Mark Neeld to coach.... thoughts??

Remove this Banner Ad

Pheww I am relieved that Melbourne pulled out all the stops and went for the best. Clearly easier to select a keen apprentice who will do what he is told rather than a seasoned coach like Ross Lyon who might destroy a few empires within the establishment which is what is required at the Dee's.We wait with bated breath to see what occurs when Melbourne suffers another huge loss. Gary Lyon can now focus on the important things in life; get his golf handicap down.

Pheww I am relieved that Melbourne pulled out all the stops and went for the best. Clearly easier to select a keen apprentice who will do what he is told rather than a seasoned coach like Ross Lyon who might destroy a few empires within the establishment which is what is required at the Dee's.We wait with bated breath to see what occurs when Melbourne suffers another huge loss. Gary Lyon can now focus on the important things in life; get his golf handicap down.

And Floggo, you now have the same opportunity yourself at the Royal Salisbury Golf Course (opposite the Red Rooter).

Like how he said in the ABC interview how he demanded his own people in his coaching staff and how he said from day 1 he is going to have non negotiables.

Wish your folks had focused on contraception.

I don't think captains are judged by what they write on twitter. Neeld is going to laugh at u at the B&F

I doubt it as he knows the truth about our illustrious onfield leader. :eek:

It's not the point about him writing on twitter. Blackas. My point is that he cant take 2 minutes to write about something other than himself whether it be on twitter or whatever yet the Collingwood captain can. The sooner he gets asked to step down the better.

Judgement on Green is in?
Leadership = 0
Inspiration = 0
Hardness = 0
Selfishness=10
Worst Captain in MFC history= 10

Speaking of which, you must be happy to have Dean Bailey return to the club.

Like how he said in the ABC interview how he demanded his own people in his coaching staff and how he said from day 1 he is going to have non negotiables.

Absolutely loved this interview. So impressive and he sounds like what the club needs. Makes me pumped for 2012!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, feather in the Port cap choosing Primus over Chris Scott.

It's not the point about him writing on twitter. Blackas. My point is that he cant take 2 minutes to write about something other than himself whether it be on twitter or whatever yet the Collingwood captain can. The sooner he gets asked to step down the better.

Leadership = 0
Inspiration = 0
Hardness = 0
Selfishness=10

We all know Green didn't have the best season but people are trying to look for anything to have a go at him even if it is what he writes or doesn't write on twitter, we have a new coach and a new begining, lets not kick our players down on whats happened in this season lets look at positives for next season.

Leadership = 0
Inspiration = 0
Hardness = 0
Selfishness=10

Quality of Post = 0/10
Respect shown to a very good player and ten plus year servant of the MFC = 0/10
Fair-weather poster comment = 10/10

We talk about changing a club's culture. I think it starts with our supporters. You wouldn't go on to an Essendon/Carlton/Collingwood club board and hear their supporters bag their long-serving and loyal players, particularly their captain. And if we said anything bad about their players or their club, we'd have our heads ripped off. We need to support our own, particularly when they are at a low ebb. And not just on BF, but in all situations. Don't talk down the MFC in public forums, or allow others to do so. It allows the 'soft' tag to be continued to be thrown at us as supporters, and at the club.

*NB This rant does not apply to all posters. 80% on here are wonderful, dedicated MFC supporters.

We talk about changing a club's culture. I think it starts with our supporters. You wouldn't go on to an Essendon/Carlton/Collingwood club board and hear their supporters bag their long-serving and loyal players, particularly their captain. And if we said anything bad about their players or their club, we'd have our heads ripped off. We need to support our own, particularly when they are at a low ebb. And not just on BF, but in all situations. Don't talk down the MFC in public forums, or allow others to do so. It allows the 'soft' tag to be continued to be thrown at us as supporters, and at the club.

*NB This rant does not apply to all posters. 80% on here are wonderful, dedicated MFC supporters.
Agree with this 100%

We all know Green didn't have the best season but people are trying to look for anything to have a go at him even if it is what he writes or doesn't write on twitter, we have a new coach and a new begining, lets not kick our players down on whats happened in this season lets look at positives for next season.
He had a really bad year, however it is quickly forgotten that he was unlucky not to be AA the season before. Who cares what he does and doesn't write on twitter, it's a stupid concept anyway

Leadership = 0
Inspiration = 0
Hardness = 0
Selfishness=10

Oh how short a memory some people have on here

i would expect all coaches to have non-negotiables, it will just be interesting to see how strongly they are enforced

Don't kid yourself, all clubs have supporters who bag their own players, it is not specific just to Melbourne. It happens at all clubs, including Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood. But when you're winning, the criticism isn't as loud.

Don't kid yourself, all clubs have supporters who bag their own players, it is not specific just to Melbourne. It happens at all clubs, including Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood. But when you're winning, the criticism isn't as loud.

I don't deny this. All I'm saying is that culture pertains to all facets of a club. Supporters that run our club and its players down do nothing to disprove the perception that we are an apathetic group who only follow the team when we're winning.

Don't bag our club or our players. There's supporters from 17 other clubs happy to do that for us. Make suggestions about how we can improve or get better, sure. But don't talk the MFC down.

I don't deny this. All I'm saying is that culture pertains to all facets of a club. Supporters that run our club and its players down do nothing to disprove the perception that we are an apathetic group who only follow the team when we're winning.

Again, this is another myth. Happens to all clubs, just on different scales. All clubs suffer dips in crowds when they have poor seasons, we're no different. We just have less supporters than most.

Not disagreeing with you that we shouldn't be disrespectful of our players and club (though we can be critical), but you seem to be insinuating that because of this we are a lesser club than others.

Again, this is another myth. Happens to all clubs, just on different scales. All clubs suffer dips in crowds when they have poor seasons, we're no different. We just have less supporters than most.

Not disagreeing with you that we shouldn't be disrespectful of our players and club (though we can be critical), but you seem to be insinuating that because of this we are a lesser club than others.

This couldn't be more further from the truth. The one thing I am saying is that some Melbourne supporters are renowned for putting the boots into their own and for being fair-weather. This needs to stop. And I know all clubs have these supporters. But for what ever reason, MFC is seen to have more of these types than other clubs. This is a perception that we can change.

What has being a dedicated supporter got to do with anything? Is no one allowed to criticise anything about the club. Wake up to reality S39. You can close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears all you want, but you know as well as 80% of the posters on here that Green should not be the leader of this club. Just because you give 10 years service to the club shouldn't give you automatic Captaincy.

Club culture starts with the supporters does it? If you choose to "support" this club tanking (playing players out of position or whatever it was called) and the mediocre performances the club dishes out to it's supporters then good for you. But I won't.
Remember this though. It's the supporters that make this club. We are the ones that turn up to the games and have to endure insipid efforts week in, week out, we are the ones that pay our hard earned for a membership only to watch our club get thrashed by 186 points.

Shit sorry if someones opinion differs to your rose coloured one S39, but i with a lot of other supporters that have an opinion are sick of seeing this clubs losing culture. By you supporting them when losing you are only promoting it more. It's about time these attitudes changed inside the club and i know that Neeld wont tolerate the bullshit that we have had to put up with many years as long as he gets the support he should.

If your not happy with what ive said S39, but you are more than welcome to lecture me at the B&F if you want.

Syrus, I respect everyone's opinion. But if you come on here and unfairly and unnecessarily rip in to my captain after him having one bad year after 11 at the club, then I'll defend him to the hilt.

If it makes you feel good demeaning Green the way that you did, then you go for it. I think it's pretty poor.

What has being a dedicated supporter got to do with anything? Is no one allowed to criticise anything about the club.

Cheap shots at the captain for his twitters isn't criticism.

As Neeld said: get onboard. You ask the players to toughen up, but can't do it yourself.

Weak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Neeld to coach.... thoughts??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back