Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only just signed up to big footy and I am disgraced to see how much shit some of the smaller football clubs in this league get on this site, especially the trentham football club. I've watched a couple of the games from this year and I am so suprised to see that what people write about the games that trentham play, they actually are a pretty good side who only need just one win on the board and I'm sure they could beat any side in this league. From what I've heard at the games the sides average age is around 21, starting from a 15 year old right through to the oldest player who is 26. Now think about it, you give them some expirience and if the team stays together who knows what they could produce?

FB: S. Timmins T. Ronke J. Anderson

HB: M. Kelly K. Dingo S. Sellers

C: S. Kerr E. Ford M. Hodoras

HF: S. Kaye M. Ramsay M. Peake

FF: N. Webster J. Guthrie D. Carroll

Foll: B. Hedger L. Edwards J. Harris

INT: J. Lockwood N. Robinson L. Stewart

The squad seems to be lacking a geniune key forward with Guthrie not being a tall forward and Mark Ramsey is predominately a backmen. Has played forward maybe a quarter this year. No idea how you could have picked Prickles and Giri in your team as they are not even in the squad and Prickles with his knee injuries would struggle a bit for pace I think anyway.

The only reason I swapped Bright for Lockwood is because Jules is able to play forward aswell and having a forward set up with Ramsey you will definitely need some back up if things do not go his way. Would love to see him at CHF as he is definitely the best backmen in the league but dont know who else from that squad will play CHF. Any ideas?

Agree if they are not in the squad no point in picking them. If the league is interested in winning the game and particularly with their lack of forward options I would have Prickles Martin in. Doubtful he's be interested but I would have him in and playing forward. Very tough to match up on with his pace and strong hands. In a decent side he would kick a bag at full forward.

Agree if they are not in the squad no point in picking them. If the league is interested in winning the game and particularly with their lack of forward options I would have Prickles Martin in. Doubtful he's be interested but I would have him in and playing forward. Very tough to match up on with his pace and strong hands. In a decent side he would kick a bag at full forward.

I was just highlighting that if the league were serious about winning: some quality older players in prickles, field, giri, ronke etc. would be in.

If people choose not to play simply rub them out for a week or two. Its really not that hard to do. I'm sure if it was done the side would be a lot better too as the genuine best 22 would be playing.

Watched that interleague game last year and would be interested to know how many of the same players have been picked again and if they really deserve to get a game. It was an embarassing scoreline so maybe the league is better off starting fresh and playing players on form, and more importantly who relly want to play and represent the league.

Watched that interleague game last year and would be interested to know how many of the same players have been picked again and if they really deserve to get a game. It was an embarassing scoreline so maybe the league is better off starting fresh and playing players on form, and more importantly who relly want to play and represent the league.

This is the team that played last year:

Backs: Pat Cummins, Brad Fraser. Jay Anderson
H/Backs: Ben Kick, Dion Hedger, Ash Grant

Centres: Matthew Smith, Tony Bellenger, David Clark
H/Fwd: Luke Treacy, Keiran Robinson, Brendon Hedger
Fwd: Christian Kelly, James McNamee, Adrian Pilgrim
Rucks: Mark Oxley, Josh Hutchinson
Rover: Ethan Ford

Int: Tim Bright, Josh Grant, Sam Kaye, Sam Kerr,
Nick Robinson, Jeremy Sanders. (6 on bench)

I was there as well and it was a very poor performance but there is no doubting that they went into a wet weather game far too tall. The conditions were terrible, very hard to take an overhead grab and once the ball hit the deck the LPFL boys were able to run it away with ease.

I see on the LPFL website that they have already had a training sesison and will have 5 sessions to our 4 so that puts us behind the 8 ball already but i think if they pick a team that will play well together, rather than a team like last year that had 7 or so blokes over 6'5'', they will put up a much better performance.

Would have to go in as underdogs this year though

WHAT is the venue for this year's i-league game, boys.

Loddon Valley takes on Ovens and King in Benalla and Heathcote DFL plays Geelong District F.L. at Bell Post Hill oval, in outer Geelong.

Oscar R: Ramsay can play up forward. Saw him nail 7 saus. rolls for the Maine v Maryborough. I think it was late July/early August 2008, and it was certainly played at Princes Park.

So he can play a key forward role !!

I've only just signed up to big footy and I am disgraced to see how much shit some of the smaller football clubs in this league get on this site, especially the trentham football club. I've watched a couple of the games from this year and I am so suprised to see that what people write about the games that trentham play, they actually are a pretty good side who only need just one win on the board and I'm sure they could beat any side in this league. From what I've heard at the games the sides average age is around 21, starting from a 15 year old right through to the oldest player who is 26. Now think about it, you give them some expirience and if the team stays together who knows what they could produce?

Fair point. unfortunately they rarely keep the new recruits for more than a season,which really upsets the team/club structure. having watched a few games at Trenm over the years,really think they should be putting a bit more thought into the type of players that they recruit.maybe throw some coin at some key position forwards and defenders instead of picking up more midfield /flanker types.definately need some bigger bodied players as just having legspeed around the ground isn't enough against sides that have both. i reckon the travel distances to away games has a fair bit to do with the turnover of players .alas ,you can't buy loyalty, but if they can get a few of these recruits to stay for a few seasons ,coupled with the local contingent of players ,i reckon success isn't that far away.

I was just highlighting that if the league were serious about winning: some quality older players in prickles, field, giri, ronke etc. would be in.

If people choose not to play simply rub them out for a week or two. Its really not that hard to do. I'm sure if it was done the side would be a lot better too as the genuine best 22 would be playing.

Agreed. Question is does the league want to genuinely win the game or do they want to pick a squad on form and merit? Some of these young players picked, whilst in form, will prob not make the step up to playing seasoned campaigners at interleague level. This is where guys like Field, Martin etc would be invaluable in the group, plus can obviously still play.

Suspending them is not the way to go, you will only alienate these players further.

A couple of interesting matches coming up this week guys... Any thoughts on these?

Dunolly v Creek - Suprise packets the Creeker's having not lost a game this far into the season for the first time in a long time. Peake seems to have the midfield running smoothly and they may cause a few upsets yet. Dunolly have dropped off this season no doubt but still have enough remaining from last year to be competitive. I think this will be close but think that the Eagles "should" have more quality across the board to get up.

Harcourt v Newstead - 2 teams that have great rivalry that has built up over the 2000's coiniciding with the Lions becoming a good side. They have lost a number of players as everyone knows but do have a nack of getting up for these games. Newstead have started a little shaky in 2010 winning and loosing 2 games so far. The players missing from last years premiership side have made it tough with upwards of 7 missing at the same time making life difficult. The Roo's should be up for this one and get back on track with a good win.

Talbot v Maldon - Unortunately for the Hawks they have lost more personnell than they can cover this season and it showed going down to Creek last week. Maldon on the other hand are always competitive with a good crop of locals and are looking like they may be back in the finals this season if the form keeps up. Maldon easily

Trentham v Avoca - The saints are yet to win a game but that does not really reflect where they are at this season opposed to last. It takes time for the new guys to gell and by all reports when this starts to happen they are going to cause a few good sides headaches this year. Avoca on the other hand have gelled beautifully with Hedger and co sliding into the side with ease. Avoca will win this one and its just a matter of where in the top 3 they finish come seasons end.

Royal Park v Rovers - Rovers are a side that is definately on the improve and eyeing off a top 5 finish this year. RP have done a bit of recruiting but it does not seem to be paying off in terms of results. If Rovers are to be a strength this year they need to put sides like the tigers away, and i would expect that Sellers and co will do just that.

Maryborough Castlemaine District Football League

RESULTS FOR Maryborough Castlemaine District Football League > Bendigo Bank Seniors

Round 6 - 15/05/2010

Dunolly 13.8 (86) lost to Campbells Creek 17.17 (119)

Harcourt 13.8 (86) drew with Newstead 13.8 (86)

Avoca 19.15 (129) defeated Trentham 14.6 (90)

Maldon 22.18 (150) defeated Talbot 11.13 (79)

RESULTS FOR Maryborough Castlemaine District Football League > Bendigo Bank Reserves

Round 6 - 15/05/2010

Newstead 9.10 (64) defeated Harcourt 9.7 (61)

Avoca 11.8 (74) defeated Trentham 8.11 (59)

Maldon 21.10 (136) defeated Talbot 4.2 (26)

RESULTS FOR Maryborough Castlemaine District Football League > Under 17

Round 6 - 15/05/2010

Talbot won by forfeit Maldon

Avoca 14.6 (90) defeated Trentham 12.10 (82)

Newstead 11.10 (76) defeated Harcourt 3.4 (22)

6 rounds in and Creek are still undefeated! They must have really improved, because even though Dunolly have lost quite a few they still are not one of the worst going around. Be interesting to see if they give Brook etc a run in the coming weeks. But with 5 wins on the board you would think that they only need another 5 or 6 to make finals??

Good effort by Harcourt on the weekend too - they just seem to rise that little bit extra when playing Newstead, and the Stead really need to regroup and get their full side on the park or they will be pushing it to even make the 5 at this rate! They must beat Trentham on the weekend to get back on track.

A nasty head high bump and report on the weekend too in the last quarter of the Newstead v Harcourt game, it will be interesting to see if any weeks are handed out tonight.

anyone from trentham on here that can give me a honest opinion on how the two recruits from rdfl side macedon are going, carter and reeves?
hopefully they are worth the money that they are rumoured to be getting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 rounds in and Creek are still undefeated! They must have really improved, because even though Dunolly have lost quite a few they still are not one of the worst going around. Be interesting to see if they give Brook etc a run in the coming weeks. But with 5 wins on the board you would think that they only need another 5 or 6 to make finals??

Good effort by Harcourt on the weekend too - they just seem to rise that little bit extra when playing Newstead, and the Stead really need to regroup and get their full side on the park or they will be pushing it to even make the 5 at this rate! They must beat Trentham on the weekend to get back on track.

A nasty head high bump and report on the weekend too in the last quarter of the Newstead v Harcourt game, it will be interesting to see if any weeks are handed out tonight.

How about some more details on the bump?

Is that the same Creek side you said last week wouldn't get within 5-6 goals of Dunolly?

How about some more details on the bump?

Is that the same Creek side you said last week wouldn't get within 5-6 goals of Dunolly?

Yep, the very same Creek that i thought would not get near Dunolly; They are obviously a little better than i thought and i think i highlighted my suprise in the previous post. Wasn't knocking them, just didn't expect them to be 6 - 0 at this stage (nor would anyone else i wouldn't have thought).

They do have a tough month coming up, playing most of the other top 5 contenders, so we might reserve the judgement till then maineman.

From the games i've seen both Reeves and Carter have been very good. Not sure on your accuracy about big money though and the amount Trentham are paying wouldn't be any where near what is rumoured.

Definetely a tale of two teams with Creek and Trentham - Creek haven't played any of the top teams and Trentham have. Apart from the one blow out against rovers trentham have improved significantly from last year. If they could get 4 quarters together they could challenege any team

Any ideas on the Under 19 interleague squad at this stage??

From a MCDFNL Press Release

DUNOLLY
Lachlan Cunningham
Brock Gray
Thomas Stiles
Liam Mottram
Kyle Lierich
Lachlan Liddicoat
CARISBROOK
Brent Davies
Jeremy McInnes
Jackson Bowen
Isaac Long
Jonathon Gray
TALBOT
Kane Heathcock
AVOCA
Lachlan Edwards
Jason Hunt
MARYBOROUGH ROVERS
Andrew Jardine
Joshua Mockridge
CAMPBELL’S CREEK
Brendan Josey
Jack Dredge
MALDON
Vaughan Williams
Dylan Kelly
Hayden Kelly
NEWSTEAD
Matthew Culvenor
Tom Reece
Johnny Bastin
TRENTHAM
Jake Vorach
Luke Whitehouse

From a MCDFNL Press Release

DUNOLLY
Lachlan Cunningham
Brock Gray
Thomas Stiles
Liam Mottram
Kyle Lierich
Lachlan Liddicoat
CARISBROOK
Brent Davies
Jeremy McInnes
Jackson Bowen
Isaac Long
Jonathon Gray
TALBOT
Kane Heathcock
AVOCA
Lachlan Edwards
Jason Hunt
MARYBOROUGH ROVERS
Andrew Jardine
Joshua Mockridge
CAMPBELL’S CREEK
Brendan Josey
Jack Dredge
MALDON
Vaughan Williams
Dylan Kelly
Hayden Kelly
NEWSTEAD
Matthew Culvenor
Tom Reece
Johnny Bastin
TRENTHAM
Jake Vorach
Luke Whitehouse

That team will go well.

Have heard that Martin Kellys younger brother is lining up for Dunolly this weekend. Should be interesting to see how he goes.

I was just wanting to hear how some of the other clubs treat their Two's side. I know some clubs that all they are interested in is the One's side and the Two's get nothing.

From that squad above, my Under 19 Interleague side would look like this...

Backs - J. Gray T. Stiles J. Bastin
H/Backs - K. Lierich J. Bowen I. Long
Centres - L. Cunningham L. Edwards V. Williams
H/Fwds - A. Jardine L. Mottram M. Culvenor
Fwds - J. Hunt T. Reece J. McInnes
Rucks - L. Liddicoat H. Kelly B. Josey
Interchange - B. Gray, B. Davies, K. Heathcock, J. Mockridge

Emergancies - J. Dredge, D. Kelly, J. Vorbach, L. Whitehouse

Anyone else want to have a crack??

can anyone tell me anything about this johnstone guy whos the new full forward playing for the rovers at the moment? hes leading the league goal kicking, looks a likely sort.

With Andrew Nelson getting his name in the paper each week surely he is knocking on the door of the senior side theres only so much the kid can do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad