Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWENTY-eight point loss to the Apple Boys yesty, K Rich and Shermo.
Were you ever a chance. Maybe you led early and they steamed home ??
What's your run home like to end of August and can you Botters still make it to the top 3 and the finals' double chance ??

Slow start, felt we were a chance for most of the day but never got closer than a couple of goals. Disappointing game to lose but we are due to get several key players back from injury over the next few weeks and have a decent run home so we are certainly a chance for top 3 still. That loss has made it hard though.

Harcourt are the side to beat still this year I feel. Very well drilled side.

treacy will be a massive loss for carisbrook this weekend, getting married this sat back in kerang and then off to tassie for a few days to make the next batch of treacy's. Would think that this will leave carisbrook with a big hole to fill, will definately make the game much more interesting, think i might tip an upset win to newstead!

treacy will be a massive loss for carisbrook this weekend, getting married this sat back in kerang and then off to tassie for a few days to make the next batch of treacy's. Would think that this will leave carisbrook with a big hole to fill, will definately make the game much more interesting, think i might tip an upset win to newstead!

What gear do you smoke alfie? Treacy has got a few girls on the go, but do'nt think he has forward contracted any just yet !!

What gear do you smoke alfie? Treacy has got a few girls on the go, but do'nt think he has forward contracted any just yet !!

This must be a shotgun wedding?(Wedding code word for injury?) Luke kept his options open as far as i was aware. The young bloke must be going ok down that part of the world? Thought he would get a few kicks in the MCDFL after doing a good job as a young bloke at Kerang in a very good side.

Whats the story with Royal Park at present, been early 90's since they got near a grand final and havnt looked much good since? Why do they struggle to attract players, dont spend the $$? Were once a very strong and proud club.

how is old **** glen wills going this year ? is he coaching talbot ? what about 2 players from avoca bellinger and dom lloyd going ? doms a top block and cam go too

how is old **** glen wills going this year ? is he coaching talbot ? what about 2 players from avoca bellinger and dom lloyd going ? doms a top block and cam go too

Willsy still has his exceptional skills. His body has taken its fair share of wear and tear over the years and it's probably slowing him down a bit. Was a great player and clubman while at Avoca. It was input by fellows like him that kept Avoca afloat during the dismal days endured when competing in the LPFL The Avoca club will always have nothing but admiration for him.

Tony Bellenger has played some inspired football throughout the year. He has exceeded the club's expectations to date, he is well respected and I'm sure the boys would like to reward his leadership with a premiership some time in the future. Dom was given a job on Saturday and he did it well. Unfortunately Avoca went down to Brook who proved itself to be the better side on the day.

It was a terrific day for the MCDFL and football in general. A huge gate and I would be surprised if anybody went home thinking that they hadn't got their money's worth.

Willsy has had a few very good games for the botters this year! He is currently out injured and trying to get himself set for a big second half of the year!

As Wonker said is a tremendous clubman and has contributed to the Talbot FC in a number of ways since arriving this year!

Royal Park are currently struggling. Not much cash and enthusiasm around from players and committeemen.

Royal Park look to me as though it might be struggling in the area of junior development. No Auskick and no U14's this season all points to difficult times ahead. The band of hard working people behind the scenes at Bushy are obviously flat out keeping the club going. What is needed is probably some more enthusiastic people to help out in the junior development area. Where you get these enthusiastic people from? I'm not too sure. Maryborough Football Club and Rovers have themselves very well organised in this area as does the soccer. There are only so many numbers available and as history shows it is usually the teams with the strongest junior development program that survives.
It wasn't all that many years ago that Bushy were the trend setters in junior development and history shows that they certainly reaped the rewards during that era.

is danile bennett haven a kick for the park this year ? if so hows he going ? loves a drink the little fella top clubman . should never have left ycw this year as they could have used him this year . glad to hear that willsy belly and dom are all still going good .willsy has been a top person for many years now dont no many ppl that would say a bad thing about him .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about young Nick coghlan? Killing them in the seniors and still able to play under 17s. Should be playing at higher level eg, rebels.:eek:

Nick had a try out for rebels. An injury he carried through pre-season made it difficult for him. He will no doudt play at a higher level at some time in his career. He is now injury free and playing exciting football.

How about young Nick coghlan? Killing them in the seniors and still able to play under 17s. Should be playing at higher level eg, rebels.:eek:

agree nick is a very very good player and could be anything at this stage, rumour has it that he went down to rebels but they wanted him to be an onballer, he told them that he was a forward and they virtually said go away........ as i said it was only a rumour i heard maybe wonker or shamui could shed more light on the situation.

Nick had a try out for rebels. An injury he carried through pre-season made it difficult for him. He will no doudt play at a higher level at some time in his career. He is now injury free and playing exciting football.

hey wonker i heard a roumur that a couple of local blokes have made a come back this year. people are asking me if these players are glorey hunters and have jumped on the bandwagon and if they aren't glorey hunters then where were they when the going was tough at the club as these 2 players haven't played in 8 years. i couldn't answer them and didn't want to tread on anyones toes so i thought you might be able to answer the question

How about people's thoughts on Dunolly's junior list currently playing seniors? An average age of 18.4 with around 10 players under 18 is a fair effort for them to be as competitive as they are.

Yes with the likes of L.Liddicoat, J.Thompson, D.Bilton, K.Lierich and a few more coming through the ranks they should be a force to recon with in the coming seasons if they can manage to keep the kids.

Yes with the likes of L.Liddicoat, J.Thompson, D.Bilton, K.Lierich and a few more coming through the ranks they should be a force to recon with in the coming seasons if they can manage to keep the kids.

these players should be senior players but i can't see it happening for the next 5 yrs. i feel sorry for young bilton as he has the pressure from his old man to be as good if not better than his brother and its only going to make or cause him to play worse as he doesn't want to be in the same situation. all these kids are good players as i coached against them last yr. liddicoat and lierich wikk develop quicker than the others but shouldn't be pushed as it could push them the other way and will cause them more problems in future. dunolly has always had great kids sides but nothing has eventuated out of it.

hey wonker i heard a roumur that a couple of local blokes have made a come back this year. people are asking me if these players are glorey hunters and have jumped on the bandwagon and if they aren't glorey hunters then where were they when the going was tough at the club as these 2 players haven't played in 8 years. i couldn't answer them and didn't want to tread on anyones toes so i thought you might be able to answer the question

I agree Mothman, Moose and Cliffy have made long awaited comebacks. They certainly had the ablity to turn a game before they went into self imposed retirement. I'm hoping that both Moose and Cliffy can recapture the silky skills they both possessed in the past and go on to cover themselves with glory. Good point you made there Mothman. Obviously you will have to tell the people who inquired that the rumour is true.

Mothman - you might be interested to know that the club is celebrating the ten year reunion of season 1997 when all the Avoca football teams went premiers. It was a very unique event to have the thirds, reserves and seniors all win on the one day.

Invitations to the reunion have been sent to many parts of Victoria and interstate. The weekend will consist of a full compliment of football and netball games against Newstead on Sat 4th Aug followed by tea at the clubrooms then on to the Shire Hall for a cabaret with the top Bendigo band 'The Regular Joes'.

A social day will be held at the clubrooms on Sunday 5th and will incorporate the running of the 'Cow Pat' Lotto. Would be good to see you there Mothman if you could possibly manage to squeeze it into your social calendar. All's set for a great weekend.

agree nick is a very very good player and could be anything at this stage, rumour has it that he went down to rebels but they wanted him to be an onballer, he told them that he was a forward and they virtually said go away........ as i said it was only a rumour i heard maybe wonker or shamui could shed more light on the situation.

Probably some substance to what you are saying Sherman. It is worth noting that Nick has matured a great deal from the start of the season. As his football skills have developed so to has Nick's approach to the game. He looks after his body - non drinker and non smoker, is well respected by team mates and has been a solid contributor behind the scenes.
Another product of the Avoca football club's strong junior development program.

I agree Mothman, Moose and Cliffy have made long awaited comebacks. They certainly had the ablity to turn a game before they went into self imposed retirement. I'm hoping that both Moose and Cliffy can recapture the silky skills they both possessed in the past and go on to cover themselves with glory. Good point you made there Mothman. Obviously you will have to tell the people who inquired that the rumour is true.

Wonker, I'm pretty sure that they are not the 2 blokes that were rumoured to have made a comeback!! Unless these 2 blokes have nicknames as the ones mentioned above!!

Hey Mothy! I know the blokes you're talking about and I reckon glory hunters might be a little harsh. Both have been avid supporters of the club in their retirement and are present at most games. Also their younger brother is playing a milestone game (300) in a couple of weeks, you can't blame them for wanting to share in that with him. I'm sure he would be thrilled to play in the game along side his brothers as well.

Anyway, trust all is well over GW way. How many goals so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back