Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard that the crows are heavily into Scott Pendlebury for a bit of experience around the ball, and given he's now collingwood's best ever player I think this would be a landmark signing for us.

Our First rounder and Keane going back to the pies.

Nah I think the only way this happens is Pick 4, Curtin and Keane. Maybe Rachele and Soligo as well. Depends on whether they settle or seek to get the maximum compensation they can for their best ever player who is bordering retirement.

My guess with Keane is, he's going to be traded, no point risking injury in a dead rubber.

Mutual decision not to play.
I think him giving away 2 free kicks which cost goals probably did some damage, he got yelled at by the coach so now he has to quit the club, burn bridges and go to Melbourne where they have 6 Irish pubs instead of 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn I hope you're right.

I can't see it myself.

It's been known for awhile he's keen to get back to Melbourne, the city.

Here we are at the end of the season, this is when these departures take place. Not playing in the final game is what we should expect (doesn't always happen).

I like him as a player, but not against moving him on. So many don't want to move. if we have someone putting their hand up who we can cover and gets a decent pick, do it.

Amazing how much the Rash stuff has glossed over the fact Keane was omitted without an explanation.
Technically it wasn't without explanation. The explanation is that he was granted personal leave, not omitted, as per the team sheet.

Yeah, the personal reasons aren't explained, but he wasn't omitted.

Bigfooty will break.

Devil's advocate and I am only saying this to be contrarian. IF that happened and we traded them, we may well add Draper, Lalor and travaglia to our club. Long term would we be better off or worse off playing talent wise?

Of course that does not factor in the toxic culture that would have developed with our failing coaches and board that refuse to hold them to account.

Devil's advocate and I am only saying this to be contrarian. IF that happened and we traded them, we may well add Draper, Lalor and travaglia to our club. Long term would we be better off or worse off playing talent wise?

Of course that does not factor in the toxic culture that would have developed with our failing coaches and board that refuse to hold them to account.

I'm glad you added that last paragraph. I think Keane won't be the only one wanting out.
The club and its toxic culture are to blame for all of this.

The problem with this is it puts your rebuild back 3-4 years. Now your window only starts opening near the end of the career of your best players (Dawson and Rankine).

The problem with this is it puts your rebuild back 3-4 years. Now your window only starts opening near the end of the career of your best players (Dawson and Rankine).
Maybe and maybe not (to be contrarian again). Dan Curtin has only just come into the side this year, has been mismanaged for a good part of the season it seems and talls take longer to develop. Rachele up forward would be a loss for sure. BUT, Lalor and say Travaglia may both play next year and for a good part of it and if they are as good as they project, by year 2 might be really contributing to the side. What I am saying is that we lose Rachele's output but Dan has not yet had a good enough run at it where we would miss his output. So would we really be worse off if ANB also comes in and the new boys allow Izak to assume some more forward minutes?

For the record, ad my posting backs this up, I don't want to lose Dan Curtin full stop - he has the potential to be a star of the comp imo. Rachele is good, could my arm be twisted to trade him if he asked for it - yes, but I would want a Lalor or Travaglia etc in this draft if not a young AA trending mid like Finn Callaghan etc

He's been at 2 AFL Clubs
Walked out on 2 AFL Clubs
Went "home" both times
Is that not a pattern?

Not if he plans to return and play at another club next year. If he’s told them he’s not playing next year and is demanding a trade and we haven’t selected him, which we shouldn’t, surely he’s free to head home for his holidays. Only thing left for him at our club is mad Monday and b&f. And let’s face it, looks like the group might be fracturing. Can’t criticise him for choosing to head home for as much holiday as possible.

I think him giving away 2 free kicks which cost goals probably did some damage, he got yelled at by the coach so now he has to quit the club, burn bridges and go to Melbourne where they have 6 Irish pubs instead of 2.

We’re such a brilliantly operated club that any player discontent must reflect poorly on the individual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back