Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made all those conclusions from watching just one game? Maybe watch a few more before you call for an overhaul and all the clubs to make a stand.

The goal umpires are volunteers and supplied by the club. Generally the boundary umpires are the same. Umpire participation levels are at a low point as most people don't really need or want the stress of players and supporters verbally abusing them every Saturday.

By the way, it is 'Umpire Appreciation Week' in the MCDFL.

until the mcdfl take steps to fix the umpire problem then the league can never be taken seriously.
i have watched numerous games and have seen blatant acts of cheating from the goal umpires , this is fact and im sure many out there have seen the same.
about time those who runs this quaint little comp get off their backsides and do anything in their power to attract umpires

until the mcdfl take steps to fix the umpire problem then the league can never be taken seriously.
i have watched numerous games and have seen blatant acts of cheating from the goal umpires , this is fact and im sure many out there have seen the same.
about time those who runs this quaint little comp get off their backsides and do anything in their power to attract umpires

Gee some of you blokes are heroes potting the umpires and the league administrators on here.

I doubt either of you 3-4 posters who bagged the umps etc have the brain power to have ever been involved in football administration so you wont appreciate how difficult it is to attract numbers to the umpiring fraternity, let alone quality of umpiring. Its not just this leagues problem either.

The league has been working hard with the umpires group to work together and attract as many umpires as they can. Its a difficult process and there is no black and white solution. If you have any suggestions call Troy and the boys, contact details are on the website. As for club umpires, that is the clubs responsibility to ensure they get decent people out there. Very few games are truly decided by umpiring decisions, the best side will win 99% of the time.

Anyone at Trentham want to congratulate Creek for the win? There are always plenty of Creek bashers out there but good on them for getting up after poor pre-season form. Good to see Trentham turning on their own after round 1, not much has changed by the looks. How bout you man up, take the loss on the chin and actually rally around each other and concentrate on getting the first win on the board rather than looking for excuses inside and outside of your club.

Disappointing result for Bushy. All credit to Newstead, plenty of local, young talent in that side and they are getting the results.

Be good to see a full round of matches next weekend and I reckon that game under lights could be a beauty. Both have young, talented lists and will be a good showcase for the league.

I see you post in the RDFL and BFL forums. 2 leagues around a large population base. I'm sure that helps with umpire numbers and the quality of umpires like it does with the standard of football played.

The MCDFL is reliant on volunteers and these 'interested onlookers' who are bagging the comp can take their admission fee elsewhere. Knock the MCDFL all you like but the people who compete in it seem pretty happy with the comp.

Am I going out on a limb to say the real issue here is that Trentham lost to a team they probably thought was a sure win with their recruiting efforts?

Hey Spurt , the umpiring fraternity are always on the lookout for experts like yourself who obviously could do a much better job than everyone else so I say go for it Son! Get yourself a whistle and we all look forward to seeing you grace the field with your immense umpiring talent and knowledge! No mistakes guaranteed I am sure ! Until then , maybe go a bit easier on the people who do a pretty good job overall each week hey?

Wrong johnny drama, i couldnt care less if trentham lost.
The umpiring in the mcdfl is below par and many know it.
Mate , I don't know which club you support but I have seen the type of warrior you are before. You go to the footy , whether to play or watch , drink cans and bag everyone in general whether they are players , umpires or administrators but usually do jack yourself to make your club or the league itself a better place from week to week. Your comments on umpiring are insignificant and say much more about yourself than the league's standard. Prove me wrong Spurt and fellow umpire bashers. Tell us how you make the league a better place?

:confused:unc johnnie .... how did hedges oval hold up after mcdfl footy saturdy and then bfl marborough v the main sunday
and what sort of a crowd did they get sunday to watch brownie slot 6 snag rolls 4 the Pies

:confused:unc johnnie .... how did hedges oval hold up after mcdfl footy saturdy and then bfl marborough v the main sunday
and what sort of a crowd did they get sunday to watch brownie slot 6 snag rolls 4 the Pies

Razor, I didn't make it up on Sunday due to work, but I was told by a Maryborough committee person that they had about a $2500 gate, and my old man said he hadn't seen that many cars since god knows when. Was a great weekend for us as a big money maker.

What is par for MCDFL anyway?

probably just a step above auskick would be par wouldnt you say ?

Honestly it is pretty hard to cheat as a goal umpire and I've hardly seen any of these 'blatant attacks' by goal umpires.

so you have seen it also , dont kid your self johnny and say it doesnt happen as it does, and the only way to stop it would be to RECRUIT more umpires

so you have seen it also , dont kid your self johnny and say it doesnt happen as it does, and the only way to stop it would be to RECRUIT more umpires

So is this you putting your hand up spurt?? Can't wait to see you don some whites, or oranges as it is now, and a whistle

Mate , I don't know which club you support but I have seen the type of warrior you are before. You go to the footy , whether to play or watch , drink cans and bag everyone in general whether they are players , umpires or administrators but usually do jack yourself to make your club or the league itself a better place from week to week. Your comments on umpiring are insignificant and say much more about yourself than the league's standard. Prove me wrong Spurt and fellow umpire bashers. Tell us how you make the league a better place?

wrong on many accounts there blue balls.
if there is a problem yes i will definately give my opinion as im more than entitled to do so.
why is it fine for people to get on here and pick players to pieces(they do this wrong they do that wrong , there soft, they cant kick, there not worth the money they are getting) and the second someone says one thing about the sorry state of umpiring in your league all big footy angels jump on board and carry on like some one has died.

those who are out there umpiring are doing the best they can , no doubt about it, some will be better than others as is the same in any league, but this is a problem that has been around for a very long time and nothing has been done about it, its not like it has just happened this year.

so the sad story of the admin are doing their best to fix the problem just doesnt cut it for me.
if they were fair dinkum they would make it happen, some times you have to think out side the square and do things a little different to the same old thing as usual.

every league has problems recruiting umpires your little comp is by no means any exception to the norm.
those who do have worked ways around it, but the good old stale admin of the mcdfl what have they done ??
are kids running the boundary a good advertisement for the league ?
are old one eyed supporters from each side goal umpiring a good look?
NO NO NO

so pull your head in and relise that there are always problems around and no be so blind and biase to your comp to admit so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Spurt , the umpiring fraternity are always on the lookout for experts like yourself who obviously could do a much better job than everyone else so I say go for it Son! Get yourself a whistle and we all look forward to seeing you grace the field with your immense umpiring talent and knowledge! No mistakes guaranteed I am sure ! Until then , maybe go a bit easier on the people who do a pretty good job overall each week hey?

why dont you get off your hail bailing , bundy drinking extra large behind and join the board of the mcdfl and get the ball rolling and start fixing the shortage of umpires that you have experienced for ten plus years !

so you have seen it also , dont kid your self johnny and say it doesnt happen as it does, and the only way it would be to RECRUIT more umpires

Just out of curiosity, who is the stale MCDFL administration? The Hub? They've been in operation for 2 years.

Recruiting more umpires is a brilliant idea. How is this done? People hardly line up for that sort of job. The stat is that around 50% of umpire recruits leave before the 2 year mark citing abuse from players and supporters as their reason for leaving and the good ones go to the bigger leagues which makes sense.

I'm not actually defending the MCDFL umpires here anyway. I am more defending volunteers who do it because their club needs them to do a job. They are fewer and far between these days.

Just out of curiosity, who is the stale MCDFL administration? The Hub? They've been in operation for 2 years.

Recruiting more umpires is a brilliant idea. How is this done? People hardly line up for that sort of job. The stat is that around 50% of umpire recruits leave before the 2 year mark citing abuse from players and supporters as their reason for leaving and the good ones go to the bigger leagues which makes sense.

I'm not actually defending the MCDFL umpires here anyway. I am more defending volunteers who do it because their club needs them to do a job. They are fewer and far between these days.

lets face it most umpires were breast fed until they were 13 so they are hardly going to be able to cop a bit of abuse now are ?

there are players out there who cop huge mouthfulls from over the fence week in week out but you dont see them packing their bags and going home crying to mummy because some one called them a bad name do you?

TROY HUBBLE UPDATE:
Word from the Rovers camp has it that Troy trained trained strongly tonight and will be in attendance Thursday night for Roast Chicken and Vegies. This is a big plus for the club and for Troy himself as his off field antics and late night shenanigans have brought his level of dedication under scrutiny in recent weeks.

my arent some of you out there a little touchy !
not everyone is going to agree on here boys and girls, i think its a healthy to have debates like this

No Umpires = No Football, Give them a go and respect what they are doing for the Game, it's easy to Knock them but think of the position they are in ! Like a game Of cricket, you might be dogged with an LBW that hits the top of the knee role, the next week you might smash one behind and the umpire is not moved, It evens itself out in the end, and teams will get the Good and Bad !

Think we should move on to some Footy talk !

Does anyone else think that Talbot playing there first game in round 3 is a bit rough ? Surely they have got the short end of the stick with the fixturing, im sure the Talbot boys would be very keen to get out there, Heard they won against a struggling Illabrook in a praccy match on the weekend !

Tips For round 2
Newstead to Defeat Dunolly by 4 goals - Dunollys Losses outway there gains at this stage of the year, but i think they will be in the game for the whole Night, giving a very large Princess Park Crowd a great Game !

Avoca to Defeat Rovers by 6 Goals- Will be interesting to see Sellers and Elliot and a couple of there recruits in Action, But Avoca will be too Stong

Carisbrook to defeat Trentham by 6 goals - Certainly treating this as a danger Game, Very Wary of a keen Trentham Side, Brook have lost some very good players but a strong reserves side of last year will replace them and Brook will be too strong.

Harcourt To defeat Campbells Creek by 5 goals, Flip of the coin game, Harcourt Have lost many, Creek have Gained a Couple, but 200 points is alot to make up on still a handy Harcourt Side, Dont count the Apple Eaters out of Finals Contention just yet, there a proud club !

Great Round of Footy, Thoughts ?

why dont you get off your hail bailing , bundy drinking extra large behind and join the board of the mcdfl and get the ball rolling and start fixing the shortage of umpires that you have experienced for ten plus years !

You have offered up a number of buzz words such as 'getting off your arses' and 'thinking outside the box'. You are yet to offer up your ideas on how the MCDFL can improve the numbers and quality in their umpiring ranks. All you are proving is that you can state the obvious and what every poster on here already knows. How do we fix it mate?

No Umpires = No Football, Give them a go and respect what they are doing for the Game, it's easy to Knock them but think of the position they are in ! Like a game Of cricket, you might be dogged with an LBW that hits the top of the knee role, the next week you might smash one behind and the umpire is not moved, It evens itself out in the end, and teams will get the Good and Bad !

Think we should move on to some Footy talk !

Does anyone else think that Talbot playing there first game in round 3 is a bit rough ? Surely they have got the short end of the stick with the fixturing, im sure the Talbot boys would be very keen to get out there, Heard they won against a struggling Illabrook in a praccy match on the weekend !

Tips For round 2
Newstead to Defeat Dunolly by 4 goals - Dunollys Losses outway there gains at this stage of the year, but i think they will be in the game for the whole Night, giving a very large Princess Park Crowd a great Game !

Avoca to Defeat Rovers by 6 Goals- Will be interesting to see Sellers and Elliot and a couple of there recruits in Action, But Avoca will be too Stong

Carisbrook to defeat Trentham by 6 goals - Certainly treating this as a danger Game, Very Wary of a keen Trentham Side, Brook have lost some very good players but a strong reserves side of last year will replace them and Brook will be too strong.

Harcourt To defeat Campbells Creek by 5 goals, Flip of the coin game, Harcourt Have lost many, Creek have Gained a Couple, but 200 points is alot to make up on still a handy Harcourt Side, Dont count the Apple Eaters out of Finals Contention just yet, there a proud club !

Great Round of Footy, Thoughts ?

Talbot got the shaft with the draw, not much can be done now, but common sense prob should have prevailed at some point there. In saying that the league is introducing night and Sunday games etc which is a positive move so we all have to make sacrifices. I believe our 2s won easily on Saturday but our 1s may have just got pipped. Good signs and the recruits played well, lacking key position players however so will be interesting to see where the goals come from.

My tips for this week:

Newstead v Dunolly - Both have impressive young running sides which are suited to the park. I expect Dunolly to push them all the way but Newstead to get over them by 4 goals.

Avoca v Rovers - Both sides have recruited well but I think with the inclusion of Tapner and Hedger to an already strong unit they will be far too strong. Rovers may get a rude awakening this weekend. Avoca by 8 goals.

Brook v Trentham - Trentham will improve but Brook will cover their losses easily enough against this side. Brook by 10+ goals.

Harcourt v Creek - Harcourt still have enough cattle to get over Creek easily. Lions by 8 goals

my arent some of you out there a little touchy !
not everyone is going to agree on here boys and girls, i think its a healthy to have debates like this
Not often that I get on here and have a whinge but I have to say that I am really pissed off whith all this umpire bashing.
I have hardly missed a Trentham game in over thirty years and yes there have been some shocking decisions but at least we have had those games. Without the Umps there would be no games, no decisions, no results and NO FXXXING FOOTY.
Saturdays game was a great contest where both teams played good football and Campbells Creek were winners by the Narrowest of margins.Well done to Creek and maybe next time we play you we will be better able to cover Matt Peake and their other runners and the result could be different.
We are still looking to the season with hope and confidence and you have to say that it is already obvious that we are far better than previous seasons

TROY HUBBLE UPDATE:
Word from the Rovers camp has it that Troy trained trained strongly tonight and will be in attendance Thursday night for Roast Chicken and Vegies. This is a big plus for the club and for Troy himself as his off field antics and late night shenanigans have brought his level of dedication under scrutiny in recent weeks.

Good to see young Bert Hubble up and about this early in the season is sure to be a force to be reckoned with this season. I have witnessed Hubble out on the town recently and his ability to get the attention of curvaceous women with a series of dance moves isnt rivaled, but lets just hope this doesnt get in the way of a big season.

Tips for this week:

Dunolly V Newstead - Wispers that Dunollys list will play outside their league with the possibility of Craig Burn watching from the stands friday night. With a few inclusions Dunolly will be evenly matched with Newstead, who hopefully start the season a little bit slower ala 2009.

Avoca v Rovers - Avoca by 10+ goals. Hubble tagging Tapner, Field or Bellenger maybe 9.

Trentham V Carisbrook - The scores last year 27.12.174 to 8.3.51. You wouldnt think Dingo and Ahmat would be likely starters at Trentham, but I dont think Trentham have gained 10 goals and Carisbrook lost 10. Brook by about 30-40 points.

Harcourt v Creek - Have only heard of departures from both these lists. Always a task winning at Harcourt. Should win by about 6 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad