Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I just struggle to come around to Wilson being Cap without being a super soldier
In the preview he flies through a jet.

Must really moisturise that skin of his.

Daaaaamn.

thanks for posting that. Absolute scenes.

Holy shit.

Please don’t **** up Galactus. That’s epic.

youd think that he'd be the most powerful villain in the mcu. from my limited knowledge it seems so. so how does one defeat him? Hopefully we get to see the big G **** things up big time demonstrating his power.

thanks for posting that. Absolute scenes.

youd think that he'd be the most powerful villain in the mcu. from my limited knowledge it seems so. so how does one defeat him? Hopefully we get to see the big G **** things up big time demonstrating his power.

It depends on which storyline they would draw from. As expected with comic books it won’t always directly be adapted for live action given how gimmicky it can be. Gut feel is that it would be a combination of a commonly used theme such as Surfer turning on Galactus, combined with some tech from Reed Richards (the aptly named Ultimate Nullifier :D).

Can someone explain? Is this a variant version of Doom where Ironman looks like doom?

I’m no expert however I’ll try and add context.

Secret Wars is the jewell in the crown. Avengers 6. The longer the Marvel malaise has gone one my feeling is the more ridiculously epic that film is shaping up.

Battleworld is the new endgame. The culmination of the collapse of the multiverse from various incursions. Battleworld is a patchwork of the remaining fabrics and remnants of the universe.

My gut feel and I’m happy to be proven wrong on this. However my feeling on that is that we’ll see the likes of Maguire’s Spider-Man lead the Avengers in that. That level of cast they will go for IMO. Evans will be back. Cherry pick the best of all time Marvel live action characters to combine as multiversal Avengers.

However to get there they gotta get shit together and go all guns blazing in Avengers 5. That’s where RDJ comes in. Doom has been ridiculously under-utilised imo. He should’ve appeared by now. Ideally, had they known what would happen with Tenoch Huerta’s allegations, ideally Namor would’ve been replaced with Doom instead for Wakanda Forever.

Anyway, Doom must be set up properly first, and can see why they’ve gone back to the familiarity of the Russos and RDJ to make it happen.

Are Marvel all out of ideas?

I see alot of people are dissapointed that Cillian Murphy wasnt Doom. Obviously alot of people are gonna love this and I heard rumour a while back but thought it was bs. Not sure how this will turn out. I kinda wanted Secret wars to be a 2 parter. I guess it still may be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was almost a formality that Kang Dynasty wasn’t happening anymore with all the Majors shit last year. This is kinda a break glass in event of emergency move. Russo Brothers + RDJ.

I thought it was a prank at first.

I don’t think they can just pretend Loki, Quantumania etc didn’t happen so I wonder how they’ll tie up Kang. Might just have Doom kill him offscreen, Poochie the Wonderdog style.

I haven’t seen Deadpool 3 yet so if there are any hints in it don’t tell me.

I thought it was a prank at first.

I don’t think they can just pretend Loki, Quantumania etc didn’t happen so I wonder how they’ll tie up Kang. Might just have Doom kill him offscreen, Poochie the Wonderdog style.

I haven’t seen Deadpool 3 yet so if there are any hints in it don’t tell me.
1722153390783.png

1224505.gif

I’m not as well versed as some on here but this just seems yet another poor choice from Marvel. Doom could’ve been played by just about anyone, right? Going back to RDJ is just shockingly bad in my opinion.

Really curious to see what they do with the Kang storyline. It was in too many movies/shows to ignore it. Unless they go The Eternals route and just never mention it again.

Does Secret Wars still play into the multiverse storyline’s? I’d love to get back to something far more linear. Where actions that occur are actually meaningful (and in some cases, final).

Man, Im kinda excited more for the Russos really, feel they were the ones to really nail the formula.

With RDJ, if they go proper Doom we wont even see his face, at least for 95% of the time...
There’s no way he gets the mask treatment, you don’t cast RDJ then hide his face.

Personally I’m underwhelmed. It feels like pure fan service and I get it, names etc. but the original was really built off the characters not needing huge name actors. Cast someone fresh, even if it is a big name, make it someone we haven’t seen before.

I don’t HATE it but I don’t really get the orgasms people are having from it.

There’s no way he gets the mask treatment, you don’t cast RDJ then hide his face.

Personally I’m underwhelmed. It feels like pure fan service and I get it, names etc. but the original was really built off the characters not needing huge name actors. Cast someone fresh, even if it is a big name, make it someone we haven’t seen before.

I don’t HATE it but I don’t really get the orgasms people are having from it.
Either they have a plan and will do something clever with it, or it’s a desperate break-in-case-of-emergency move and it’ll go down in flames.

They’ve had at least a year to plan for it so hopefully it’s the former and it’ll work. I’m at least intrigued.

Like casting Vin Diesel and only have him utter "I am Groot" as a talking cgi tree? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back