Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what a recruit dunolly has managed to pull off. maybe the worst kept secret going around but it should not only improve dunolly on the field but improve the standard of the league with players such as motlop coming in to it

Well done to dunolly on the new recruits, why do people bag them for going forward spending a bit but not as much as some? worried they will get beaten by them?? should now be a good year for them and the league as a whole, but the big question is....does this squeeze dunolly's favourtie son Chooka Burn out of the line up??:eek:

Well done to dunolly on the new recruits, why do people bag them for going forward spending a bit but not as much as some? worried they will get beaten by them?? should now be a good year for them and the league as a whole, but the big question is....does this squeeze dunolly's favourtie son Chooka Burn out of the line up??:eek:

oooh i dunno darkhorse, it couldnt be that easy could it?? haha:D:D

Looking at todays article in the paper, Dunolly are going to be no easy beats this year.

Before the announcment of this news i already had them in as one of the teams that will improve a lot, so with the addition of these guys i wouldn't be surprised with a top three finish.

From my point of view getting Shannon Motlop is fantastic for Dunolly and the MCDFL. Will be sure to create some interest throughout the year. Well done to all those involved on this one.

Dark horse that is a very good point u make bout chooka burns. at this stage of the year it would have to be said that the answer is no. he is fit n ready for round 1 providing he gets thru the next two practice matches against inglewood and lexton. Congratulations mustgo to Daniel n james mcnamee for the job that they r doing out at dunolly. mammoth effort by them 2 especially. the club will only get stroger n make the standard of fotty in the league even stronger

I just got off the phone with my NTFL contact and he has told me that Dunolly has also gained the services of wanderers no.1 starting midfielder Cameron Thyer.

What an effort to get him as i know there were quite a few clubs chasing him, but with James Mcnamees clamp like hands he has grabbed him by the scruff and got him down at the Eagles!

Good to see Sportsbet.com.au doing the odds for the MCDFL Flag this year.

Carisbrook 3.75
Avoca 4.00
Harcout 4.00
Dunolly 8.00
Talbot 8.00
Maldon 13.00
Maryborough Rovers 13.00
Newstead 21.00
Campbells Creek 26.00
Trentham 34.00
Royal Park 41.00

I'm sure this will generate discussion.

Carisbrook 3.75
Avoca 4.00
Harcout 4.00
Dunolly 8.00
Talbot 8.00
Maldon 13.00
Maryborough Rovers 13.00
Newstead 21.00
Campbells Creek 26.00
Trentham 34.00
Royal Park 41.00

Personally i don't think Harcourt will be that big a threat, and i reckon Newstead would be a big chance to climb that ladder a fair few positions. I also think Johhny would be hugely upset if those odds for Bushy were even remotely close.I also cant see Rovers being that far up in the odds as well as Maldon. But you are right JD it will cause some discussion.
icon12.gif

Personally i don't think Harcourt will be that big a threat, and i reckon Newstead would be a big chance to climb that ladder a fair few positions. I also think Johhny would be hugely upset if those odds for Bushy were even remotely close.I also cant see Rovers being that far up in the odds as well as Maldon. But you are right JD it will cause some discussion.
icon12.gif

well PP, i wouldn't be shattered with those odds at all for us to win the flag to be honest. but to have rovers, creek and trentham above us is a bit rank. but hey, we can only prove that this season coming.

Carisbrook 3.75
Avoca 4.00
Harcout 4.00
Dunolly 8.00
Talbot 8.00
Maldon 13.00
Maryborough Rovers 13.00
Newstead 21.00
Campbells Creek 26.00
Trentham 34.00
Royal Park 41.00

$100 on Dunolly at $8 could be a wise investment!

Did Carisbrook play Natte on the weekend? How did they go?

Shannon Motlop to Dunolly is massive if true! Be very interested to hear his reasons for going there! Will he be working in the district or what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Carisbrook play Natte on the weekend? How did they go?

Shannon Motlop to Dunolly is massive if true! Be very interested to hear his reasons for going there! Will he be working in the district or what?

Brook lost to Natte from what I heard but were missing 11 premiership players.

The Motlops run Wanderers. They coach the 1s, 2s and 3rds and shoulder the majority of the work. This arrangement will help them like it helps us as many of their recruits don't do the right thing by them. James stuck around for far longer than he indicated he would be able to and they were very grateful and want to repay him for that.

Like the majority of the people on this board, most of you would do a lot to benefit your home club. Shannon is the best person to get the southern alliance going. We'll see how it pans out this year. To have him round 1 under lights is something pretty special for the MCDFL.

He'll remain working in Darwin and he does travel to Melbourne 6 times for work in the winter for that so he will tie games into those trips.

Who did they play and who were the better players?
Dunolly smacked up Inglewood at Inglewood by 10 goals.
Better players for them were their kids in Lierich, Liddicoat, Mottram, Turner. All these kids are going to be ones to watch.
James Macnamee was pretty good Jeremy Sanders played well considering he hasnt played for a couple of years. That Burns bloke was pretty good as well.

Dunolly smacked up Inglewood at Inglewood by 10 goals.
Better players for them were their kids in Lierich, Liddicoat, Mottram, Turner. All these kids are going to be ones to watch.
James Macnamee was pretty good Jeremy Sanders played well considering he hasnt played for a couple of years. That Burns bloke was pretty good as well.

u would be disappointed at not winning by 30 goals, inglewood are terrible

Can anyone confirm the VCFL ruling that u/17 players are unable to play another match on the day if they have already participated in a junior match that round? This will surely affect alot of clubs across the state this year. Thoughts?

Can anyone confirm the VCFL ruling that u/17 players are unable to play another match on the day if they have already participated in a junior match that round? This will surely affect alot of clubs across the state this year. Thoughts?

Yes this is a rule that was intorduced at the last league meeting. Hard to see how it is good for country football. Will cause a few clubs quite a few issues i would think.

How are all the clubs looking at the moment?

Its looking like a big year in the MCDFL.

If that is true about the u17s the it is very much a backward step as a number of clubs will rely on kids doubling up, as well as the better kids getting a chance to pit themselves against senior footballers. It has been vital in the past for development of better kids as at times the u17s dont provide a challenge and footy can stagnate. In saying that it is important that clubs manage kids well and dont overburden them. A happy medium would be for u17s to be able to double up in say half of games played.

Any practice match results from last weekend?

Who is playing who this week?

Bushy have an intra-club match tonight which should be fun on Hedges! Never really played footy on concrete before! Then we got Illabrook at Smythesdale next wednesday night which should be a good hit out for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad