Confirmed Mark Keane - Signs 3 Year Extension [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can i get a genuine answer please

You’re obviously not a fan but what about him is not looking good?

He's not super quick, not a brilliant interceptor and his kicking whilst long isn't all that penetrative. Hows that?
Plus we have other half back options, he's not a need in 2025 and beyond.

He's not super quick, not a brilliant interceptor and his kicking whilst long isn't all that penetrative. Hows that?
Plus we have other half back options, he's not a need in 2025 and beyond.
Damn, considered him one of the better 18yo HBFs back in 2022, unfortunate for him that he hasn’t come on

We got held over the coals by Geelong who have form in that area. Adelaide do not have the same killer instinct to do that.

Besides, they are different types KPD, Keane is more of an intercepting/rebounding defender, Ratugolea is more like a Murray 1v1 defender. I don't think Ratugolea would have Amartey kick 9 goals on him, if that's what you're asking.

Based on your shallow comparison of players (just posting the default stats that the AFL website spews up to you) Murray is statistically similar to Ratugolea, which makes him worse than Keane too. Thoughts?.

View attachment 2079125
Thanks for proving my point. Keane is playing better than both Rat and Murray, which goes to show he is an excellent player now.
Adelaide under Reid has absolutely shown they are hard ball traders.
We got a pick for CC everyone said he wasn't worth, which again goes to show the lack of talent identification on BF, as he was always worth that pick.
We got a good return for Mitch McGovern, Jake Lever, and Sydney cried that they got bent over by us with Dawson as GWS thought with Heatly.

I actually have faith in Reid to get maximum value at this point.

Is Lukosius the same value as Keane?
Both 24yo
Similar height
Both contracted
but Lukos has played 115 games where as Keane has played 30

I would have thought that Lukos would have a higher value?
Normally Luko would, but as GC are pushing him out, and his is on big coin, it does drop his value somewhat.
GC isn't going to be able to tell anyone that a player that isn't good enough to be in there best 22, is still worth a top first round pick.

Pity this got derailed by a measuring contest between Port and Crows.
I have rated him since I first watched him play in a practice match.
Couple of slight knocks on him.
1/ he’s prone to a few brain fades, (might fix that with more experience)
2/ lacks the innate stuff that comes with playing the game your whole life, (not his fault).
Remarkably composed at times considering the above too.
My opinion on trade value means SFA so I won’t bother.

Pity this got derailed by a measuring contest between Port and Crows.
I have rated him since I first watched him play in a practice match.
Couple of slight knocks on him.
1/ he’s prone to a few brain fades, (might fix that with more experience)
2/ lacks the innate stuff that comes with playing the game your whole life, (not his fault).
Remarkably composed at times considering the above too.
My opinion on trade value means SFA so I won’t bother.
When I heard we had got him this year, I was like, meh. I dont rate the Irish guys, as they are coming from a long way back, and the majority are busts.
So he's making me swallow a little pride at the moment.

Is Lukosius the same value as Keane?
Both 24yo
Similar height
Both contracted
but Lukos has played 115 games where as Keane has played 30

I would have thought that Lukos would have a higher value?

Why? Just because he’s played more games?

Luko has been a disappointment for where he was drafted.

Keane has played less because he didn’t grow up with the game. Which player has more room for improvement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s always a suitcase at his door. Trading for him is fraught with danger.

Coming from a Gaelic football background which as I understand is amateur at all levels in Ireland, is it possible Keane does not understand/respect the concept of professional sport in Australia and believes his contract is worth nothing?

He left Collingwood in dire straits in early 2022. Full-back in the side was all his before he packed up and left for home, leaving Collingwood with a cooked Jordan Roughead and Jack Madgen to play key defence. Fortunately Nathan Murphy returned from injury after 10 or so rounds and saved our asses.

Hard to get around him at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Mark Keane - Signs 3 Year Extension [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back