Mariners in search of a new player

Remove this Banner Ad

YOTC said:
all because of one whiny little girl.

Ahh well YOTC - you never know - there are all rounders out there who bat very well so we will just have to flirt with danger and see what comes out eh! But you have joined at a good time - Top of the 1 dayers and finding out feet in the longer game! Fun times at the Mariners!

YOTC said:
all because of one whiny little girl.
I won't be adding you to the squad YOTC, i am really sorry. We already have three all rounders and just don't need another.
Once again i am sorry, in my oppinion we need a pure batsman.

On another note it seems so stupid that we went all the effort of getting YOTC across over to the mariners only to be shut down at the last hurdle .
Why weren't we told of this at the start, it must have been clear to you that we wanted YOTC to play as a pure batsman.

Thats ********ed...

Silky is probably up to this.

YOTC should be abled to play and should be in the team as an allrounder.

Im an allrounder and averaging like 90 with over 400 runs...

YOTC is better than me and should be in the squad.

And I never get bowled as much as i used to so i consider myself as a pure bat basically.....YOTC could be the new all rounder

fahmi said:
Thats ********ed...

Silky is probably up to this.
Up to what? I only mentioned it to Kapow the other day, cause when I was transfering YOTC's player data from the Koalas to the Mariners the other day - it listed him as an all-rounder.

I let Kapow know, cause I was unsure what to do. Kapow has said he cannot change. He makes the rules. Not me.

Been talking with a potential recruit in Portentous.

Yes I know it does not fit my bill as a Freo Diehard but hey sometimes you have to cast aside your ideals for the sake of the team.

Hopefully SHE will be posting her interest here soon. The Zoe Goss of the Mariners!

3000+ BF posts suggests she is more than a flash in the pan!

Ok I'll put my hand up. I am a pure batsman-absolute shyte bowler! Can bat anywhere from 1 to 6 and play in the Gillchrist mould. I'm attacking and score my runs quickly. I like nothing better than belting balls over the fence and into the carpark. Would love the opportunity to be part of your side and can guarantee that I will give 100% to the cause. I have "grudges" against some of your SA based opponents that can be no doubt sorted out on the cricket ground. :)

BTW I'm also a good masseuse!

I await your response.

And I'll understand if you knock me back for a Freo supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To: Fremantle Mariners

Care of: Mr. BB Gun

Subject: Your club

------------------------

Dear Mr. Gun,

After reading this thread i have come to the conclusion that your club is a rabble and needs a proper heirarchy installed for you to release yourselves from the grip of the "laughing stock" tag that is firmly holding you down.

I mainly refer to the way you have been recruiting this season.

You claim you want pure batsmen, so what do you do? You go out and try to recruit an all-rounder in YOTC - very intelligent.

Then along comes a pure batsman (DoubleA) and you tell him to "come down to training" - A severe lack of decision-making on whether you want the boy to play for you or not, no sight of a "yes" or "no" answer.
This lack of an ability to make decisions is further emphasised with the "arrival" of Ms Portentous.

The way you are going, Mr. Gun, you will be having new players (or flavours of the month, the way your club is run) coming "down to training" for ever. Make a decision for goodness sake!

Your club also has no direction whatsoever, this is where your leadership qualities get questioned - Where are you taking your team? You dont even know who you want to play for your team.

With new (possible) recruits popping in every second day, the rest of your squad is unsettled, with no idea of where you, Mr. Gun, are taking them. Some players (Fahmi) have even quit the club because they are so confused.

I sincerely hope you take this on board and fix your club properly - off-field you are giving the league a bad name.

Yours truely,

Mr. Etts.

That was almost as intelligent as your last RICKETTS RICKETTS RICKETTS RICKETTS post!

We are looking for batsmen, it was made clear to DoubleA that there would be a few options canvassed and a decision made for the club's best interests. Portentous has put her hat in the ring also.
BB will make the call.

What is it about that that you find so mentally challenging?

Ricketts said:
:D

You guys have been stuffing around for ages, and everyone is scared to make a decision.
sign of a very poorly run club

Ricketts said:
:D

You guys have been stuffing around for ages, and everyone is scared to make a decision.

Well we thought we had the player in YOTC - but our 1st year status meant we were unaware of a condition or two, so YOTC had to be turned down.

THen a Ricketts clone DoubleA turns up, on your recommendation, and now Portentious is also a contender.

BBGun told AA to get to training, decision pending.

You are obviously a bit touchy because you want a 3rd Alias in BF Cricket - yes?

Personally I';d take a 3000+ poster over an 82 poster.

brilliant pies said:
sign of a very poorly run club

THis frm the two princes of propaganda, timelords of tomfoolery, Supremos of self-centredness, masters of media-spin, and barons of bull-********;)

The thing that has annoyed me the most though Funky and I see Ricketts has agreed is the "Come down to training for a week and then i will decide". If a perfectly good option is presented to you then you grasp it, no point sitting on the fence waiting for someone to prove themself. Yes on some occasions you may be burnt like this yet atleast you are seen as not afraid to take a chance in building the club into the powerhouse we all know it can be.

As I said in a earlier post, I would say straight away to portentous your in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mariners in search of a new player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back