Mark Coughlan

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cotch

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Not much has been made about this but the 'forgotten' footballer, Mark Coughlan, has been named in the squad of 25 to take on the Dogs' on Monday after a 41 possesion, 10 tackle effort for Coburg on the weekend.

Truly a remarkable effort. He's made comeback after comeback and surely would have had deep thoughts about his future as an AFL footballer. Battled osteitus pubis in his 4th year and did his knee in 2006. Re-injured that same knee in 07, and went in for his second reconstruction. Had recurring hamstring issues last year on his road to recovery, so went to Germany and had it operated on. Now he's completed a successful pre-season, not without its hiccups, but it looks like he's here finally (fingers crossed).

People often forget just how good Coughlan was at such a young age. Won his clubs best and fairest in his second year of football, All-Australian and finished top 10 in the Brownlow that year. He was compared with the likes of Judd and Hodge as the best young players in the league.

I wish Mark all the best when he does play, hopefully this weekend, and I'm sure we'll see a lot more great footy from this little superstar.

I think the wink was a give away that he was joking about who you called the 'forgotten man' and if we know who you talking about he isn't forgotten! ;)

I wish Mark all the best when he does play, hopefully this weekend, and I'm sure we'll see a lot more great footy from this little superstar.

In all honesty i reckon those concerned would just be wrapped if he could:

a. Stay on the park.

b. contribute and get 10-15 possesions.

Would love to see him get back to his best (a regular at 161 and a top guy) but cant see it happening.

Good luck though.

I remember him being a very good footballer. Hopefully he gets somewhere in the vacinity of his former level. Hard to imagine but can only hope for the best for the bloke :thumbsu:

Not much has been made about this but the 'forgotten' footballer, Mark Coughlan, has been named in the squad of 25 to take on the Dogs' on Monday after a 41 possesion, 10 tackle effort for Coburg on the weekend.

Truly a remarkable effort. He's made comeback after comeback and surely would have had deep thoughts about his future as an AFL footballer. Battled osteitus pubis in his 4th year and did his knee in 2006. Re-injured that same knee in 07, and went in for his second reconstruction. Had recurring hamstring issues last year on his road to recovery, so went to Germany and had it operated on. Now he's completed a successful pre-season, not without its hiccups, but it looks like he's here finally (fingers crossed).

People often forget just how good Coughlan was at such a young age. Won his clubs best and fairest in his second year of football, All-Australian and finished top 10 in the Brownlow that year. He was compared with the likes of Judd and Hodge as the best young players in the league.

hope he gets back, don't know if he'll be as good but good luck to him

I really liked how he went about it pre-injury. Very sad what's happened to him over the years, but it's nice to see his hard work and effort pay off.

Will be great if he can get back to his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all honesty i reckon those concerned would just be wrapped if he could:

a. Stay on the park.

b. contribute and get 10-15 possesions.

Would love to see him get back to his best (a regular at 161 and a top guy) but cant see it happening.

Good luck though.

Well he has no problems getting the ball. Last year when he came back from the hammy he got 40 touches as well. He's a ball magnet

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Coughlan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back