Mark Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Would've preferred if we traded a 2nd rounder but nonetheless welcome Williams! He'll be the senior option down forward for us which what I was hoping we'd get out of trade week. If he can capture his form of 05/06 then I'll be very bloody happy.

So what exactly have we traded away? Is pick 16 all?

Anyone got some highlights of him?

FFS - look at what every club in the 8 is doing. They are getting out of the draft. They don't want picks.

What does that tell you about this draft ?
Hmm - lets see - maybe its crap this year after about pick 10.

No problem with Williams for 16.

We will get more good games out of Williams for 3 years than we would out of pick 16 for the next 10 years.

Agree....

If we have given port first round pick i am going to be pISSSSSSSSSSSSED OFF looks like i wont be getting a membership next year...:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Cool. Piss off. We don't want you.

Not sure I like that we gave up pick 16.

Though, everyone has been asking where the goals are goingto come form so if he can find some of his pre Buddy Roughead form, then we could have a gem. Even his form in the last couple has not been horrible, just became a third/fourth wheel.

Will reservr judgement, but maybe this will satisfy some of the whingers who sooked and moaned that we should have at least got a player for Lovett. Actually, no it won't. They will still go silly, lol.

Getting anything for Nash is a steal.

Damn, good player but also one of my most hated in the comp, strange feeling... Not sure how our forward line structure will look...

HF: Monfries, Gumbleton, McPhee
FF: Williams, Neagle, Davey

Who needs defensive pressure?

I guess Hurley's going to be a defender or signals the end of Neagles career.

If we have given port first round pick i am going to be pISSSSSSSSSSSSED OFF looks like i wont be getting a membership next year...:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

People like you are not true supporters.

Sure, I am pissed off with it, but I don't understand why people go on about not renewing their memberships.

One player will not **** the whole club up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can't believe we are getting that arrogant hack williams, and losing our number 16 pick that we traded one of our best players for. if this is true, that is serious BS. very poor form essendon.

Think of it this way, Lovett was going regardless, we could have gotten nothing for him, instead we have gotten Williams who has potential to kick 2-3 goals a game, we have gotten rid of Nash... WOOT! Kept all our original picks and picked up a couple more.
Why are people so pesso about this trade, I love it :) Also, who's to say our new president doesn't know inside knowledge about Williams??
Remember, he is a big game player too.

OK, I am Tasmanian, I never get to listen to SEN, I am listening online and if I hear that National Tiles.. Frank Walker... commercial once more I will flip out and kill 100's of people, rip the tiles off my roof and lactate battery acid.

I'm actually rather happy with that (or will be once it's confirmed we get pick 24).

Between Ian Robson and our doctors I assume that his Knee will be alright. We needed another forward option and we got one, without giving up that much (hopefully).

You can't enter a season with a forwardline devoid of any player to have kicked >25goals in a season.

Yes the kids will improve, and they'll get there. If Williams can return to anywhere near his best (Last years form would be good enough :rolleyes:), our team improves a fair bit.

it's brilliant. If he gets anything like back to what he was then we are going to have some fun. Sure beats some ****stick that nobody likes, who doesn't want to play for the red & black

The Bombers will be a formidable unit next year. Hurley CHF, Williams FF!
Throw in Neagle & Davey,Reimers. Maybe a Gumby. Exciting times ahead !!!!! :thumbsu:

Welcome to the Essendon FC Mark Williams!

Agree....

Over reaction.. Crawzy is that you again ? Bet you dont follow the Bombers. Dont come back ya hear...

I'm actually rather happy with that (or will be once it's confirmed we get pick 24).

Between Ian Robson and our doctors I assume that his Knee will be alright. We needed another forward option and we got one, without giving up that much (hopefully).

You can't enter a season with a forwardline devoid of any player to have kicked >25goals in a season.

Yes the kids will improve, and they'll get there. If Williams can return to anywhere near his best (Last years form would be good enough :rolleyes:), our team improves a fair bit.

But, but but we dont have pick 16 any more. He was going to be the next Joel Selwood.

I'm ripping up my membership and ringing SEN. :rolleyes:

Absolutely shattered about this. Gutted. I wore the number 6 to the 2008 granny- he and dewie won it for us.

For the sceptics- he has been in the shadow of roughy and buddy- before they were on the scene he was in the mix for the coleman 2 years in a row before injuries caught up with him. He was a shining light in the dark years 05/06- the day he kicked the winner against you guys in the wet was a ripper

Good luck, the boy can play, burgoyne would want to be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back