Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on another thread and thought it might be good to create some chat and some bragging rights for later in the year. My tips are:

Seniors
Premiers - Avoca
Runners Up - Dunolly

Berry Powell Medal - Mark Oxley (Newstead)
Runner up - Matt Smith (Talbot)

Goal Kicking - Christain Kelly

Reserves
Premiers - Talbot
Runners Up - Carisbrook

Best n Fairest - ????? - Always a lottery! I will say Jeff Bux (Talbot) or Jason Hunt (Avoca

Goal Kicking - Matt Hull (Harcourt)

Under 17's
Premiers - Carisbrook
Runners Up - Talbot

I read on the website a couple of days ago that the Natte Bealiba joining the MCDFNL has raised its head again. Apparently Natte will be having a members vote in the coming weeks to decide where they want to go. The Major sticking point to joining our league being the lack of Under 12 Netball and Under 14s football in this league.

What are everyone's thoughts on them coming in?? Good for the league?? Can they continue to survive in the Ballarat dominated Lexton Plains league??

trentham are a young and improving side if u look at the seniors list they are playin young local kids and are rebuilding they will be playin finals in the next couple years

Saw this on another thread and thought it might be good to create some chat and some bragging rights for later in the year. My tips are:

Seniors
Premiers - Avoca
Runners Up - Dunolly

Berry Powell Medal - Mark Oxley (Newstead)
Runner up - Matt Smith (Talbot)

Goal Kicking - Christain Kelly

Reserves
Premiers - Talbot
Runners Up - Carisbrook

Best n Fairest - ????? - Always a lottery! I will say Jeff Bux (Talbot) or Jason Hunt (Avoca

Goal Kicking - Matt Hull (Harcourt)

Under 17's
Premiers - Carisbrook
Runners Up - Talbot

Are you counting out the Newstead reserves who have lost only the one game for the year? They have been travelling really well and I think will a major contender come finals.

Are you counting out the Newstead reserves who have lost only the one game for the year? They have been travelling really well and I think will a major contender come finals.

Not counting them out at all. Just think Talbot has that grade in the bag and Brook are always strong in the 2s at the business end of the year! Talbot will have a very, very strong side come finals with a good mix of experience and youth. Tough to beat.

Not counting them out at all. Just think Talbot has that grade in the bag and Brook are always strong in the 2s at the business end of the year! Talbot will have a very, very strong side come finals with a good mix of experience and youth. Tough to beat.
Talbots 2s have been found out at finals time before and alot will depend on how their seniors go and if they dont make finals it will certainly help 2s. I think that Newstead are a big chance in both seniors and reserves and actually think Avoca may struggle at finals time especially if Julian Fields is still struggling with apparent groin problems.

Talbots 2s have been found out at finals time before and alot will depend on how their seniors go and if they dont make finals it will certainly help 2s. I think that Newstead are a big chance in both seniors and reserves and actually think Avoca may struggle at finals time especially if Julian Fields is still struggling with apparent groin problems.

Wouldn't say they have been found out. Have fallen at the last hurdle a couple of times but haven't had as dominant year as this year for a while. They have finished 2nd-5th regularly but this year they are clearly the best side. Could get a few senior players back but not heaps. There are quite a few boys who haven't played consistently throughout the year that will be in that side in August. When you have quality experienced players like Bux, Martin, McGuire, Hind etc in your 2s side they will always be hard to beat come finals.

Our 1s wont make it but I'm pretty sure most are already over qualified so it will be generally a non-issue.

trentham are a young and improving side if u look at the seniors list they are playin young local kids and are rebuilding they will be playin finals in the next couple years

Unless they get a junior side up and running again that supply of local kids will run dry very quickly! I like your optimism but there is plenty of work to do up in spud country before they could even consider finals.

Flags won in july are they? Talk up your club at your own peril...lots of water to go under the bridge before finals, what happens if oxley or ramsey go down for newstead? is there the depth to cover them? field will be right he is smart enough in the management of his body throughout the year to be right, Talbot are a strong chance to win the 2's this year but it could be anyones game come finals.......

Flags won in july are they? Talk up your club at your own peril...lots of water to go under the bridge before finals, what happens if oxley or ramsey go down for newstead? is there the depth to cover them? field will be right he is smart enough in the management of his body throughout the year to be right, Talbot are a strong chance to win the 2's this year but it could be anyones game come finals.......

As I'm not involved with Talbot at the moment I can talk them up as much as I want. Something would have to go seriously wrong for them to lose the reserves grand final.... to much experience and too many good players!

The statement was that Newstead were a chance which they are and Field is definitely struggling with injury and if he gets through the final series fully fit it would certainly help Avoca's chances. Interesting that when Avoca were beating everyone all we heard was how good they were and they were next to certaintys to play in grand final. It is definitely an open race which could feature any 2 of 5 or 6 sides. Every side would be affected if major players got injured so that is a rridiculous statement to make about Newstead and no one else.

The statement was that Newstead were a chance which they are and Field is definitely struggling with injury and if he gets through the final series fully fit it would certainly help Avoca's chances. Interesting that when Avoca were beating everyone all we heard was how good they were and they were next to certaintys to play in grand final. It is definitely an open race which could feature any 2 of 5 or 6 sides. Every side would be affected if major players got injured so that is a rridiculous statement to make about Newstead and no one else.[/quote]
Ridiculous? so im not allowed to make a comment? boo hoo i didnt include anyone else sorry to talbot,dunolly,maldon and brook for not mentioning you as i have upset Frustrated by the sounds of it ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The statement was that Newstead were a chance which they are and Field is definitely struggling with injury and if he gets through the final series fully fit it would certainly help Avoca's chances. Interesting that when Avoca were beating everyone all we heard was how good they were and they were next to certaintys to play in grand final. It is definitely an open race which could feature any 2 of 5 or 6 sides. Every side would be affected if major players got injured so that is a rridiculous statement to make about Newstead and no one else.

How is Oxley going frustrated, i heard last time he done his back he was told to give footy up. I talked to a few of your players last sat and they were a bit worried his season might be over. Could you clear this talk up.

Julian is in no way injured or hurt, don't know were that come from. I don't think you heard any talk from Avoca people about our final chances, as stated before there's a long way to go yet, and anything could happen and probably will. We all know premierships aren't won in july, so no need to get to excited yet. Great win thou last sat.

How is Oxley going frustrated, i heard last time he done his back he was told to give footy up. I talked to a few of your players last sat and they were a bit worried his season might be over. Could you clear this talk up.

Julian is in no way injured or hurt, don't know were that come from. I don't think you heard any talk from Avoca people about our final chances, as stated before there's a long way to go yet, and anything could happen and probably will. We all know premierships aren't won in july, so no need to get to excited yet. Great win thou last sat.
Not that i know the full ins and outs at Newstead but i believe Oxley is ok but like alot of other senior citzs will probably need a rest at some stage. I question that fields is not injured when your coach states that he needs management to get through season on central vic footy site and he definitely looked proppy last week. He is a gun player though and as i stated is one of the most important players in the league.
Good luck to all sides this week in some important games this week with the Dunolly/Brook game a cracker that Dunolly should win if they have afull list and Avoca/Harcourt which should go to Avoca with their extra run

Not that i know the full ins and outs at Newstead but i believe Oxley is ok but like alot of other senior citzs will probably need a rest at some stage. I question that fields is not injured when your coach states that he needs management to get through season on central vic footy site and he definitely looked proppy last week. He is a gun player though and as i stated is one of the most important players in the league.
Good luck to all sides this week in some important games this week with the Dunolly/Brook game a cracker that Dunolly should win if they have afull list and Avoca/Harcourt which should go to Avoca with their extra run

I'm guessing you all ready know this frustated, but just because you read it doesn't make it true , coaches have been using the media for ever to tell pork pies. Some make an art form of it. Its all a bit of fun thou.

I'm guessing you all ready know this frustated, but just because you read it doesn't make it true , coaches have been using the media for ever to tell pork pies. Some make an art form of it. Its all a bit of fun thou.

Even if field was injured it wouldnt matter anyway IMO, the bloke has been carrying injuries for the last few season's according to Redan and he is still a gun who gets the job done when required to what extent is required. A bloke of his credentials will only thrive at finals time and let his actions do the talking.

Personally i too think Feild is under a cloud but he has been playing under this cloud for quiet some time and im sure a man of his experience knows how to manage his body and fine tune it for finals football. Injuries or no injuries he is still a gun and his 80% would be better than most others in the league.

As usual you have managed to murder the English language Sherman! Go Hawks for tomoz night too!

My tips this week:

Dunolly v Brook - I'm finally going to go for Dunolly so hopefully they dont disappoint me this week. The aura of Carisbrook has been smashed this year and they desperately need a fit and firing forward. Be handy if they could get Brad Ross fit. Dunolly is in scintilating form and should win at home. Dunolly by 24 points.

Harcourt v Avoca - Another danger game for Avoca. No one likes heading over to Harcourt at this time of year. The Lions play their ground well and have run into a bit of form. I expect Avoca to get up, but it may be a close one. Avoca by 24 points.

Royal Park v Maldon - Maldon are out of form and badly need a win. Bushy will have their tails up after a win last week. Bushy to get flogged. Maldon by 80 points.

Talbot v Creek - Talbot are in all sorts of trouble. They need to win well this week and gain some confidence before a tough run home. Talbot by 70 points if its wet, more if its not.

Trentham v Rovers - Unlucky to have to make the trip to Trentham in the middle of July for Rovers! Should be nice and chilly and no doubt the showers will be cold! Go Trentham.... but Rovers easily.

As usual you have managed to murder the English language Sherman! Go Hawks for tomoz night too!

My tips this week:

Dunolly v Brook - I'm finally going to go for Dunolly so hopefully they dont disappoint me this week. The aura of Carisbrook has been smashed this year and they desperately need a fit and firing forward. Be handy if they could get Brad Ross fit. Dunolly is in scintilating form and should win at home. Dunolly by 24 points.

Harcourt v Avoca - Another danger game for Avoca. No one likes heading over to Harcourt at this time of year. The Lions play their ground well and have run into a bit of form. I expect Avoca to get up, but it may be a close one. Avoca by 24 points.

Royal Park v Maldon - Maldon are out of form and badly need a win. Bushy will have their tails up after a win last week. Bushy to get flogged. Maldon by 80 points.

Talbot v Creek - Talbot are in all sorts of trouble. They need to win well this week and gain some confidence before a tough run home. Talbot by 70 points if its wet, more if its not.

Trentham v Rovers - Unlucky to have to make the trip to Trentham in the middle of July for Rovers! Should be nice and chilly and no doubt the showers will be cold! Go Trentham.... but Rovers easily.

Keep dreaming there ya pom!...I do agree with your tips though. GO PIES!

Hopefully they can keep them all.unfortunately with lack of recent success ,there will always be a large turnover of players.players just don't handle losing and tend to leave,thus leaving the club struggling year after year.
The most successful season in recent memory was when they 18 players had a fall out at Macedon and came out to play,along with half a dozen Kyneton players in the late 90s when Wally Flynn was coach.
unfortunately ,being a small town you cant field 3 sides with just locals so you have to recruit.
when you struggle on the field ,you take anyone you can get,which is fair enough.but some of the fella s that were asking for and receiving coin,weren't that good ,with a coupla exceptions.
they really do need to do what ever they can to get the under 17s up and running. thats the breeding ground for your senior club.
when i was there from in early 2000,we started the season with 7 players ,and loaned players from the oposition each week. by the half way mark of the year we had 14 and by the seasons end we had 23 players.
the key is getting it up and going,and giving the kids a chance to play footy,cause at the end of the day thats what its all about.
What ever doesn't kill ya makes ya stronga
Good luck for the rest of the season Saints

Even if field was injured it wouldnt matter anyway IMO, the bloke has been carrying injuries for the last few season's according to Redan and he is still a gun who gets the job done when required to what extent is required. A bloke of his credentials will only thrive at finals time and let his actions do the talking.

Personally i too think Feild is under a cloud but he has been playing under this cloud for quiet some time and im sure a man of his experience knows how to manage his body and fine tune it for finals football. Injuries or no injuries he is still a gun and his 80% would be better than most others in the league.

Just old age!

Some interesting results on the weekend are leading me to believe that the top 4 will not change from now untill the finals... If results go the way they should then we will see Avoca have the week off, Newstead and Dunolly should end up either second or third and play off a week after facing each other in a finals preview in round 18, Brook should finish fourth, but who will they play??

With Harcourt, Maldon and Talbot all on the same amount of wins (Harcourt playing Newstead this week and assuming they get beaten)... It would be fair to say that the winner of Maldon and Talbot would be in the box seat for fifth as it will give them a games leeway from their opponent??

Who do we think out of the 3 teams mentioned would cause the most headaches if they were to make the 5??

Smith 47 touches on the weekend, any truth to this, how did he not get in the best?

I think this kid is was to good for this league, wouldnt be hard for him to leave though i heard he isnt very commited to his home teams..........

Smith 47 touches on the weekend, any truth to this, how did he not get in the best?

I think this kid is was to good for this league, wouldnt be hard for him to leave though i heard he isnt very commited to his home teams..........

Bang , u are a fool an absolute fool..start taking some call at work and stop filling this thread with rubbish...Ignore this again everyone...

As for the footy talk fifth position is definately anyone's as stated , we (Talbot ) have to play both Maldon and Harcourt on the way home so the end result is really in our hands. I would like to think we are good enough to make it but we will only have ourself to blame if we dont for some below par performances throughout this season.

The top 3 teams this year are extremely strong but i believe the next 4 are very evenly matched and on their day can match it with the top 3. Will be a very interesting finals series once again, they seem to be getting better and more even each year.

So Sherman is Smith that makes sense,

I wish you would stop dismissing bad comments as if you know me,

I am mearly saying after 47 touches maybe you need to be given more credit.....

Maybe confidence is down after the stasse hit sherman i am not sure??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad