Confirmed Mark Keane - Signs 3 Year Extension [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The jungle drums are beating alot louder now that he is looking for a trade at the end of the year to Collingwood.
He is actually an extremely good player, one of the best Irish boys in awhile. He is one of our best performing backs, and has been trusted with the kick ins.

If I'm the club, I'm not letting him go. He's only 24 years of age and is going to be an excellent player for nearly a decade.
Collingwood would want to offer something rich to get him I think.

The jungle drums are beating alot louder now that he is looking for a trade at the end of the year to Collingwood.
He is actually an extremely good player, one of the best Irish boys in awhile. He is one of our best performing backs, and has been trusted with the kick ins.

If I'm the club, I'm not letting him go. He's only 24 years of age and is going to be an excellent player for nearly a decade.
Collingwood would want to offer something rich to get him I think.
what are you expecting collingwood to offer

Keane’s a solid defender. Much more an interceptor than a 1v1 guy. Has a good amount of value to us, given Butts seems to be injured more often than not, and Borlase is bang average

Remains to be seen whether we let him go this year to get premium value for him, or retain him and take the risk on convincing him to stay

Either way, Ratugolea got pick 25, and Keane is better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratugolea is a shit defender, i would never call him an "extremely good defender"

I don't overrate players on my team unlike you
So we agree Keane is better than Rat. Port gave up pick 25 and change for him out of contract. Keane in contract is worth more.

If you don't see the upside for Keane, when he has been playing AFL for a couple of years, then that's your defect.

what are you expecting collingwood to offer
I am expecting a stink average second rounder, that's the issue.
He's only 24, is playing excellent football, and has scope for more improvement as he gets games into him.
He really fits a need for us.
That's the issue, we won't get what he is worth to us, so I just hope the club say, nah, you can stay.
The problem that may arise is he could just head off back to Ireland if things don't go his way.

Very good player. I rate him. Clean user and makes smart decisions. Great pick up by Adelaide.
I think he has snuck up on people. Played way better than I thought he would, and obviously Collingwood have been impressed as well.
Add to that it would make me vomit in my mouth thinking of him going back to the Pies.
Like having a chubby GF who's ex didn't want her, but she lost weight and now he wants her back, and she goes back to him.

So we agree Keane is better than Rat. Port gave up pick 25 and change for him out of contract. Keane in contract is worth more.

If you don't see the upside for Keane, when he has been playing AFL for a couple of years, then that's your defect.

We got held over the coals by Geelong who have form in that area. Adelaide do not have the same killer instinct to do that.

Besides, they are different types KPD, Keane is more of an intercepting/rebounding defender, Ratugolea is more like a Murray 1v1 defender. I don't think Ratugolea would have Amartey kick 9 goals on him, if that's what you're asking.

Based on your shallow comparison of players (just posting the default stats that the AFL website spews up to you) Murray is statistically similar to Ratugolea, which makes him worse than Keane too. Thoughts?.

1723610869815.png

Would think the pies 2nd rounder would do the trick then on-trade that to Gold Coast for Lukosius.
Is Lukosius the same value as Keane?
Both 24yo
Similar height
Both contracted
but Lukos has played 115 games where as Keane has played 30

I would have thought that Lukos would have a higher value?

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Mark Keane - Signs 3 Year Extension [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back