Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bushy VS creek game friday night could be game of the round 2 teams looking to improve on last year both with rebuilt lists. Big disapointment for whichever side gets beat

I am not too sure that a Royal Park v Creek match up would be the match of the round... There are some pretty evenly matched sides going at it this weekend but granted it should be a close one!! My tips for what they are worth:

Royal Park v Creek - Both teams have been rabbles of late, not too sure of the new names at Bushy but creek have picked up a few also and i would tip them just through my lack of knowledge of players out Maryborough way.

Harcourt v Rovers - Harcourt have lost a few key guys this year but still should have enough good players to be competitive and beat sides like Rovers

Newstead v Avoca - Should be a belter, but it pains me to say that Avoca might just have my old teams measure. It will be close and Newstead have the making of a pretty good side, but with a few injuries to key players look for them to improve as the season goes on, and Avoca will be there come September also

Talbot v Brook - this will be the match of the round (sorry kendoll). Talbot were very good in round one to hold off Newstead and Brook just got over the line against the much improved Dunolly last week... could go either way but i just have a feeling that Talbot out there at the "palacial surroundings" of the caravan park will take the points in a close one

Trentham v Maldon - Maldon are in a similar position as Harcourt and may drop off a little this year due to loss of players but will take care of the sides like Trentham with no trouble.

Well hope your team wins on the weekend :D

No way you could say Park v Creek is match of the round. Surely that has to go to Arch rivals Talbot v Brook. I think Newstead v Avoca will also be a cracker.

Royal Park v Creek - Park have to win this one on home soil. They have had a reasonably productive off-season and will be bitterly disappointed if they lose this game.

Harcourt v Rovers - Harcourt too strong for Rovers at Harcourt.

Newstead v Avoca - Danger game for Avoca with Newstead putting in a strong performance in round 1 and are always a better side at home. Avoca just.

Talbotv Brook - If Talbot are missing Bright and Millard as rumoured then I tip Brook. If Bright is in then I think Talbot might have the edge at home.

Trentham v Maldon - Maldon to be too strong.

How many more games will Motlop be playing Johnny Drama?? Obviously I haven't had a chance to see him play.. How did he go in the first two games?? Good guy to have around the club??

Royal Park v Creek - Park have to win this one on home soil. They have had a reasonably productive off-season and will be bitterly disappointed if they lose this game.

same tips as you this weekend Rich, and you're right, we will be very disappointed if we lose. we don't wanna fall back to our old ways with the preseason we've put in. good to have numbers on the track but they have to produce the goods. tomorrow night is our chance to get a win and some confidence in the game plan hopefully. yours truely will be sitting in the scoreboard at princess park watching the game with a few cans!

How many more games will Motlop be playing Johnny Drama?? Obviously I haven't had a chance to see him play.. How did he go in the first two games?? Good guy to have around the club??

He's enjoying it heaps down here and will probably play 6-8 more games and any finals should we make it.

It sounds like he might pull on the MCDFL rep jumper this year too which could be good. He's been very handy in both games and does a lot of little things that might not be noticed from the sidelines.

Very humble guy too:thumbsu:

No way you could say Park v Creek is match of the round. Surely that has to go to Arch rivals Talbot v Brook. I think Newstead v Avoca will also be a cracker.

Harcourt v Rovers - Harcourt too strong for Rovers at Harcourt.

Newstead v Avoca - Danger game for Avoca with Newstead putting in a strong performance in round 1 and are always a better side at home. Avoca just.

Talbotv Brook - If Talbot are missing Bright and Millard as rumoured then I tip Brook. If Bright is in then I think Talbot might have the edge at home.

Trentham v Maldon - Maldon to be too strong.

Royal Park v Creek - Bushy should win this i would think , wont be a heap in it all night but they should get up by 3-4 goals.

Harcourt v Rovers - Harcourt will be too strong and move the footy to quick for Rovers at home. Rovers will be fairly competitive still i believe. Harcourt by 5 goals maximum.

Newstead v Avoca - This should be a great contest, i do believe that Avoca will be to strong and skilled for Newstead however. Newstead are good at home and should be able to remain competitive for the 4 quarters. Avoca by 4-5 goals.

Talbotv Brook - This should be a ripping game with alot on the line for both teams. No matter where these two teams are on the ladder we both lift for this game. Brook are a great team and I reckon that we are on the rise. Talbot have some injuries to key players and some players unavailable but we have enough ppl in the sheds to cover these loses i believe. Im tipping Talbot by 3 goals.

Trentham v Maldon - Maldon to be too strong. Maldon by 100 points +

Royal Park v Creek - Bushy should win this i would think , wont be a heap in it all night but they should get up by 3-4 goals.

Harcourt v Rovers - Harcourt will be too strong and move the footy to quick for Rovers at home. Rovers will be fairly competitive still i believe. Harcourt by 5 goals maximum.

Newstead v Avoca - This should be a great contest, i do believe that Avoca will be to strong and skilled for Newstead however. Newstead are good at home and should be able to remain competitive for the 4 quarters. Avoca by 4-5 goals.

Talbotv Brook - This should be a ripping game with alot on the line for both teams. No matter where these two teams are on the ladder we both lift for this game. Brook are a great team and I reckon that we are on the rise. Talbot have some injuries to key players and some players unavailable but we have enough ppl in the sheds to cover these loses i believe. Im tipping Talbot by 3 goals.

Royal Park v Creek - Bushy would be bitterly disappointed to loose this match. If they do it is not looking too good for the black and yellow in 09'. Expect a close game with Creek not being overly disgraced in their first two outings. Bushy by 3 goals.

Harcourtv Rovers - I'm tipping upset of the round in this clash. Will be a very close game all day and I'm tipping the youth of Rovers to just get the points. Rovers by 3 points.

Newstead v Avoca - A great contest expected. Avoca still look too classy to me but Ramsey is the X-Factor. If he can fire and kick a big score Newstead may just get the points. But - Avoca by 2 goals.

Talbotv Brook - Game of the Round without a doubt. So much hype around the new look Talbot side but this is their test. Both sides have lost a couple due to injury but Carisbrook gain a couple of tough handy players in Robinson and Rowe. Close game. Carisrbook may just make it two 1 point victories in a row.

Trentham v Maldon - Maldon too strong. Maldon by 10 goals.

Royal Park Vs Creek - But it wouldnt surprise if Creek snuck home, they have played under lights before although they may be a bit thin on talent after their first 4 or 5 players.

Harcourt Vs Rovers- Harcourt if they can behave themselves and keep 18 on the paddock, have had players sent off and that hurts especially against a young side like Rovers who have picked up a couple of handy big men in the last couple of weeks to help out the kids

Newstead Vs Avoca - Wont be much in it but smaller ground and Newstead is a quick side with the inclusion of Starritt and the 2 Ford boys, Also have the OX factor and Ramsey up forward. Feilds adds some class to Avoca but if the are relying on Pilgrim to score then they might struggle as Jason baker keeps him pretty quiet.

Talbot Vs Brook- Watched Brook lat week and they were very rusty with their disposal and shots at goal otherwise the margin would have been 6 or 7 goals, they might be too big for Talbot if Bright doesnt play. Wont be a great deal in it but i think Brook might get home by 10 points.

Trentham Vs Maldon - Dont let last weeks result trick you. trenthams players come from Melbourne mostly and often get lost on the way to towns when they travel, but at home they should be a match for Maldon, who might not be as good as their results look. Plus they have to travel to Victorias Hot Spot which can send a chill down anyone spine. The saints bye a couple

Dunolly- Bye, the eagles will just get over the line in this one and get their first points for the year

well im guessing with bright out this will give a lot of bigger players (both 1s and 2s) a big chance to step up to take that so 2nd ruckman spot but to be honest from what ive seen of bright he aint all that people make him out to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well im guessing with bright out this will give a lot of bigger players (both 1s and 2s) a big chance to step up to take that so 2nd ruckman spot but to be honest from what ive seen of bright he aint all that people make him out to be

Under-rated player all over the league. He generally gives us first use and is pretty handy around the ground. Is still only relatively young at 22-23 too. We rate him very highly at Talbot.

Had A look at Avoca V Nestead yesterday, Steaders started well got out to a 7 goal lead early in the second. Then the staeders just stopped playing and Avoca ran over the top by about 5 goals in the end. Hard to pick best for the Steaders would Lachlan Ford never gave up. Avoca was a good team effot.

Saw the Avoca/Newstead game myself and saw Newstead burn at the start only to be let down by some silly turnovers and laziness to let Avoca back into the game. Would have to say that umpiring was puzzling at best although it probably didnt impact result except margin. If Newstead click for 4 quarters they will give all teams a run and they would have to look forward to the return of Scott Timmins and Danny Barker to supply some stability and clean ball handling. Must say that when given a sniff Avoca run well and create plenty of opportunities although their back line looks like it could be fragile under pressure

What are everyone's thoughts on the interleague squad?, any one stiff to miss out , or anyone in there you dont reckon should be ?

Personally im very excited about it all, i reckon its a great concept and something that should become an anual event. Getting to mix it with the best and see how they approach things and train will be very insightful.

What are everyone's thoughts on the interleague squad?, any one stiff to miss out , or anyone in there you dont reckon should be ?

Personally im very excited about it all, i reckon its a great concept and something that should become an anual event. Getting to mix it with the best and see how they approach things and train will be very insightful.

Squad is as follows.

Coach is Tony Bellenger

Asistant Coach’s/Selectors are Rick Taylor, James McNamee and Peter Egan.

Newstead

Mark Ramsey
Mark Oxley
Lachie Ford
Shaun Webster
Sam Kerr
Scott Timmins

Carisbrook

Nick Robinson
Keiran Robinson
Luke Tracey
Ben Kick
Nathan Wright
Xavier Long
Brad Carmody
Ash Robinson
Tom Wright
Lachie Hurse

Avoca

Adrian Pilgrim
Ash Grant
Julian Field
Chris Lakey
Tony Bellenger
Sam Kaye

Talbot

Tim Bright
Matthew Smith
Matthew Bond
Nathan Bond
Dean Watson
Ian Martin

Trentham

Jacob Pearce
Michael Wright
Matthew Anderson
Harley Dalgliesh

Maldon

Shaun Burchell
Christian Kelly
David Carroll
Craig Kelly
Marco Wijbenga
Pat Cummings

Dunolly

James McNamee
Tim Karpany
Shannon Motlop
Lachlan Liddicoat
Jeremy Sanders
Matt Brady
Ash Matz

Harcourt

Joel Smith
Josh Hutchinson
Reece Carmichael
Dayne Carmichael
Daniel Smith

Maryborough Rovers

Brendan Hedger
Dion Hedger
David Clark
Ramon Bramley
Brad Fraser

Royal Park

Justin Perry
Jay Anderson
Jason Brown

Campbells Creek

Geoff McLean
Matt Hodorus
Ryan Hughes

Bit hard to have anyone stiff to miss out when there's 60-odd players named in the squad.

Considering there's only one match gonna be some extensive trimming getting done, I'm assuming the list was expanding so because their expecting a fair few withdrawals due to 'injury'?

Bit hard to have anyone stiff to miss out when there's 60-odd players named in the squad.

Considering there's only one match gonna be some extensive trimming getting done, I'm assuming the list was expanding so because their expecting a fair few withdrawals due to 'injury'?

I would have thought most blokes selected in the squad would be keen to have a crack. I too thought 61 players is a fair sized squad but will make for great training sessions. The game is a month away so it gives all players selected the chance to try and cement a spot for themselves.
You are definitely going to get a minority who will want a week off to freshen up the body but I'd like to think that fit players would make themselves available.
It's not everyday as a player you get to represent the league and play with and against the best of your peers so I'm looking forward to seeing a top side picked. Some great footballers for the selectors to choose from there!

Thats a fair point thekid, was just trying to generate some discussion thats all.

Yeah it is a big list but it gives alot of players from different club a chance to prove themselves. I would also assume that some players wont play due to injury or would just rather the week off to rest.

Have lexton plains got a list up yet thekid?, how do u reckon the MCDFL will shape up compared to ur league.

Thats a fair point thekid, was just trying to generate some discussion thats all.

Yeah it is a big list but it gives alot of players from different club a chance to prove themselves. I would also assume that some players wont play due to injury or would just rather the week off to rest.

Have lexton plains got a list up yet thekid?, how do u reckon the MCDFL will shape up compared to ur league.

Great idea to get inter-league footy going again!

What was the process in selecting the initial squad??

Great idea to get inter-league footy going again!

What was the process in selecting the initial squad??

Being so early in the season and with so many new players... would have it been perhaps a good idea for the clubs to nominate their 6 best performed players thus far?? Seems a few new players from a few clubs have been overlooked, even though they have featured in the best regularly. Have the coaches/selectors chosen this squad?? In saying that, you will always get arguments and conjecture.

Great squad though and if most make themselves available they should acquit themselves very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad