Marlon Motlops First Kick/goal In Sanfl [gun]video

Remove this Banner Ad

awesome, how the hell has he been in the 2's all year before this. Everyone was talking about how impressive he was pre season and since then I have hardly heard about him.

who the hell is 18 for the eagles? Terrible effort that, dead set gave up :thumbsdown:

Good goal though

I'm actually surprised Ken McGregor got that close. Unfortunately for your thread title John that was not Motlop's first kick/goal as North were kicking to the other end in the 1st quarter when he achieved that feat.

awesome, how the hell has he been in the 2's all year before this. Everyone was talking about how impressive he was pre season and since then I have hardly heard about him.

Jarman has been very slow to change the side because it was mainly some of the senior players that were struggling, but after the dismal effort against Norwood it was finally time to bite the bullet and shake up the side.

The supporters were calling for this a few weeks ago, although Marlon has been a bit inconsistent at times as well which didn't help his chances of a league game sooner.

Classic rover's goal with a bit of relish. Will we know what to do with him? ;)

Still waiting for the applause for Lonie's assist. :p

I can not believe that its his first goal on a debut...

He looks the "Goodes" to me.........If I was coach I would be be putting pen to paper and asking Marlon want he wants.

I would throw him in with the big boys because this chap can play, also with a cousin playing in the same team, he would feel at home straight away.

I saw three things in video clip;

1 skillful hands to grab the nugget
2 time to steady and look up
3 awareness of other players
4 to completely make two defenders look like backyarders
5 to kick the ball as if he was taking a snap shot at goal
6 when a player carries a ball like he did, it shows confidence and with that, class shows through.

Did I say three...........

Oh......btw....lets not forget Lonies great left foot kick he has that gives our forwards opportunities!

Looking at video, I saw players like Shaun Burgoyne, Andrew McLeod who have obviously influenced Marlon's playing style.

who the hell is 18 for the eagles? Terrible effort that, dead set gave up :thumbsdown:

Good goal though

That looked like Kenny Mac.... Looked like he assumed he would just kick it before cutting inside.

He looked a little like D Rod

Arrives at the right time to get the crumbs, shows good ball handling and evasion and a nice kick to finish. Pretty good effort. Doesn't look like he's got a huge turn of pace. Looks like he's going to be quite strongly built for his height. If he's got some grit and determination to go with the skills he could be an in and under midfielder maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would give him a run this week with ebert out, he could be a good goal sneak. i see him as eventually replacing p burgoynes position. hopefully he doesnt turn it over as much as peter does

We've got enough goal sneaks so I wouldn't bring him into that role until Gray has built up his fitness to the level where he can play a full midfield game.

give the guy a break - has played 1 league game and has kicked 1 goal of the day - let him play a few more games before 'putting' him in the Power squad.
He has plenty of time yet to get more experience in SANFL and bulk up.

give the guy a break - has played 1 league game and has kicked 1 goal of the day - let him play a few more games before 'putting' him in the Power squad.
He has plenty of time yet to get more experience in SANFL and bulk up.

I say throw him into the deep end.......I am sure that he will swim fine....its the only way they will learn......the quicker he learns playing with the best midfielders the sooner we can call him a gun player......

Remove this Banner Ad

Marlon Motlops First Kick/goal In Sanfl [gun]video

Remove this Banner Ad

Back