Mark Doran

Remove this Banner Ad

Send your feedback to nriley@sen.com.au I sent her an email and got a reply the next day. Okay, mine was in praise of their broadcasting team at the Geelong V North game, but if they don't know they ain't gonna fix it.

This ferrett is absolute scum.

One day I heard a caller wanting to have a chat about Gary Ablett's massive supercoach effort of 250ish points earlier in the season, he thought it was a record, but I'm not sure of this. Robbo from the Sun was in, so it seemed like a reasonable topic.

Doran shoots the guy down within 10 seconds, "I don't care about supercoach, ring up with something worthwhile etc"

They cut to a break, and upon returning, Robbo forced him apologize to the caller, labelling Doran as "unacceptable." Then reminding him that it is effectively an open line for all the fans out there to discuss anything about footy.

I didn't like Doran before, but since then I've despised the man.

Doran tries to control the show too much, instead of dealing with the issues people wanna talk about he tries hard to control it to issues he thinks he is an expert on.

Oh and BTW SEN do monitor Big Footy threads......

Just a terrible bloke. I listen to him now and then just so I have something that I can vent at. The ferret and king of the poo people they are great descriptions of a poor excuse for a radio announcer who has obviously kissed all the right arses.
I am positive that SEN could get better talent than him to do the afternoon show. Thinking of some non SEN people someone like Nicole Livingstone, Damien Fleming, Dean Jones etc. Deano and Flem probably get too much for travelling and commetating cricket and maybe too busy but they have talent and credibility.
Tony Shaw is not everyones cup of tea but when he talks about general sporting stuff he listens and answers. He is honest as the day is long and won't take crap. I would think he would be a good acquisition to the network.

Just a terrible bloke. I listen to him now and then just so I have something that I can vent at. The ferret and king of the poo people they are great descriptions of a poor excuse for a radio announcer who has obviously kissed all the right arses.
I am positive that SEN could get better talent than him to do the afternoon show. Thinking of some non SEN people someone like Nicole Livingstone, Damien Fleming, Dean Jones etc. Deano and Flem probably get too much for travelling and commetating cricket and maybe too busy but they have talent and credibility.
Tony Shaw is not everyones cup of tea but when he talks about general sporting stuff he listens and answers. He is honest as the day is long and won't take crap. I would think he would be a good acquisition to the network.
Agree self-centred little obnoxious ferret.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doran tries to control the show too much, instead of dealing with the issues people wanna talk about he tries hard to control it to issues he thinks he is an expert on.

Oh and BTW SEN do monitor Big Footy threads......

That's just it, he thinks he's an expert on everything. And if SEN monitor threads on BigFooty, they obviously pay no attention to them.

This ferrett is absolute scum.

One day I heard a caller wanting to have a chat about Gary Ablett's massive supercoach effort of 250ish points earlier in the season, he thought it was a record, but I'm not sure of this. Robbo from the Sun was in, so it seemed like a reasonable topic.

Doran shoots the guy down within 10 seconds, "I don't care about supercoach, ring up with something worthwhile etc"

They cut to a break, and upon returning, Robbo forced him apologize to the caller, labelling Doran as "unacceptable." Then reminding him that it is effectively an open line for all the fans out there to discuss anything about footy.

I didn't like Doran before, but since then I've despised the man.

I remember that as well. Doran tore shreds from that guy. Good to see Robbo put him back in his place.

The funny thing is that the Doran of today is a much more composed one than of a few years ago....says alot about how bad he really was.

LMAO I don't care if he was the ferret before or after, he is now known to me as "King Ferret Of The Poo People".
I am going to make sure this thread keeps going, such is my dislike of the knob. I want him off-air as of yesterday and it is my personal aim to make him despised enough to get him off air.
I am pleased so many others think he is like Simon the Unlikeable as I do.

LMAO I don't care if he was the ferret before or after, he is now known to me as "King Ferret Of The Poo People".
I am going to make sure this thread keeps going, such is my dislike of the knob. I want him off-air as of yesterday and it is my personal aim to make him despised enough to get him off air.
I am pleased so many others think he is like Simon the Unlikeable as I do.

Well said. I'm with you. let's keep this thread alive. There are a number of media people who annoy me, but I can always manage to deal with it, but the moment Doran comes on air, I switch off. He's easily the biggest drop kick in the media.

Well said. I'm with you. let's keep this thread alive. There are a number of media people who annoy me, but I can always manage to deal with it, but the moment Doran comes on air, I switch off. He's easily the biggest drop kick in the media.
Growing up in Mildura, myself, and others i know remember him very well. Even in the country media he was an absolute clueless tool. Couldnt believe it when he popped up on the media oulets in the big smoke, but to be honest we were glad to see the back of him. I reckon rexy saw through him very early in the piece, hence the nickname the ferret

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Doran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back