Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is the poor player that has given his all in the 2 finals that Ahamat didnt play, including the Prelim that got dropped?

Not entirely sure whom it was who missed out but Ahamat played a terrible game, never looked right from the word go, showing signs of an injury to the foot/leg from the very start. Kicking i think 6 points straight lost the game for the Eagles in my opinion

Also on a lighter note having both the field umpires in the Under 17's being younger than most of the players out on the field, Was an utter disgrace. They must of been 14-15 at the most. ITS A GRAND FINAL FOR GODS SAKE

Not entirely sure whom it was who missed out but Ahamat played a terrible game, never looked right from the word go, showing signs of an injury to the foot/leg from the very start. Kicking i think 6 points straight lost the game for the Eagles in my opinion

Also on a lighter note having both the field umpires in the Under 17's being younger than most of the players out on the field, Was an utter disgrace. They must of been 14-15 at the most. ITS A GRAND FINAL FOR GODS SAKE
I agree fully with the comment about u17 umpires it was a disgrace that 2 kids are expected to control a game, followed up with 2 clowns umpiring reserves. Umpiring is a real problem that needs to be dealt with for the future.
Well done to the Newstead Seniors on a committed team effort. Motlop was great for Dunolly and it was Liam Mottram(good young kid), that missed out for Ahmat who has never looked committed for the team.
As for Avoca my final comment for season is that they have highly paid players who dont perform in the big games and that is a fact.

I agree fully with the comment about u17 umpires it was a disgrace that 2 kids are expected to control a game, followed up with 2 clowns umpiring reserves. Umpiring is a real problem that needs to be dealt with for the future.
Well done to the Newstead Seniors on a committed team effort. Motlop was great for Dunolly and it was Liam Mottram(good young kid), that missed out for Ahmat who has never looked committed for the team.
As for Avoca my final comment for season is that they have highly paid players who dont perform in the big games and that is a fact.
How much do you conider as highly paid? There is a great misconception around payments at Avoca. I am assuming that I am possibly one of the so called highly paid players and I can tell you that a certain back pocket player from Talbot was getting at least three times as much as me. As for Avoca they do need to go out get themslves another key position player as we saw Friday night key forwards are invaluable. Congratulations to big Ox and the Newstead boys Massive win with a massive gate today.

As for Avoca my final comment for season is that they have highly paid players who dont perform in the big games and that is a fact.[/quote]
Well done Newstead, clearly the best side after round 4 and a well deserved premiership, feel for the young guy from dunolly when his replacement does a string in the 3rd qtr.
Fair point you make about the players not performing, it is a fair reason as to why avoca went out in straight sets, why dont you name them and their price?

How much do you conider as highly paid? There is a great misconception around payments at Avoca. I am assuming that I am possibly one of the so called highly paid players and I can tell you that a certain back pocket player from Talbot was getting at least three times as much as me. As for Avoca they do need to go out get themslves another key position player as we saw Friday night key forwards are invaluable. Congratulations to big Ox and the Newstead boys Massive win with a massive gate today.

So how did you play in the finals mate?

Congrats to the Steaders on their win!

Also a big congratulations to the Talbot reserves on securing the 09 flag. Plenty of older blokes in that side that have been battling away for a while and thoroughly deserve the win!

Kicking like that didnt help, he did get one early in the game when he took a cheap handball from a free kick and then did a very ordinary impersination of an plane, but at the other end of the ground Nathan Webster kicked 7 stright points when he would normally kick 4 or 5 goals so it evened out.

I think the difference between the 2 sides in the end was the Newsteads bottom 5 or 6 players were better than Dunolly's.
Dunolly didnt seem to have anyone that could contest with Liam Bright up forward, Ethan ford and Lachy Ford through the midfield and the backline was superb.
It was a great game though and well done to all sides.

Every side has players that get paid and anyone who thinks they dont is kidding themselves. I think what frustrated was trying to say is that its fine to pay the players but you need to ensure that the right ones are getting their share, not ones that will let you down when you need them. As for who is getting what, who cares, its up to each individual club to pay what they can afford, But if some of the figures thrown around this year are true there might be a few clubs that struggle next year.

It was Joe Thompson that missed out. Played all season, played one final but reoccuring hamstring injury and wasn't 100% right. Good young player and a force to reckon with in season 2010.

Closest Grand Final since 1988.

Departures for next year?? Will the Ox go around again?

But what about liam?

It was Joe Thompson that missed out. Played all season, played one final but reoccuring hamstring injury and wasn't 100% right. Good young player and a force to reckon with in season 2010.

Closest Grand Final since 1988.

Departures for next year?? Will the Ox go around again?

But what about liam?

Bit early to talk about departures. Joe was 100% fit, however the coaches decided upon bring in experienced players in ahmat and gibbs.

Kicking like that didnt help, he did get one early in the game when he took a cheap handball from a free kick and then did a very ordinary impersination of an plane, but at the other end of the ground Nathan Webster kicked 7 stright points when he would normally kick 4 or 5 goals so it evened out.

I think the difference between the 2 sides in the end was the Newsteads bottom 5 or 6 players were better than Dunolly's.
Dunolly didnt seem to have anyone that could contest with Liam Bright up forward, Ethan ford and Lachy Ford through the midfield and the backline was superb.
It was a great game though and well done to all sides.

Dunolly just seemed to fall away at the end of the 1st,2nd and 3rd quarters. They hardly used there bench which i think resulted in there mids getting tired at the end of each quarter and allowing newstead a couple of cheap goals, with D McNamee, Mottram and Edwards all gettin less than half a game

Congratulations to Newstead on a fantastic finals campaign and well deserved win on Sunday. Word from the stead is that oxley is going around again if Ethan Ford (B&F winner) and Sam Kerr (BOG GF) commit to 2010. If this is the case I think the Stead may be a force again next year with such a young list and Danny Christmas coming back from Castlemaine!

As for the GF what a great spectacle and reflection of the outstanding quality of football that is being played within the MCDFNL. Contrary to popular beflief I do not think the NT boys are on as much as people say and having played against them this season, I congratulate them on what they have brought to this league.
Newsteads backline is definitely better than 8/10, as it conceded the least amount of points throughout the season and backed this up with an amazing finals series, repelling many attacking moves especially from some very highly skilled Dunnolly players.

As for BOG in the GF i agree that S Motlop was best but his teams inability to produce made him stand out. Newstead had many contributers from all areas of the ground which has been the key to their success all year and proves that you need 22 players to win a PREMIERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!

GO STEADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to Newstead on a fantastic finals campaign and well deserved win on Sunday. Word from the stead is that oxley is going around again if Ethan Ford (B&F winner) and Sam Kerr (BOG GF) commit to 2010. If this is the case I think the Stead may be a force again next year with such a young list and Danny Christmas coming back from Castlemaine!

As for the GF what a great spectacle and reflection of the outstanding quality of football that is being played within the MCDFNL. Contrary to popular beflief I do not think the NT boys are on as much as people say and having played against them this season, I congratulate them on what they have brought to this league.
Newsteads backline is definitely better than 8/10, as it conceded the least amount of points throughout the season and backed this up with an amazing finals series, repelling many attacking moves especially from some very highly skilled Dunnolly players.

As for BOG in the GF i agree that S Motlop was best but his teams inability to produce made him stand out. Newstead had many contributers from all areas of the ground which has been the key to their success all year and proves that you need 22 players to win a PREMIERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!

Danny would be a little disappointed to miss the Newstead flag wouldn't he??? Hopefully you boys can give him another shot at it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ford and Kerr have already committed to next season and Ox will go around again, hopefully there arent too mant departures but its a long time till we start again.
Christmas will be handy if he comes back.
Shannon was best and showed why he played in an AFL premiership.

Newsteads backline has been underated all year except by those who look at them week in week out.
But I think the eveness of the team overall is what has been most impressive all year. 2 Webster boys, Tommy Reece, Brighty, Danny Barker, Josh Barker all would be good players in any side in the league then you add in Starritt, Barkla, 2 Fords, Jas Baker, Andy Lovett and the 2 under 17 boys. So you can see its more than Ox thats important to the side.
Well done to the boys on their performance as well as some best on bar performances over the past couple of days by Ethan Ford, Sam Kerr and special mentions to the Browns, Barkers and Websters.

Ford and Kerr have already committed to next season and Ox will go around again, hopefully there arent too mant departures but its a long time till we start again.
Christmas will be handy if he comes back.
Shannon was best and showed why he played in an AFL premiership.

Newsteads backline has been underated all year except by those who look at them week in week out.
But I think the eveness of the team overall is what has been most impressive all year. 2 Webster boys, Tommy Reece, Brighty, Danny Barker, Josh Barker all would be good players in any side in the league then you add in Starritt, Barkla, 2 Fords, Jas Baker, Andy Lovett and the 2 under 17 boys. So you can see its more than Ox thats important to the side.
Well done to the boys on their performance as well as some best on bar performances over the past couple of days by Ethan Ford, Sam Kerr and special mentions to the Browns, Barkers and Websters.

It was a great win by the STEADERS on the weekend - It has been a great team performance from the young side, and with Ox the oldest at 32 the future looks bright.

The majority of players are local other than the couple travelling from Melbourne (Barkla, Starrit, N Brown, Webster and Timmins) so if they can keep those coming back along with targetting maybe Daniel Christmas and James O'Brien then they will be very tough to beat next year.

The Dunolly boys must have wound things up pretty quick, the Newstead boys went to have a beer with them yesterday only to find the 2 local bar flies in the pub... where was everyone?

Will also be interesting to see how many of the guys flying in for Dunolly go around again in 2010.

i thought i might have a crack at an under 17's team of the year side...

anyone else wanna have a crack and put it up on here!?

heres mine...

B- P. Turner P. Ruggles D. Gatti
HB- J. Bastin J. Bowen M. McArdle
C- J. Gilboy N. Wright K. Winstanley
HF- J. Hood N. Coghlan B. McRedmond
F- D. Burns K. Russell N. Barker
Rucks- D. Mclean M. Culvenor M. Etherton
Interchange- N. Harnetty, D. Wittingslow, C. Hepburn, B. Weatherson

feel free to have a crack yourself, or tell me if i left someone out.

Christmas and Conn!!!

well guys what a year and wat a grand final. newstead premiers for 09 and well deserved to.congrats to all the stead boys and commitee down there after a couple big losses from 04 and 06 grand finals and i no that the couple of local boys who played in them were over welmed by the win on sunday.whats does everybody think about motlop getting best on?i think that either of the fords or starit would of got it.

any news from the dunoly camp after the weekend are the james and jez staying on and are the boys from nt coming back next year?

just a few questions for you guys
most disappointing team of the year?
the team you were most surprised with for the year?
top five players of the year?
coach of the year?

well guys what a year and wat a grand final. newstead premiers for 09 and well deserved to.congrats to all the stead boys and commitee down there after a couple big losses from 04 and 06 grand finals and i no that the couple of local boys who played in them were over welmed by the win on sunday.whats does everybody think about motlop getting best on?i think that either of the fords or starit would of got it.

any news from the dunoly camp after the weekend are the james and jez staying on and are the boys from nt coming back next year?

just a few questions for you guys
?

I'm sure that if the people giving the best on votes for the game would reconsider after seeing the game on dvd... Lachy Ford was dominant all over the ground and Starritt had 30+ touches for sure!!!

Have heard that Christmas and O'Brien were thinking of returning next season, but have not heard of Conn coming back - Not sure he would be of much benifit as he has dodgey knees and has a bit of the old "Tarzan/Jane" about him!!

most disappointing team of the year - Talbot or Avoca. Talbot had a lot of hype pre season and were spruiking pretty hard about all of these recruits but gave very little with the likes of Martin etc playing 2's instead, and Avoca for such a good regular season to turn around and go straight sets would have been very dissappointing
the team you were most surprised with for the year - Not too many would have had the two grand finalists playing off at the start of the year?? Brook also played very unlike they have in the past, rolling over a couple of times.
top five players of the year - Oxley, MacNamee, Field, Ethan Ford, and Motlop for what he brought to the league, exposure, etc.
coach of the year - 2nd year at the club, with majority of locals, and a premiership would see Rick "ROB" Taylor taking it i'd say.

I'm sure that if the people giving the best on votes for the game would reconsider after seeing the game on dvd... Lachy Ford was dominant all over the ground and Starritt had 30+ touches for sure!!!

Have heard that Christmas and O'Brien were thinking of returning next season, but have not heard of Conn coming back - Not sure he would be of much benifit as he has dodgey knees and has a bit of the old "Tarzan/Jane" about him!!

most disappointing team of the year - Talbot or Avoca. Talbot had a lot of hype pre season and were spruiking pretty hard about all of these recruits but gave very little with the likes of Martin etc playing 2's instead, and Avoca for such a good regular season to turn around and go straight sets would have been very dissappointing
the team you were most surprised with for the year - Not too many would have had the two grand finalists playing off at the start of the year?? Brook also played very unlike they have in the past, rolling over a couple of times.
top five players of the year - Oxley, MacNamee, Field, Ethan Ford, and Motlop for what he brought to the league, exposure, etc.
coach of the year - 2nd year at the club, with majority of locals, and a premiership would see Rick "ROB" Taylor taking it i'd say.

Agree with your wrap up there, spot on with the dissapointing sides would J-Mac also be coach of the year? Also would christian kelly make the top 5 players?? kicked the ton in a side that didn't make the finals fair effort, with the influx of Castelmaine players(Christmas,O'Brien,Conn etc) coming to Newstead next season are we going to see a dynasty form like a Calivil or Horsham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad