Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it appears that the wheels may be starting to fall off the wagon at trentham with a few clearances being lodged to be cleared, i see beau traille's has already been approved, would of thought he would have stayed the season seen as though he was an assistant or something....i think his expectations may have been too high as he rated them as top 3 chance....obviously does like it when the going gets tough, anyone know anything else

I heard today the Big Megs is set to return to the brook in the next few weeks before clearences shut... heard that things havn't worked out all that well over great western... can anyone confirm this???

I can confirm that the big fella is set over at the Western and has fit in really well. I think the only rumour with any truth to it going around is that he has had his ban at the flag overturned and is allowed back in there to run a muck again. However in saying so this hasn't changed his mind in wanting to return over Maryborough way and believe he will spend some time at the western!!

In fact he has fit in that well at Great Western that he has had the Rhino working very well on occassions!! :D

I can confirm that the big fella is set over at the Western and has fit in really well. I think the only rumour with any truth to it going around is that he has had his ban at the flag overturned and is allowed back in there to run a muck again. However in saying so this hasn't changed his mind in wanting to return over Maryborough way and believe he will spend some time at the western!!

In fact he has fit in that well at Great Western that he has had the Rhino working very well on occassions!! :D

Has he finally learnt how to drink? When I knew him at Avoca he was a two-pot screamer!

Has he finally learnt how to drink? When I knew him at Avoca he was a two-pot screamer!

Ah well I don't know if he's finally learnt to drink but the big fella can put away a few nowadays and is still a screamer when he does I must add!! He was rumourmed to have drank 17 cans of Jimmy from Edenhope to Great Western after the interleague match last month!!

imachump... stop wasting our time and go look it up. As the results show they are terrible, will be good when they pack up and fold like campbells creek cos i don't know anyone who enjoys going down there!

I doubt anyone would like to see a Club fold and is a pretty average comment. I found most of the Trentham boys to be good felas and would be a shame for that club to go under. In reality it is not that far to travel compared to some leagues aroound the area.

Simo

Not much banter this morning about the weekends matches. The Avoca v Talbot game was a ripper with a big crowd in attendance. Talbot had the wood over them most of the day but ran out of legs in the last quarter going down in a very disappointing result for the club.

But its only July and that loss may turn out to be good for the club. Young Nick Coghlan was the difference between the 2 sides in the end I thought. Took some great grabs and goals in the second half.

Not much banter this morning about the weekends matches. The Avoca v Talbot game was a ripper with a big crowd in attendance. Talbot had the wood over them most of the day but ran out of legs in the last quarter going down in a very disappointing result for the club.

But its only July and that loss may turn out to be good for the club. Young Nick Coghlan was the difference between the 2 sides in the end I thought. Took some great grabs and goals in the second half.

No doubt the running out of legs would have started in the ruck division! Big Tom isn't going to win you guys a flag unless you get him off his big arse an away from the comfort zone. Needs to get fit and then he will be a dominant ruckman and a big asset to the Talbot side. I see Tim Bright is in the process of being cleared to Talbot also, that should be a good combo!

No doubt the running out of legs would have started in the ruck division! Big Tom isn't going to win you guys a flag unless you get him off his big arse an away from the comfort zone. Needs to get fit and then he will be a dominant ruckman and a big asset to the Talbot side. I see Tim Bright is in the process of being cleared to Talbot also, that should be a good combo!

There were mulitple injuries for Talbot on the weekend and he was one of them. Full credit to Avoca for sticking to there game for the 4 quarters. Will be an interesting game next time the sides meet.

I thought he was among Talbot's better players until he went off. Drove them forward on many occaisions, particularly in the 1st quarter when Talbot were dominating.

I thought he was among Talbot's better players until he went off. Drove them forward on many occaisions, particularly in the 1st quarter when Talbot were dominating.

I'm not questioning if he is any good because he clearly goes alright. He is at about 65% of what he should be, if he got fit and lost some weight he would kill other district league ruckman! It is easy to lose a bit of weight, he should slam down a red bull and a couple of disprins 20 minutes before he trains. This thins your blood and allows you to perform at a higher intensity resulting in weight loss. I personally did it when i battled the bulge and it works big time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Tom got injured in the latter stages of the 3rd quarter and spent the last on the bench. This certainly effected our drive. This coupled with a couple of other injuries to key players didn't help but all credit to Avoca, they were the fitter side and overran us! We will look forward to playing them again though!

Tim Bright should be a handy recruit for Talbot. Have only heard reports.... Can you give us a run down on what type of player he is IB?

King Rich $2,435
Candy Man $1,725
Morrie Morals $1,200
Dr. Phil $1,056
Mobbenfuher $980
Nossi5 $500
Old School Biff $0
MightyRoar $0
Rojer Ramjet $0
Nonamehack $0
Iron Beast $0

Who played on Coghlan on the w/e?
Who played on Robbins on the w/e?

Both youngsters had a day out.

I noticed the day that Avoca played Bushy that Scott Whitehead coached from the sidelines in his civvies but was included on the Bushy team sheet as being one of the twenty two listed as playing that day. I wonder what the go is there. Bushy didn't hand their official team sheet in after the game. They took the sheets with them and they had to be tracked down by the league secretary later that evening.

King is right - premierships aren't won in July. There is still a lot of water to go under the bridge yet. I thought the loss of Sutherland and Bench at the three quarter time mark hurt Talbot greatly. Good player Sutherland.

On an Avoca shift back to the LPFL - how could you even contemplate it after seeing the huge crowd at Talbot on Saturday and weren't they treated to a great contest. A fantastic atmosphere. Love to know what the gate was King.

Besides, Natte are supposedly twice the team Avoca is at present and they are experiencing difficulties when playing the Ballarat based clubs, so on that basis, what hope would Avoca have of being competitive in that league.

I noticed the day that Avoca played Bushy that Scott Whitehead coached from the sidelines in his civvies but was included on the Bushy team sheet as being one of the twenty two listed as playing that day. I wonder what the go is there. Bushy didn't hand their official team sheet in after the game. They took the sheets with them and they had to be tracked down by the league secretary later that evening.

King is right - premierships aren't won in July. There is still a lot of water to go under the bridge yet. I thought the loss of Sutherland and Bench at the three quarter time mark hurt Talbot greatly. Good player Sutherland.

On an Avoca shift back to the LPFL - how could you even contemplate it after seeing the huge crowd at Talbot on Saturday and weren't they treated to a great contest. A fantastic atmosphere. Love to know what the gate was King.

Besides, Natte are supposedly twice the team Avoca is at present and they are experiencing difficulties when playing the Ballarat based clubs, so on that basis, what hope would Avoca have of being competitive in that league.

I believe the gate takings were up around the $2000 mark which is a very very good day. Great crowd in attendance and the game was of a very high standard!

Nathan Bond played on Nick Coghlan. Probably the first time all year that he has had his colours lowered.

I believe the gate takings were up around the $2000 mark which is a very very good day. Great crowd in attendance and the game was of a very high standard!

Nathan Bond played on Nick Coghlan. Probably the first time all year that he has had his colours lowered.

Maldon($4) v Carisbrook ($1.25)
Avoca ($1.05) v Dunolly ($12)
Newstead ($4) v Talbot ($1.25)
Harcourt ($1.25)v Royal Park ($4)
Rovers ($1.10) v Trentham ($9)

Some interesting games on the w/e with upsets being very possible.

Ladder thus far.

Avoca 198.77% 28
Talbot 173.67% 24
Carisbrook 171.51% 24
Harcourt 161.28% 24
Maldon 93.30% 16
Maryborough Rovers 74.97% 16
Newstead 100.14% 12
Royal Park 88.92% 12
Dunolly 44.36% 4
Trentham 42.54% 0

Maldon($4) v Carisbrook ($1.25)
Avoca ($1.05) v Dunolly ($12)
Newstead ($4) v Talbot ($1.25)
Harcourt ($1.25)v Royal Park ($4)
Rovers ($1.10) v Trentham ($9)

Some interesting games on the w/e with upsets being very possible.

Ladder thus far.

Avoca 198.77% 28
Talbot 173.67% 24
Carisbrook 171.51% 24
Harcourt 161.28% 24
Maldon 93.30% 16
Maryborough Rovers 74.97% 16
Newstead 100.14% 12
Royal Park 88.92% 12
Dunolly 44.36% 4
Trentham 42.54% 0

No chance for an upset anywhere here. Stick with the favourites. They are sure bets.

how did roger davies go in his 273rd senior game for the botters on sat
think he was due to break the senior club record of g. barass
get in the best or boot a snag roll, maybe ??

You really don't rate bushy do ya. I'm tippin Harcourt aswell tho.

Bushy gave Avoca a lesson on how to play football Crank!!! The club's pretty happy to have them well down the ladder. A defeat on Saturday would make it very difficult for them to make the five.

I see Tim Heeenan is back from an extended stay overseas. Tim played for the Maryborough club before heading out to Carisbrook a couple of seasons ago. Will be another addition for the Redbacks.

Roger Davies is a great player and A grade fellow, Played OK but I felt that he is not moving quite as freely as he used to. Age might be catching up a little bit. He has been a great warrior for the Talbot club and there is no doubt that given the occassion, he is still capable ofl producing the goods.

You really don't rate bushy do ya. I'm tippin Harcourt aswell tho.

Yeah I guess I dont rate them but I just think Harcourt at home against them are a sure thing. Bushy at home are a far different proposition though! I reckon Harcourt easily! Apparently a couple of Bushy senior players just didn't turn up last week when they were selected so even though they beat Avoca I get the feeling they are still a rabble!

how did roger davies go in his 273rd senior game for the botters on sat
think he was due to break the senior club record of g. barass
get in the best or boot a snag roll, maybe ??

He didn't have his best game no but then again quite a few didn't. He had been in great form the 2 previous weeks against Brook and Maldon however. Roger is the type of player that opposition clubs wont notice as he is not flashy but his physical presence around the ball and his leadership is of immense value to our young side. He is also a legend off the field. I still think he has another good 2-3 seasons at least left in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back