Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post made me think about the make up of the 5 "Egor", and looking ahead to the next month and it is going to really start to take shape! Considering that the current top 6 have a bit of a break on the rest i have only taken them into account (that is not to say someone may bolt from the blue), but have a look at the road ahead for the top 6 teams.

1. Avoca (32) - Dunolly, Carisbrook, Creek, Maldon
2. Carisbrook (32) - Rovers, Avoca, Newstead, Harcourt
3. Creek (28) - Maldon, Rovers, Avoca, Newstead
4. Rovers (24) - Carisbrook, Creek, Maldon, BYE
5. Maldon (24) - Creek, BYE, Rovers, Avoca
6. Newstead (22) - Talbot, BYE, Carisbrook, Creek

Should have a better idea of the make up of the 5 after that 4 weeks.

I think it will look more like

1. Avoca
2. Carisbrook
3. Newstead
4. Rovers
5. Maldon
6. Creek

Any thoughts?

I'll just add lucky number 7.

7. Dunolly (16) - Plays everyone until seasons end except Newstead.

2 games out of the top 5. Every other side play Newstead and Avoca (front runners) so it could be considered only 1 game. Need to roll Brook, Rovers and Maldon and have a strong back end of the season.

Creek probably wont make the 5 in the end. Rovers, Maldon and Dunolly looking likely to fight it out for 4 & 5.

Your post made me think about the make up of the 5 "Egor", and looking ahead to the next month and it is going to really start to take shape! Considering that the current top 6 have a bit of a break on the rest i have only taken them into account (that is not to say someone may bolt from the blue), but have a look at the road ahead for the top 6 teams.

1. Avoca (32) - Dunolly, Carisbrook, Creek, Maldon
2. Carisbrook (32) - Rovers, Avoca, Newstead, Harcourt
3. Creek (28) - Maldon, Rovers, Avoca, Newstead
4. Rovers (24) - Carisbrook, Creek, Maldon, BYE
5. Maldon (24) - Creek, BYE, Rovers, Avoca
6. Newstead (22) - Talbot, BYE, Carisbrook, Creek

Should have a better idea of the make up of the 5 after that 4 weeks.

I think it will look more like

1. Avoca
2. Carisbrook
3. Newstead
4. Rovers
5. Maldon
6. Creek

Any thoughts?

1.Avoca
2.Newstead
3. Carisbrook
4. Rovers
5. Dunolly
6. Maldon

Carisbrook have got the easist run home, they are sure to make finals just becasue they play they lower ranked teams twice and dnt play teams like avoca, newstead, rovers.
Rovers seemed to missed chipper a fair bit on the weekend too surely they can still beat teams without him.

Also jezza will not play with bushy that made me laugh, he has a niggling injury and was hoping to play with dunolly but his wife is due have another kid sometime soon. He will play at dunolly if he is goin to play, and with these darwin guys in they might be back to where they were last year.

Sometimes I wonder about the mentality of people who post on this site. It is easy to stand on the outside and throw dirt, try getting really involved with a club and put in the hard yards with the players and committee. Yes its true that the saints haven't won a game yet this season but they have been competitive in all of their games and even on Sunday against last years premiers they showed glimpses of very good footy They got beaten by ninety points but last time Trentham played Newstead the Steaders won by over thirty goals. I can tell you that the committee and supporters are more than happy with the recruits we have got this year. Each and every one of these players has gone out of his way to be a real member of the club mixing in well with the Under 17s Reserves, Committee and supporters How many times have you heard about recruits coming to a club playing the game getting their money and going home. Not this group, they are part of the club and the club loves them and knows that they are doing their best and a win is not far away.
Perhaps it is time trentham sack thier coach no wins in a season and a half with this years recruits hand picked by the coach yet no results, yes they have been competitive but to be beaten that badly on the weekend when im sure they would have been confident of a victory has to say something. The commitee has to make the hard decision to sack the coach. They appear to doing well off field making trentham a real football club again but now they badly need wins on the board to bank in on this hard work. Perhaps a Harley Dalgliesh who leads from the front every week on the field is the man for the job or the wily old fox coaching the reserves in Rick McConville who has a vast football experience should take over.

Perhaps it is time trentham sack thier coach no wins in a season and a half with this years recruits hand picked by the coach yet no results, yes they have been competitive but to be beaten that badly on the weekend when im sure they would have been confident of a victory has to say something. The commitee has to make the hard decision to sack the coach. They appear to doing well off field making trentham a real football club again but now they badly need wins on the board to bank in on this hard work. Perhaps a Harley Dalgliesh who leads from the front every week on the field is the man for the job or the wily old fox coaching the reserves in Rick McConville who has a vast football experience should take over.

Not sure but i think Mc Conville stood down as 2s coach.something to do with selection drama's ,so i was told on the weekend. Bob Beare coached them on the weekend

Average loss over 16 games last season 104 points Current season over seven games 45 points. I agree that we desperately need a win, but as much as we have improved our playing list so too have the other clubs in the competition. It is important that you dont wreck the club by making hasty decisions If the coach has to go there needs to be a replacement who will have everyones respect and confidence

Average loss over 16 games last season 104 points Current season over seven games 45 points. I agree that we desperately need a win, but as much as we have improved our playing list so too have the other clubs in the competition. It is important that you dont wreck the club by making hasty decisions If the coach has to go there needs to be a replacement who will have everyones respect and confidence

Seems a bit harsh (from someone not involved at the club) that people are talking about sacking the coach. Having played against the side they have improved "ten fold" this year and seem to have a pretty good bunch of guys.

A lot of teams when in a rut revert to taking thier focus off the ball and onto the man, but Trentham play the ball and seem to be getting it together... The only fault would be that they turn on one another a bit when things go a bit sour!!!

Seems a bit harsh (from someone not involved at the club) that people are talking about sacking the coach. Having played against the side they have improved "ten fold" this year and seem to have a pretty good bunch of guys.

A lot of teams when in a rut revert to taking thier focus off the ball and onto the man, but Trentham play the ball and seem to be getting it together... The only fault would be that they turn on one another a bit when things go a bit sour!!!
As I quoted earlier 2009 average loss 104 points this season 45 points Thats a ten goal improvement and dont forget that they include a 1 point loss to Creek, 19 point loss to Maldon and 22 point loss to Carisbrook. The big losses have been against Newstead and Harcourt who have both just started running into top form.
I BELIEVE THE CLUB NEEDS TO SECURE THE SERVICES OF A TRUE CENTRE HALF BACK AND IT WILL MAKE ALL OF THE DIFFERENCE

Should be a pretty good round of footy this week, with at least 3 games that could have a pretty big bearing on the top 5 come 6:00pm Saturday night...

Avoca v Dunolly - Avoca are clearly the number 1 team at the moment but there are a couple of teams starting to chase them, the ever reliable midfield is running beatufilly and Hedger is in great touch. Dunolly are also starting to find a bit of form and by all reports a couple of inclusions from North are starting to have a bit of an impact. I expect Avoca to get up but it might be a closer game than we may have thought a couple of weeks ago.

Maldon v Creek - Maldon are always tough to topple on the small dimensions of thier ground and have been playing pretty good footy lately. Creek hacve a really tough month ahead and this is one where they really need to have a win as Maldon will be one of those teams they are fighting with for 4 - 5th spot. The stronger bodied Maldon midfielders should out muscle the younger Creek and win.

Harcourt v Royal Park - Good win by Harcourt last week, the older heads of Hutchison and Trethown are leading the charge and they are probably the pick of the bottom few sides. Royal Park got a bit of a lesson last week and just didn't have the firepower to make the most of some good clearance work. The lion will win this one

Rovers v Brook - Bad week last week for Rovers going down to the rejuvinated Dunolly in a smashing. As for Carisbrook they remain undefeated and are ticking along nicely. This could be a bit of a toss of the coin, if the "GOOD" Rovers show up they are a massive chance, but they are a little inconsistent and the old firm at Carisbrook might just get them over the line.

Newstead v Talbot - Newstead seemed to find their run a lot more over the last couple of weeks, and the two left footers up forward in Guthrie and Reece (who has returned from injury) are finishing off the work nicely. There are still a number of people missing from week to week but its expected that during the second half of the seasobn they should start to get their full side on the paddoch. Talbot have been struggling so far in 2010 but are still a pretty dangerous outfit. Bright and Martin are the nucleous of a good Ruckman / Rover combination and if they get on top anything could happen. Newstead should win this though.

Sounds like the trentham committee agree with you, a friend of mine at the league told me they gave the coach the flick today and have already got a replacement, can anyone confirm this???

MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE
RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > SENIORS
Round 9 - 05/06/2010
Maldon 24.14 (158) d Campbells Creek 5.7 (37)
Rovers 6.12 (48) drew Carisbrook 7.6 (48)
Avoca 11.18 (84) d Dunolly 2.15 (27)
Harcourt 16.20 (116) d Royal Park 6.4 (40)
Newstead 19.8 (122) d Talbot 8.7 (55)
RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > RESERVES
Maldon 21.12 (138) d Campbells Creek 6.6 (42)
Carisbrook 21.17 (143) d Maryborough 3.1 (19)
Avoca 25.13 (163) d Dunolly 1.6 (12)
Harcourt 14.2 (86) d Royal Park 10.9 (69)
Newstead 13.11 (89) d Talbot 10.6 (66)
RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > U/17
Newstead 25.15 (165) d Talbot 0.0 (0)
Harcourt won by forfeit Royal Park
Avoca 22.19 (151) d Dunolly 1.0 (6)
Carisbrook 10.9 (69) d Rovers 4.6 (30)
Campbells Creek won by forfeit Maldon

Sounds like the trentham committee agree with you, a friend of mine at the league told me they gave the coach the flick today and have already got a replacement, can anyone confirm this???
Yep definately replaced as senior coach. new one appointed and meeting players at tuesday nights training. hopefully they don't lose to many players through the removal of the senior coach.

Looks like Talbot pushed Newstead all the way until being blown away in the last. Newsteads premiership defence is looking a bit shaky, have they got any to come back in?

Can some of the Newstead posters give me an update on Talbot? Very young side on the park looking at the team list, any positive signs there?

Looks like Talbot pushed Newstead all the way until being blown away in the last. Newsteads premiership defence is looking a bit shaky, have they got any to come back in?

Can some of the Newstead posters give me an update on Talbot? Very young side on the park looking at the team list, any positive signs there?

A few to come back in yet King, Mark Oxley, Jason Baker, Josh Barker, Chris Starrit all to come back into the team, they should be back for the next game against carisbrook.

Talbot have some good kids and ran well although Newstead had most of the ball all day and over used it for the first 3 quarters. Talbot made the most of Newsteads mistakes and looked good although when Newstead clicked up a gear the talbot boys struggled to match them. Tim Bright being out didnt help Talbots cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newstead will be there at the business end of the season when they have their full side but what is interesting about the results on the weekend is creeks thrashing at the hands of maldon which were two teams meant to be evenly matched.

Newstead will be there at the business end of the season when they have their full side but what is interesting about the results on the weekend is creeks thrashing at the hands of maldon which were two teams meant to be evenly matched.

Newstead have done pretty well to be where they are considering the people they have missed on a weekly basis - They have struggled to get many games out of the following premiership players; Oxley 2 games, Starritt 0, Garsed 0, Danny Barker 0, Baker 4 - 5, and lost another 3 to injury during the Royal Park game that didn't play against Talbot. Most if not all of these guys will be available for the second half of the season starting with the game v Carisbrook.

As for Creek v Maldon - It was always going to be a tough few weeks for Creek and they may have been looked upon a bit more favourably due to the draw, and the fact they had not played any of Maldon, Brook, Avoca, Rovers or Newstead untill this section... And they have lost to the only 2 of those they have played.

I do see that they are working at topping up their list with a clearance going in for Daniel Pavlou from Harcourt this week, but they will need to knock off a couple of the above mentioned teams or they will be the ones to miss the 5.

To play with his mates which is what country footy is all about. He was only out at Dunolly this year as his old man was coaching the 2's, as soon as his dad got the sack (not sure of the reasons behind that) he put the clearance papers in. Will be a great addition to the side and goes to show that having a good culture at the club will attract quality people.

Not sure how much of a, "good culture," exists at bushy. Everyone knows that only losers or people with no mates play there and despite being financially stable for the first time in a long time they are still not able to attract anyone of note.

Not sure how much of a, "good culture," exists at bushy. Everyone knows that only losers or people with no mates play there and despite being financially stable for the first time in a long time they are still not able to attract anyone of note.

strong words there handy, very strong. yeh, i guess we're all losers at Bushy and I know I've got no mates so that's why I've been there my whole life. And if it wasnt for our "MATES" we would be struggling more than what we already are. Maybe you should come and check out the culture one day and see how much these boys love the club

Yeah I'd dispute that too. I reckon they are a pretty tight bunch at Bushy, unfortunately they are not all the most gifted footballers, but you cant dispute that they are good mates and they have a good social atmosphere. Unfortunately this has not put anything in the wins column as yet.

But to be fair to their players, a lot of their boys have been very loyal and have stuck with the come through thick and thin which has to be admired. Easy to throw stones from afar!

A few to come back in yet King, Mark Oxley, Jason Baker, Josh Barker, Chris Starrit all to come back into the team, they should be back for the next game against carisbrook.

Talbot have some good kids and ran well although Newstead had most of the ball all day and over used it for the first 3 quarters. Talbot made the most of Newsteads mistakes and looked good although when Newstead clicked up a gear the talbot boys struggled to match them. Tim Bright being out didnt help Talbots cause.

Bright would be a loss, particularly with Nathan Smith out, I cant think of anyone else on the list really that could competently ruck.

There are plenty of kids running around for Talbot at the moment that I wouldnt have thought would be ready for senior footy. But in dark times you need to look at the positives and hopefully the experience these boys are getting will benefit the club in the future. It's been a big wake up call this season for the Talbot Footy Club from all reports and a fair few are hurting back home, and I dont like seeing them where they are from here either.

But to its credit the coaches and club are remaining positive and generally competitive considering their serious lack of man power. They have a great crop of lower age under 17s coming through that will be a strong unit in 1-2 years. Club will get back to where it belongs in time.

Yeah I'd dispute that too. I reckon they are a pretty tight bunch at Bushy, unfortunately they are not all the most gifted footballers, but you cant dispute that they are good mates and they have a good social atmosphere. Unfortunately this has not put anything in the wins column as yet.

But to be fair to their players, a lot of their boys have been very loyal and have stuck with the come through thick and thin which has to be admired. Easy to throw stones from afar!
Totally agree King Rich. Being closely associated with Trentham I can vouch for the fact that just because you are not winning doesnt mean that the players dont form close bonds both on and off the field I say Good Luck to Royal Park at least they are still fielding teams and giving a contest and havent thrown in the towel

The following line up for MCDFNL is in todays Bendigo Advertiser

Backs:
Jay Anderson
Ben Harrison
Joel Cross

H/Backs:
Scott Sellers
Mark Ramsey
Sam Kerr

Centre:
Matt Hodoras
Justin Harris
Lachlan Edwards

H/Fwd:
Tom Wright
Wes Bell
Matt Peake

Fwd:
David Carroll
Brendon Hedger
Brendan Lloyd

R/R:
Dion Hedger
Nathan Webster
Ethan Ford

Int:
Julian Lockwood
Brayden Guareschi
Cameron Baker
Nick Robinson
Graeme Kennedy
Tom Reece

The following line up for MCDFNL is in todays Bendigo Advertiser

Backs:
Jay Anderson
Ben Harrison
Joel Cross

H/Backs:
Scott Sellers
Mark Ramsey
Sam Kerr

Centre:
Matt Hodoras
Justin Harris
Lachlan Edwards

H/Fwd:
Tom Wright
Wes Bell
Matt Peake

Fwd:
David Carroll
Brendon Hedger
Brendan Lloyd

R/R:
Dion Hedger
Nathan Webster
Ethan Ford

Int:
Julian Lockwood
Brayden Guareschi
Cameron Baker
Nick Robinson
Graeme Kennedy
Tom Reece

Lack of key forwards is probably the most glaring weakness in this team. Who is leading the goalkicking at this moment?

Tom Wright is an interesting selection. Good young player but must have really come on in the last two years to get an interleague guernsey.

Which club is the full back Ben Harrison from?

Anyone want to have a crack at naming a second 24 from other players that are left over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad