Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

7cd664bf2273b92b9e16f22d1234da11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kraven the Hunter trailer just announced.
Since it’s ‘SONY’ does it count as MCU?

But just can’t help but laugh that Aaron Taylor-Johnson will turn up as Quicksilver Varaint somewhere. The MCU recast is hilarious at this point
No, its same universe as such flops as Mobius, Madame Web and Venom.

That whole post credits exchange with Venom seemed more so to introduce the symbiote to 616, not Venom/Tom Hardy himself. He came and went.

The Sony marvel universe is hard to get a gauge on what it’s leading to. That Morbius end credit stuff was bizarre.

That whole post credits exchange with Venom seemed more so to introduce the symbiote to 616, not Venom/Tom Hardy himself. He came and went.

The Sony marvel universe is hard to get a gauge on what it’s leading to. That Morbius end credit stuff was bizarre.
There’s a clip in the trailer for Venom 3 that hints at retconning the NWH post credits scene too.

I remember when the first Morbius trailer dropped and Keaton was in it which shocked everyone. It was pretty clear he was in the movie and not just post credits.

I think they filmed it while things were in flux with Marvel and hoped to have Holland join the Sonyverse, then had to do reshoots when they extended the deal.

They seem to have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Kraven the Hunter trailer just announced.
Since it’s ‘SONY’ does it count as MCU?

But just can’t help but laugh that Aaron Taylor-Johnson will turn up as Quicksilver Varaint somewhere. The MCU recast is hilarious at this point

aka The Recycle Universe haha

No, its same universe as such flops as Mobius, Madame Web and Venom.
ijust watched madame web. i am in pain

There’s a clip in the trailer for Venom 3 that hints at retconning the NWH post credits scene too.

I remember when the first Morbius trailer dropped and Keaton was in it which shocked everyone. It was pretty clear he was in the movie and not just post credits.

I think they filmed it while things were in flux with Marvel and hoped to have Holland join the Sonyverse, then had to do reshoots when they extended the deal.

They seem to have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Some similarities between this and the old DCEU. An entire film shelved (Batgirl) that heavily featured Keaton. And how many version of Batman were filmed for Aquaman 2 during reshoots and repositioning of the universe. And then the ultimate whammy, canning the proposed Batman Beyond film with Keaton. Damn. Would’ve loved to have seen that.

I don’t know where the Sony universe is leading towards. They’ve built out a lot of Spider-Man related characters without utilising Spider-Man himself. Clearly seems to be some limitations with their deals with Marvel in relation to Spider-Man/Tom Holland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some similarities between this and the old DCEU. An entire film shelved (Batgirl) that heavily featured Keaton. And how many version of Batman were filmed for Aquaman 2 during reshoots and repositioning of the universe. And then the ultimate whammy, canning the proposed Batman Beyond film with Keaton. Damn. Would’ve loved to have seen that.

I don’t know where the Sony universe is leading towards. They’ve built out a lot of Spider-Man related characters without utilising Spider-Man himself. Clearly seems to be some limitations with their deals with Marvel in relation to Spider-Man/Tom Holland.
They’ve hired Lord and Miller to try to save the furniture at Sony but I think if Kraven bombs they might just give it up.

Enjoyed D&W even though I got hit with a few cameo spoilers before I got to it.

It’s got enthusiasm back up for the MCU generally, but I think they’ll try to stick with old faithful from here. Suspect we’ll hear very little of the Marvels and Eternals.

Apparently they were within inches of calling it Deadpool & Friend but negative reaction sparked the title change, which just says what the film is rather than trying to be clever.

Can’t help but wonder how the Marvels might have gone if they’d just called it Captain Marvel 2 and kept the marketing focus on her rather than trying to make a thing of the two D+ characters. The first one was a billion dollar success and a direct sequel might have been easier to market.

Last edited:
I’m sure you meant to highlight Cap 1 as well. In fact, most highlighted, I’m sure

I mean, they did pretty well with what is typically seen as a kind of...weird origin story to nail in a cinematic way, I can agree to that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back