Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally i think Liam Mottram is very overrated. Coming from a soccer background he tends to play his footy in a very soft manner. This is just my opinion having seen him play 2 or 3 times this year. I think he leaves a lot to be desired and needs to work on his tackling and hardness desperately so it doesnt let him or the team down come finals time.

The kid is 17 and has only been playing for 2-3 season's now, i think you need to cut him some slack. He will learn his trade and turn out to be a pretty handy player IMO.

Look, someone will have to stop Liam Mottram. Has been on a rampage lately. He's bloody quick. Lakey would have to take him, personally.

On a serious note, the Pilgram V Ronke battle will be an interesting view point.

The game will be won or lost on defensive re-bounds. Both midfield and forward line are evenly matched.

Dunolly by 6points

i agree a tad soft but coming from juniors where he would have been a bigger kid coming into a senior level it will take time to develop to that next stage. wat about dunolly other younstars lierich, stiles, turner, cunningham how are they going.. i think that these kids might turn out ok if they develop to that stage..

but what a game mcnamee/stewart vs field/bellanger..
who will be able cut jezza saunders out of the game in blistering form, over the past 2 months and his kicked alot of goals.who will take him?
karpany out tho.
but i reckon ahmat and motlop will be back for this game.
dunolly by 11 points

A couple of massive games this weekend, and none bigger than the battle between first and second on the ladder Avoca and Dunolly... Both sides are in pretty good form, with Dunolly having won their past 11 or so in a row and Avoca only dropping one all season. Avoca have a great midfield with Bellenger and Field, but Dunolly seem to have firepower all over and may have the edge in size up forward, so i'm tipping the Eagles to draw level on wins come Saturday.

The other one to keep an eye on will be the Battle between Newstead and Talbot - The Stead started slowly last weekend but kicked into gear and ran out 100 point winners against Bushy, whereas Talbot had the bye but will be steaming after loosing to Rovers a fortnight ago!!! Putting it simply, if Newstead win they should keep their double chance come finals time, if Talbot win they will need to beat Harcourt in round 18 to make 5th... loose and they are GONE.

It will be interesting to see how both sides midfields go as they will both more lan likely be missing their number 1 ruckmen respectively in Oxley for Newstead and Bright for Talbot... Who will this favour?? Is it true Prickles Martin has been playing in the reserves to qualify for finals??

Newstead should win, they have a lot to loose if they drop this one and they will want to rectify loosing to Talbot by 4 points earlier in the year.

:D
A couple of massive games this weekend, and none bigger than the battle between first and second on the ladder Avoca and Dunolly... Both sides are in pretty good form, with Dunolly having won their past 11 or so in a row and Avoca only dropping one all season. Avoca have a great midfield with Bellenger and Field, but Dunolly seem to have firepower all over and may have the edge in size up forward, so i'm tipping the Eagles to draw level on wins come Saturday.

The other one to keep an eye on will be the Battle between Newstead and Talbot - The Stead started slowly last weekend but kicked into gear and ran out 100 point winners against Bushy, whereas Talbot had the bye but will be steaming after loosing to Rovers a fortnight ago!!! Putting it simply, if Newstead win they should keep their double chance come finals time, if Talbot win they will need to beat Harcourt in round 18 to make 5th... loose and they are GONE.

It will be interesting to see how both sides midfields go as they will both more lan likely be missing their number 1 ruckmen respectively in Oxley for Newstead and Bright for Talbot... Who will this favour?? Is it true Prickles Martin has been playing in the reserves to qualify for finals??

Newstead should win, they have a lot to loose if they drop this one and they will want to rectify loosing to Talbot by 4 points earlier in the year.

I hear that oxley is going to play, any truth to this????

If he does this is a massive risk for newsteads finals chances because if he re-injuries his back that would just about count them out. You would think all the talbot players would be driving the knees into his back as much as possible this week.

With the Avoca v Dunolly game i think Avoca by 20 points

If he does this is a massive risk for newsteads finals chances because if he re-injuries his back that would just about count them out. You would think all the talbot players would be driving the knees into his back as much as possible this week.

I think Oxley has been picked and would only play if he was it. I dont know that driving the knees into anyones back is part of footy these days and hopefully the umpires are strong enough in all games to ensure the best players are playing in the inals series. After watching the local news it appears Dunolly believe premiership is only between them and Avoca so the rest o the teams are just filling in time. Over cockiness has brought alot good sides down and i dont believe either Dunolly or Avoca are far ahead if at all from a number of other teams.

I think Oxley has been picked and would only play if he was it. I dont know that driving the knees into anyones back is part of footy these days and hopefully the umpires are strong enough in all games to ensure the best players are playing in the inals series. After watching the local news it appears Dunolly believe premiership is only between them and Avoca so the rest o the teams are just filling in time. Over cockiness has brought alot good sides down and i dont believe either Dunolly or Avoca are far ahead if at all from a number of other teams.

They never said that and I'm surprised anyone got that from the segment. In fact the one common theme said to WIN was that DFNC has taken every week of 2009 one at a time and never looked beyond the immediate challenge as any team from Rovers and up can cause upsets. How it is edited is completely up to WIN News and any talk about us and Avoca was squarely on tomorrow's game.

The outright premiership favourites comes from Sportsbet where we have moved into $2 which is the shortest. Right or wrong, that's where the bookmakers have it.

The whole rags to riches thing is beyond our control and we certainly don't feel like we've got anywhere near where we want to yet.

Pathetic comment there... and Talbot found out what happens when you play the man like they did yesterday, and it gets you nowhere!!! A lot of cheap shots dished out in yesterdays game, it was great to see the young Newstead side stand up to it and just continue to play the ball.

From an outsider point of view, Dunolly must be the side to beat now, couple of real handy pick ups mid-season, and I'm sure every1 agrees, it's great to see such an open competition, with the finals 2 weeks away, and all 5 sides a legitimate chance....how is marty kelly going for dunolly, my mail is that he is a gun, and will be better for the run coming into finals..

who we thinking dats gunna win the barry powell medal this year?

You would have to think James McNamee would have to be up there
Ethan Ford maybe
Also possibly Matt Bond, seeems to get in the best most weeks , not sure how well he will poll tho

trenthams a great club to be around and alot of riendly ppl and it must be hard for the coaches comin in from very succesful clubs and they have alot of fight from a yound club they'll fight and i bet if u ask there oppenents it wasnt an easy win even kno wt the scoreboard says and jacob pierce is a great young player and good leader with support from the vice captains and they do have some great youngster its just a matter of makin them stick around

what does this mean when translated to english ?

ethan ford has had a stellar season so far and is goin to be very dangerous in the finals campaign,and also think that the big ox will give it a fair crack to.kelly,bond and pilgs will also poll well since they are the 3 top goal kickers for the league.will be very interesting night..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The quiet moneys on the that young lad of mcnamee. Really is on the high horse atm dishing off dont argues 'lance like'. It'd be rude to discount dunollys favourite son c. burn as well, since his mid year crisis craig has found a rich vein of form and come september i feel the big stage and the bright lights will suit burn down to a tee. Burn for berry :cool:

Newstead home aginst dunolly?
thoughts?
Should be a great game with Dunolly fighting for top and Newstead for 3rd. If Dunolly have a full list they will start favourites but it will be tight and Newstead have a good chance to win. In a loyal upset Newstead by 7points. Another good game will be Brook and Avoca with Avocas on ball brigade probably the difference. Avoca by 24

if the league was to have a team of the year who would you include in it

B: Kick Ramsey Fraser
HB: Treacy Grant Hutchinson
C: Bellenger McNamee Burchell
HF: Motlop Sanders Bond
F: Pilgram Kelly Reece
R: Oxley Field E. Ford
INT: Kaye M. Smith McMurtrie Kerr

Thoughts on this team of the year??

Well what about Liam Mottram? You've put young slow Tom Reece in..Liam is a bloody good player you must remember

Not a bad team, few changes id make though.

B: Ronke Ramsay Fraser
HB:Motlop Grant Kick
C: M Smith Bellenger Burchell
HF:M Bond Sanders Treacy
F : Pilgrim Kelly MacNamee
R : D Hedger Field E.Ford
INT: Oxley Cummings N.Bond Clarke

Not a bad team, few changes id make though.

B: Ronke Ramsay Fraser
HB:Motlop Grant Kick
C: M Smith Bellenger Burchell
HF:M Bond Sanders Treacy
F : Pilgrim Kelly MacNamee
R : D Hedger Field E.Ford
INT: Oxley Cummings N.Bond Clarke

Oxley on the pine... you're kidding yourself if you think Hedger before one of the favourites for the league B&F and best big man in the comp!!!!

I'd have Hutchison ahead of Motlop too... sure he's a gun and ex AFL but he's played only a few games and hardly set the world on fire really.

Tommy Reece as the best small forward has to get in the side too, ahead of Bond (not the forward the other one)

I'd also try get Lachy Hurse in the side from Brook - He's a good player and seems to be one of their best this season as a backman.

B: Ronke Ramsay Kerr
HB:Hurse Grant Kick
C: Hutchison Bellenger Burchell
HF:M Bond Pilgrim Treacy
F : Sanders Kelly Reece
R : Oxley Field E.Ford
INT: Hedger Karpany McNamee Clarke

Try that on.

spot on there champ you would be crazy not to have the big ox in the side as he would be firm fav for the berry powell medal,and do you think that this sort 'team of the year' be presented at the b & f night cos i do no a lot of leagues that do it and they get some kind of momento on the night showing this,any thoughts would be a great honour

Oxley on the pine... you're kidding yourself if you think Hedger before one of the favourites for the league B&F and best big man in the comp!!!!

I'd have Hutchison ahead of Motlop too... sure he's a gun and ex AFL but he's played only a few games and hardly set the world on fire really.

Tommy Reece as the best small forward has to get in the side too, ahead of Bond (not the forward the other one)

I'd also try get Lachy Hurse in the side from Brook - He's a good player and seems to be one of their best this season as a backman.

B: Ronke Ramsay Kerr
HB:Hurse Grant Kick
C: Hutchison Bellenger Burchell
HF:M Bond Pilgrim Treacy
F : Sanders Kelly Reece
R : Oxley Field E.Ford
INT: Hedger Karpany McNamee Clarke

Try that on.

Just my opinion mate, sure oxley is good in the ruck because of sheer size and can take a pack mark, but hedger has great mobility and a fantastic skill level, he is a very athletic big man with a great set of hands and plays like an extra midfielder, he deserves the run.

Oxley is a very good player for sure, but he cant kick anymore and he is slow around the ground because of his aging body, any team with a mobile ruckmen can easily expose his mobility and run off him.

Personally i prefer a quicker team (why i picked hedger) with good ball carriers but you also need those stronger bodies in the to feed the ball out, eg field and bellenger.

Obviously ur a newstead man so u have loaded up on ur boys but c'mon sam kerr, yes he was good against us on the weekend but not for me sorry.

How can you have macnamee on the bench?...i think your a man who has a grudge on certain players...As you stated Ox is a favourite for B and F so needs to be starting ,then how can macnamee not be starting he is sure to poll some votes..

I respect your view though as these sorts of topics will always create differences of opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad