marc murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes playing until hes 65 :eek:

If you do happen to fluke one in his lifetime it certainly wont be deserved but will be because of gifts the Blues have received because of their extreme mediocrity. I wouldn't be proud to support a club that won a flag in such a manner.
You won a flag due to the concessions you received on start up when the cornerstone of that team didn't enter the draft because they knew Port we're being admitted into the AFL.

I wouldn't be proud if we lost a GF by 119 points.

Is that something to be proud of?

Murphy won't play for a broken down and skint club like the Roos.

Queensland is Hicksville.

North pinching Murphy from Carlton would be like Nudge from "Hey Dad" defrauding Dick Pratt of everything he owns. Wont happen, sorry povos!

But we can offer you Whitnall to join Hay and Rawlings :eek:

North pinching Murphy from Carlton would be like Nudge from "Hey Dad" defrauding Dick Pratt of everything he owns. Wont happen, sorry povos!

But we can offer you Whitnall to join Hay and Rawlings :eek:

Whitnall should take himself to join them - in retirement. So many players - who are so much better than Whitnall - have made the call when they are no longer up to it. I can see why you'd accept rubbish play from young guys in the name of hope, but not from him.

Anyway, as far as I can see nothing on these boards is better than a rumour or wishful thinking - why should this thread be any different?

Carlton has a lot of room to move. When I say a lot, I would hazard a guess at approx 1.6 million, plus marketing. That figure is very conservative and based on paying 92.5% last year, the 450k+ increase in this years cap and the releasing of Kouta/Lappin/McLaren and probably Whitnall. It also allows for a 6% increase across the board for every player at the club.

The whole of this is again using conservative figures. In all likelyhood there is 100-200k to move..

So with up to 2m this year (1.8m plus 200k marketing), Judd then goes down to 1,000,000 per year. 2009 has close to a 500k increase in the cap as well. With Judd's Salary in 2009 between 500k-1m less in 09 than in 08, plus the extra 500k in the cap there really should be plenty of room to move.

Carlton would not need to break any rules for this to work. We can thank the TV rights for this. the jump between 05 and 06 was appr 120k. The jump from 06 to 07 was about 460k and the jump next season is approx 480k. All of this information is available at the AFLPA.

So we really should be able to cater for this situation I believe.

I think Carlton paid something in the vicinity of 98.3% this year.

murphy 100% at the blues next year no doubt about it at all...

signed a 3 year deal from the start i believe.. comes up next year.. loves it at the blues and wont go anywhere.. as far as the number 3 goes, he isn't keen at all on giving it up.. even if they is some $$ thrown at him for it..
boys are in mexico so when they come back expect things to happen then..

How did WCE afford Judd, Kerr, Cox, Cousins?

How did Bris afford Voss, Brown, Black, Power, Lappin, Leppitch, Aka, Michael, Lych???

How did Essendon afford Hird, Lloyd?

there is room for an expensive player to have friends. A lot will be made of Judd's salary but dont forget there are a lot of other extrememly well paid players out there

How many of those were on 25% of the salary cap? :eek:

How many of those were on 25% of the salary cap? :eek:

Yet another who fails to understand that even if Judd were on as much as 25% of the cap next season, the % takes dramatic drops in subsequent years...

With season 4 and 5 between 9-11% of the cap... Hardly a stab to the heart.

murphy 100% at the blues next year no doubt about it at all...

signed a 3 year deal from the start i believe.. comes up next year.. loves it at the blues and wont go anywhere.. as far as the number 3 goes, he isn't keen at all on giving it up.. even if they is some $$ thrown at him for it..
boys are in mexico so when they come back expect things to happen then..

If it means it went even a little way in getting Judd, plus the success that he may bring to the club, I would've thought he wouldn't have minded giving it up.

Guess we'll all find out in due course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

marc murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back