Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bushy gave Avoca a lesson on how to play football Crank!!! The club's pretty happy to have them well down the ladder. A defeat on Saturday would make it very difficult for them to make the five.

I see Tim Heeenan is back from an extended stay overseas. Tim played for the Maryborough club before heading out to Carisbrook a couple of seasons ago. Will be another addition for the Redbacks.

Roger Davies is a great player and A grade fellow, Played OK but I felt that he is not moving quite as freely as he used to. Age might be catching up a little bit. He has been a great warrior for the Talbot club and there is no doubt that given the occassion, he is still capable ofl producing the goods.

Tim Heenan could fill a key defensive post yeah??? I cant remember him but if so that would be a good addition for the Redbacks.

Its a very interesting second half of the year coming up. Any one of those top 4 sides can win it on their day one gets the feeling.

There is a chance for upsets this round for sure but nothing that i'm really prepared to gamble on!

$2435 on Harcourt @$1.25 please Crank!

Interesting that you didn't take the odds offered about Talbot King.
The defeat by Bushy put aside, Avoca probably rate the Newstead match against Newstead on their home ground as the toughest game the club has experienced to date.
I don't want to put the mozz on Talbot King, but I would rate this as the match that has the greatest potential to produce an upset.
A few injuries out your way may also test Talbot's depth. Only time will tell.

Interesting that you didn't take the odds offered about Talbot King.
The defeat by Bushy put aside, Avoca probably rate the Newstead match against Newstead on their home ground as the toughest game the club has experienced to date.
I don't want to put the mozz on Talbot King, but I would rate this as the match that has the greatest potential to produce an upset.
A few injuries out your way may also test Talbot's depth. Only time will tell.

I rate Newstead very highly Wonker and feel that they are a much better side than their ladder position suggests! Just think Harcourt at home are a far safer bet than Talbot. We are a little undermanned for tomorrow but we have reasonable depth and the side on the park should still be able to get the job done!

I rate Newstead very highly Wonker and feel that they are a much better side than their ladder position suggests! Just think Harcourt at home are a far safer bet than Talbot. We are a little undermanned for tomorrow but we have reasonable depth and the side on the park should still be able to get the job done!

were r trentham at i here there coach is a gun

king rich is richard fagan playing yet and how is chris cobbledick going there as well is he over his injure's

I don't really have anything to do with this league, but i happened to run into the new coach of trentham during preseason and he told me that they were going to have an awesome side, and if they don't make finals then he should be sacked as coach. Following results in the paper however it appears they haven't gone close to winning a game. Has something gone terribly wrong or was he just talking sh.it to me

king rich is richard fagan playing yet and how is chris cobbledick going there as well is he over his injure's

Richie wont be playing with us this year as his first clearance was rejected and another was not submitted. Chris Cobbledick played out a full game yesterday in the reserves and went ok.

I don't really have anything to do with this league, but i happened to run into the new coach of trentham during preseason and he told me that they were going to have an awesome side, and if they don't make finals then he should be sacked as coach. Following results in the paper however it appears they haven't gone close to winning a game. Has something gone terribly wrong or was he just talking sh.it to me

I spoke to a number of Trentham committee men before the season and they were very confident that their recruiting would pay rich dividends this year! But yeah unfortunately they just haven't got close to a win. They are a very undisciplined side and their best shot is probably against Dunolly in a few weeks.

Talbot v Newstead game yesterday was a scrappy affair which we managed to grind out for a good win in the end. Talbot had plenty of players out and I also noticed that Trethowan didn't play for Newstead which I think would have hurt their chances a bit. They jumped us early and were up by 4-5 goals but we pegged this back before quarter time and were on top for most of the day. Newstead are really missing their big forward targets that they have had over the last couple of years and also struggled to match up on our forwards.

Big Test this week against Harcourt who look to be ominously finding form! Bit rough when you win a game like Talbot did and drop from 2nd to 4th! Very even comp.

Talbot v Newstead game yesterday was a scrappy affair which we managed to grind out for a good win in the end. Talbot had plenty of players out and I also noticed that Trethowan didn't play for Newstead which I think would have hurt their chances a bit. They jumped us early and were up by 4-5 goals but we pegged this back before quarter time and were on top for most of the day. Newstead are really missing their big forward targets that they have had over the last couple of years and also struggled to match up on our forwards.

Good result fot Talbot King - it's always a good sign when a team can fight back when behind. A few big games coming up this weekend. Talbot v Harcourt, Rovers v Maldon & Avoca v Carisbrook. The ladder will be interesting to look at after this weekend's matches. Been a great year for the MCDFL - the only games you can be sure of winning are those against Trentham and Dunolly. Dunolly has a handful of talented kids. Could make the nucleus of a reasonable side in the future if they are managed properly.

3 very interesting games this weekend which will have a big bearing on the ladder. Talbot v Harcourt, Brook v Avoca & Rovers v Maldon.

Who does everyone think will grab that last spot in the 5?? Rovers currently have it but I think Maldon and Newstead will sneak in come years end. Both of these sides were very competitive against Talbot. I think Newstead are a lot better than where they currently sit and can still play some good footy, they miss Pedretti, Christmas, Oliver and Trethowan in their forward line massively though. Ramsey is going ok but he is the only target. All 3 of these sides have a similar draw so it will be very close. Bushy are still in the mix as well I suppose if they can get their act together.

The loser of the Talbot v Harcourt game may find it difficult to get into the top 3 come seasons end so is a big game for both clubs. Harcourt have the toughest draw out of the top 4 in the run home so this is critical for them.

Brook v Avoca will be very interesting. If Brook has improved as much as they appear to have then they could be a very good chance to knock off Avoca. Avoca aren't overly quick so Brooks pace may worry them. Avoca will stitch up top spot with a win though one would think.

If Maldon can account for Rovers at home this weekend I think that will almost be enough for them to creep into the 5 come seasons end. I'm not sure they will be super competitive on the bigger Princes Park but are very dangerous on the small Maldon oval.

3 very interesting games this weekend which will have a big bearing on the ladder. Talbot v Harcourt, Brook v Avoca & Rovers v Maldon.

Who does everyone think will grab that last spot in the 5?? Rovers currently have it but I think Maldon and Newstead will sneak in come years end. Both of these sides were very competitive against Talbot. I think Newstead are a lot better than where they currently sit and can still play some good footy, they miss Pedretti, Christmas, Oliver and Trethowan in their forward line massively though. Ramsey is going ok but he is the only target. All 3 of these sides have a similar draw so it will be very close. Bushy are still in the mix as well I suppose if they can get their act together.

The loser of the Talbot v Harcourt game may find it difficult to get into the top 3 come seasons end so is a big game for both clubs. Harcourt have the toughest draw out of the top 4 in the run home so this is critical for them.

Brook v Avoca will be very interesting. If Brook has improved as much as they appear to have then they could be a very good chance to knock off Avoca. Avoca aren't overly quick so Brooks pace may worry them. Avoca will stitch up top spot with a win though one would think.

If Maldon can account for Rovers at home this weekend I think that will almost be enough for them to creep into the 5 come seasons end. I'm not sure they will be super competitive on the bigger Princes Park but are very dangerous on the small Maldon oval.

It is a great week for MCDFL footy. It will be a tough job for crank to give the odds.

Talbot v Harcourt will be a great match as will Carisbrook v Avoca. Pity the MCDFL couldn't go a Saturday/Sunday with these 2 games as I'd like to get to both.

Talbot should get the points as Harcourt have definetly got weaker.

Avoca v Carisbrook will come down to who is unwavering in their attack on the footy.

Maldon should sneak in for fifth spot.

I saw Harcourt at the weekend and they look to have some passion back into their side. I would expect a big last half season from them. They will beat Talbot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a great week for MCDFL footy. It will be a tough job for crank to give the odds.

Talbot v Harcourt will be a great match as will Carisbrook v Avoca. Pity the MCDFL couldn't go a Saturday/Sunday with these 2 games as I'd like to get to both.

Talbot should get the points as Harcourt have definetly got weaker.

Avoca v Carisbrook will come down to who is unwavering in their attack on the footy.

Maldon should sneak in for fifth spot.

all this speculation of teams shaping the top 5 is exciting..with half of the season gone can anyone give some bold predictions on say the final ladder positions come seasons end, the grand finalists (premiers), league medalist and leading goalkicker??

il have a go..
Ladder
Avoca
Talbot
Carisbrook
Harcourt
Maldon

Grand Finalists: Avoca (Premiers) Vs Brook
Medal: Bellenger, Smith, Ramsey, Harris (no order)
Goalkicking: Coughlan over robbins (both exciting talents)

geez its pretty hard to do but theres an attempt guys

Talbot v Harcourt will be a good encounter.... We have our work cut out for us at this stage of the year as a lot of clubs do with injuries etc but we will field a more than competitive side. We feel we can get the points, but Harcourt over there are always tough and they are on the improve.

Ladder at seasons end:

Avoca, Talbot, Harcourt, Brook, Maldon

Grand Finalists: Talbot v Harcourt.

League Medal: M.Smith, Bellenger, P.Cummins, Ramsey, Coghlan, Robins. Gee its tough. I dont think Harris will figure though.

Goalkicking: I reckon young Coghlan will take it out. Stoney will be pushing him very hard come seasons end though.

Speaking to a few Bushy boys over the weekend they reckon that Harcourt weren't that much so will be interesting to see them first hand. I have my suspicions they are building for September though.

You make a good point TB. Would be worth the league having a quick look at the draw before the season starts and maybe having a couple of marquee games on a Sunday at Princes Park during the year. Bit tough with the late start this year I guess. Rovers v Maldon will almost decide which of those 2 gets in you woudl think.

Can anyone fill me in on the progress of Tom Sutherlands injury, heard it was a bit serious and had the big man laid up for a few days! Will be a loss for talbot the games he does miss....

Talbot v Harcourt will be a good encounter.... We have our work cut out for us at this stage of the year as a lot of clubs do with injuries etc but we will field a more than competitive side. We feel we can get the points, but Harcourt over there are always tough and they are on the improve.

Ladder at seasons end:

League Medal: M.Smith, Bellenger, P.Cummins, Ramsey, Coghlan, Robins. Gee its tough. I dont think Harris will figure though.

Goalkicking: I reckon young Coghlan will take it out. Stoney will be pushing him very hard come seasons end though.

Speaking to a few Bushy boys over the weekend they reckon that Harcourt weren't that much so will be interesting to see them first hand. I have my suspicions they are building for September though.

You make a good point TB. Would be worth the league having a quick look at the draw before the season starts and maybe having a couple of marquee games on a Sunday at Princes Park during the year. Bit tough with the late start this year I guess. Rovers v Maldon will almost decide which of those 2 gets in you woudl think.

Grand Finalists: Avoca and Carisbrook.
League Medal: Bellenger
Goal Kicking: Coghlan

This season is a great one for the MCDFL. The top 4 teams are teams that have had premiership success. Avoca were a powerhouse in the old LFL, Talbot's record speaks for itself, Brooks had a great record over the last decade too, and Harcourt were winners last year. I don't think any of these teams will be overawed in September. 5th spot is only making up the numbers and will cop a beating in the elimination final.

On the Sunday game, it is tough to forecast who the better teams will be and etc at the start of the year. Although a month or so ago, the MCDFL could have made the decision to put one of these games on a Sunday. It might stuff a few around but the gate takings would be higher than on the Saturday and would create great interest around Maryborough. I know people plan 21st birthdays and stuff on Saturday nights which makes the Sunday game a pain in the arse but it's more money for the clubs which is always good.

Look how the VCFL Sunday game went for Avoca last year against Brook. Avoca reportedly made a lot of money that day and was quite a spectacle.

Ladder at seasons end:

Top 5

Avoca
Harcourt
Brook
Talbot
Maldon

Grand Final = Harcourt v Brook

League Medal - Ramsey, Aaron Bell, Kris Lea, Bench. Plenty More.

Goal Kicking = Stone

Premiership Odds!

Harcourt $2
Newstead $5
Carisbrook $8
Rovers $11
Talbot $21
Avoca, Maldon $31
Cambells Creek, Dunolly $101
Trentham $501

Thought it would be interesting to bring up the old flag odds.

Odds Now could be. I don't think Avoca had a coach when these odds were printed.

Avoca $2.90
Talbot $4
Carisbrook $4
Harcourt $5
Maldon $17
Rovers $25
Royal Park $31
Newstead $51
Dunolly $151
Trentham $501

King Rich $3,043
Candy Man $1,725
Morrie Morals $1,200
Dr. Phil $1,056
Mobbenfuher $980
Nossi5 $500
Old School Biff $0
MightyRoar $0
Rojer Ramjet $0
Nonamehack $0
Iron Beast $0

Round 10 odds.

Rovers ($2.10) v Maldon ($1.65)
Avoca ($1.50) v Carisbrook ($2.50)
Newstead ($1.08) v Dunolly ($10)
Harcourt ($1.90) v Talbot ($1.90)
Royal Park ($1.08) V Trentham ($10)

King Rich $3,043
Candy Man $1,725
Morrie Morals $1,200
Dr. Phil $1,056
Mobbenfuher $980
Nossi5 $500
Old School Biff $0
MightyRoar $0
Rojer Ramjet $0
Nonamehack $0
Iron Beast $0

Round 10 odds.

Rovers ($2.10) v Maldon ($1.65)
Avoca ($1.50) v Carisbrook ($2.50)
Newstead ($1.08) v Dunolly ($10)
Harcourt ($1.90) v Talbot ($1.90)
Royal Park ($1.08) V Trentham ($10)

gee if i was in the betting game i wouldnt mind a bit on dunolly this week. could be way of the mark but they gave rovers a bit of a scare the other week and have got a few to come back in since that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back