Mark Neeld to coach.... thoughts??

Remove this Banner Ad

sounds impressive, has a perfect pedigree.

TBH, I'm impressed Melbourne had the courage of their convictions to go with Neeld as opposed to, say, Eade. It would have been so easy to say "oh we need an experienced coach", but I think your club has made the right move.

Neeld, on first impressions, seems a good man for the job. You should be excited I reckon.

Well I've have seen so many rumors not to be true this last month so take it with a grain of Salt. SHOULD be Neeld's call who he has as assistants - I hope they ask what say did Neeld for Craig's move

Hahaha, sorry to pick on unimportant shit - but what on earth does that mean rg4e?

Hahaha, sorry to pick on unimportant shit - but what on earth does that mean rg4e?

Its a moot point re Craig now BUT you would like to think if you were to hire ANY assistant coach regardless of Craig or not, Neeld will have a major say otherwise why have him there

I based that question on IF the HS was right

This guy is what Melboune need

Sounds arrogant and hungry. The opposite of Dean.

Neeld is not even close to arrogant. Being confident in your abilities and what you want to achieve is one thing - arrogant it is not.

Very happy with each passing moment with this appointment. Excited for what he has to say but looking forward to that translating to the football field.

That sux! Way to dampen the excitement around here :thumbsdown:

The more I read about Neeld, the more I like. But I remember feeling the same when I read about Dean Bailey when I knew nothing about him. Craig would have been a great appt as senior assisstant.

I really hope we get a whole new range of assisstant coaches. West might be the only one I'd consider holding onto. The rest can pack there bags. Time for fresh blood...

West is the worst of them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved this from Schwab from his interview on the MFC website:

"We didn't want to do a death by Powerpoint with this process..."

Seems like we've learnt from our mistakes. Sounds as though they got down to the hard stuff and wanted to hear about what they could bring to the table etc.

Also will he be staying on at Collingwood for the last few weeks? Do we know and what would we like?

I personally would like him to stay at Collingwood. The experience would only help.

He's not staying at Collingwood. I love the way he puts it too: I'm the senior coach of the MFC and my job started at 6:00pm last night.

You could mount a case either way but I'd be happy for him to get down to the club and be heavily involved in all of the decisions that still need to be made.

Not sure about a link to the presser, SEN probably have audio on the website.

Going on bit of a tangent here, and correct me if my maths is wrong, but based on that video from dees tv he has 3 daughters, the oldest being 20... and hes 40... so that implies, unless there are other factors involved of which I'm not aware, that he had his first child at 20...that is very young and to me shows a very high level of maturity from a very young age.

He seemed very composed and focused in the interview, and obviously we won't know much until he begins coaching next year, but I'm comfortable to be in the hands of someone who has the coaching (15years) and life experience (half his life as a parent) beyond his years. An old head on young shoulders.

Going on bit of a tangent here, and correct me if my maths is wrong, but based on that video from dees tv he has 3 daughters, the oldest being 20... and hes 40... so that implies, unless there are other factors involved of which I'm not aware, that he had his first child at 20...that is very young and to me shows a very high level of maturity from a very young age.

He seemed very composed and focused in the interview, and obviously we won't know much until he begins coaching next year, but I'm comfortable to be in the hands of someone who has the coaching (15years) and life experience (half his life as a parent) beyond his years. An old head on young shoulders.
Last time I checked most people who have kids when they are 20 aren't necessarily mature. The fact he had 2 more afterwards presumes he was in a loving relationship and was mature but to judge someone either way because of it isn't fair.

He's certainly focused and it seems he has a lot of belief, which is certainly important. How can you convince the players to do everything you want if you can't convince yourself.

That's drawing the longest of bows...

Mark Neeld has been judged the best person for the job, so now the club has to give him what he needs to do the job. That means authority to make decisions without others meddling, a support team he is happy with , and a director of coaching, but only if everyone agrees that would be the best move ie. most of all Mark Neeld must accept that idea. No point in throwing a director of coaching at him if he doesn't want/need one...especially if it is someone he isn't comfortable with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Neeld to coach.... thoughts??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back