs through your head.

I guess its the same thing with Judd.:rolleyes:

Not really, whilst its great that he has nominated us as his preferred club, deal is far from done. Instead of going by what Big Footy posters have to say Id rather take it from the parties in question:

Swann: comfortable a deal can be done and pick 1 is definately off the table.

WCE: Absolutely adamant that pick 1 is required and will not be held to ransom

So make of it what you will, truth is if for some fact we dont end up getting him we still have a shit load of draft picks and some young talent that will hopefully blossom into kick ass footballers.

On the other hand you, and your fellow North supporters pretty much claiming Marc Murphy will be at North next year without even the slightest bit of evidence to back it up other than "I saw him out with the North Boys"..........well honestly speaks for itself, and the whole line of "he went for North as a kid" holds no weight whatsoever.

Fraser Brown was a die hard collingwood fan, Judd was a diehard melbourne fan (and has named carlton), murphy was a die hard north fan...........see where Im going with this it means **** all.

But as I said whatever floats your boat.

I think it's funny you are highlighting peoples brains when your brain capacity appears to be in line with that of the moron who went by your username. But then now you've got a monkey as a coach so I s'pose it's all good. :thumbsu:

Would rather have a Monkey as a coach than a Claytons coach!!!!

Dean Laidley, the coach the have, when you cant afford a coach!

btw I'd be gobsmacked - but overjoyed - if we got Murphy. I can't see what we can offer, after a prelim final finish and picks starting somewhere around 15, that Carlton would want and we would part with. Carlton are the only team with the luxury of two top five picks to play with - again - and North are in the position of having no early picks because we played too well last season. Again.

And I reckon the time for getting Murphy/Gibbs would be next contract negotiation when the Jodd deal starts to bite at Carlton's negotiating capacity, not now. They would surely do whatever they could to slide through at least 2008 without losing any one of the golden boys, to maximise the benefit of getting Judd on board and the story of hope they are selling.

Would rather have a Monkey as a coach than a Claytons coach!!!!

Dean Laidley, the coach the have, when you cant afford a coach!

You had a premiership coach, but the girls on the playing list couldn't handle being told a few truths. Or the morons masquerading as a board.

Oh, and we don't have a premiership coach, and finished top 4. See where this is heading Nostradamus? Maybe next time before responding you might give some thought to plugging in the other side of that thing upstairs you've been lead to believe is called a brain. :):thumbsu:

Contract means nothing. Plenty of players get traded with time to run on contracts (new club usually picks up the balance).

And do you really believe Judd's going to be an instant hit with his new team 'mates'? If he's taking home 20% of the salary cap - that means no pay rises for the rest of the squad.

Judd's contract will be heavily front-ended, so when guys like Murphy and Gibbs come up for renewal, the money will not be a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12-15 North Supporters. Any of them Members? No use being a supporter if you're not a member.

Talk about your own. They need to go back to kindergarden.

I believe all except two are members actually. Those two are my parents and I was paying for their membership until they were too unwell to go to the football. I actually think North have a high % of their supporters that a members, probably close to the highest in the league

What you blues fans don't know is how valuable Hamish is to this club. A ruckman isn't easy to find and they need time to develop. But like i've mentioned before, how would you know, you play with hackland.
Well as it happens I watch most North games throughout the year. I happen to rate HM very highly and he would be important to any club. In fact HM/DH/BM make a trio of ruckman that is close to the best going around. The fact we have a ******* in ruck in no way means people who support the club can or cannot see quality... That is just pure ignorance

As far as i know his contract finishes next season. But being contracted doesn't stop someone from being traded. Will pounce next season unless he signs a 10 year deal which is beyond anyones' wildest dreams.
Yeah it does finish next season, but without doubt he will be signed before then. He is well regarded and jumping out of his skin at the moment. The fact he is about to be a part of one of the most exciting midfields in the competition means it is less likely than ever that he will leave. Remember very few top line players leave their club. Murphy is going to be top line, few would doubt that.

Why would you want Goddard. His injured and you now call him a dud.

OTOH, as much as judd wants that #3 jumper, our #11 is free for the taking by Murphy.
Goddard is a quality football and a fantastic kick. Every club would welcome him with open arms. My comment was in relation to some Carlton supporters not getting over the fact that he is and will remain a saint, regardless of his passion for Carlton as a boy.

So H has had 1 good year and Gibbs wasnt as good as H this year.

Therefore H>>>> Gibbs

Also how many good years has Murph had?

If you fail to grasp why a club would not be looking to trade their number 1 draft picks in their 2nd and 3rd years then you simply to not get football.

Yeah it does finish next season, but without doubt he will be signed before then. He is well regarded and jumping out of his skin at the moment. The fact he is about to be a part of one of the most exciting midfields in the competition means it is less likely than ever that he will leave. Remember very few top line players leave their club. Murphy is going to be top line, few would doubt that.

Regarding Murphy, what does happen with your Salary Cap? How about if Murphy becomes the next Judd. How do you hold both of them on the same list?

Well thanks for replying in an honest way. If it was some other arrogrant blues supporter, i would have coped the belting of my life for it.

Regarding Murphy, what does happen with your Salary Cap? How about if Murphy becomes the next Judd. How do you hold both of them on the same list?

How did WCE afford Judd, Kerr, Cox, Cousins?

How did Bris afford Voss, Brown, Black, Power, Lappin, Leppitch, Aka, Michael, Lych???

How did Essendon afford Hird, Lloyd?

there is room for an expensive player to have friends. A lot will be made of Judd's salary but dont forget there are a lot of other extrememly well paid players out there

How did Bris afford Voss, Brown, Black, Power, Lappin, Leppitch, Aka, Michael, Lych???

there is room for an expensive player to have friends. A lot will be made of Judd's salary but dont forget there are a lot of other extrememly well paid players out there

I never knew the blues were west coast. And never knew judd was being offered 1 mill for 6 years at the eagles!!!

They couldn't. That's why Judd's leaving.

Salary cap concessions from the AFL

They had trouble. Main reason why their 2000 team ended up imploding.

Unless they start getting paid in brown paper bags again, then it will happen at Carlton too.

See the thing about the Blues is that even though they might get Gibbs and Murphy and Judd etc, they will remain below the salary cap because they will continue to recruit sub-standard youngsters, delist them and get a whole fresh batch of young ones. This means they won't end up paying that much to many players, as many of them are new.

No i didnt hear that at all, but if i remember correctly i did hear Laidly saying at the start of the year that if Judd was interested the Kangas would make a play. Judd wanted to come home to Melbourne. I imagine that even before you "rejected" him, he wouldnt have thought twice about naming them in his five.

TC:eek:
Then I assume you didn't get the memo either. Times change. And you couldn't imagine it? Interesting. No one seems to care though.

Well thanks for replying in an honest way. If it was some other arrogrant blues supporter, i would have coped the belting of my life for it.

Carlton has a lot of room to move. When I say a lot, I would hazard a guess at approx 1.6 million, plus marketing. That figure is very conservative and based on paying 92.5% last year, the 450k+ increase in this years cap and the releasing of Kouta/Lappin/McLaren and probably Whitnall. It also allows for a 6% increase across the board for every player at the club.

The whole of this is again using conservative figures. In all likelyhood there is 100-200k to move..

So with up to 2m this year (1.8m plus 200k marketing), Judd then goes down to 1,000,000 per year. 2009 has close to a 500k increase in the cap as well. With Judd's Salary in 2009 between 500k-1m less in 09 than in 08, plus the extra 500k in the cap there really should be plenty of room to move.

Carlton would not need to break any rules for this to work. We can thank the TV rights for this. the jump between 05 and 06 was appr 120k. The jump from 06 to 07 was about 460k and the jump next season is approx 480k. All of this information is available at the AFLPA.

So we really should be able to cater for this situation I believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

marc murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back