Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if these type of exact figures should be put on a public forum. Football delegates are privied to this information and it's debatable if it should be put out in the public. Just my opinion.

Understand what you are saying Rich, but I agree with Bucko. This type of information should be discussed with the league and community at large. The delegates porbably have their hands full with their own club, and by announcing this type of information to the public, could lead to people with the relevant skills being willing to lend a hand (take-over may be one step too far Bucko). These type of results probably highlight the need for more individuals to lend a helping hand to the people who currently bust their chops for the league.

should these issues be discussed on jeff morris' new sports show cuming up in early jan for 2 weeks on the new phoenix fm
it will be on the same bendigo community frequency --- 895 fm
only diffrence beeing that it will be phoenix running that particulr frequency 4 a fortnite

Yeah fair points both. Just seems like a few blokes on here are on a bit of a witch hunt.... as long as it's constructive criticism it's a good thing!

What experience did Oliver have as an administrator/manager before taking over the Bendigo region?? I heard today that many doubt if he has the staff or resources to properly administer our league from there.

Also we should see a far greater standard of umpiring next year (thank god) due to the umpires joining with the Ballarat Hub. We will get umpires coming over from Rat and all umpires will be graded each week. Means the best umpires, which will be judged by administration and not the umps themselves, will umpire the 1s each week. Definately a positive move for our league.

Also we should see a far greater standard of umpiring next year (thank god) due to the umpires joining with the Ballarat Hub. We will get umpires coming over from Rat and all umpires will be graded each week. Means the best umpires, which will be judged by administration and not the umps themselves, will umpire the 1s each week. Definately a positive move for our league.

Spot on King, the umpiring should improve with the move to the BFUA, some of it has been pretty ordinary. (Although I wouldn’t be an ump for anything)

I reckon that Steve Addlem is a ripper though! :rolleyes: Very good Umpire! :rolleyes: You ask him!:)

On another matter, can anyone tell me why the MCDFL stopped playing finals at Castlemaine and how long ago did they stop?

I don't believe this decision would have been too popular when it was brought in?

Spot on King, the umpiring should improve with the move to the BFUA, some of it has been pretty ordinary. (Although I wouldn’t be an ump for anything)

I reckon that Steve Addlem is a ripper though! :rolleyes: Very good Umpire! :rolleyes: You ask him!:)

On another matter, can anyone tell me why the MCDFL stopped playing finals at Castlemaine and how long ago did they stop?

I don't believe this decision would have been too popular when it was brought in?

Best thing to happen to the league in a long time!!!

Simo

A break from the constant administration chatter....

i cannot confirm yet but i am led to believe that Shaun Smith has tentatively agreed to taking over the reigns at harcourt from his namesake Daniel Smith!?

Again i cannot say this with 100% certainty but i am very confident in my source in that he for the moment has accepted the role! (sometimes shaun doesnt plan too far forward) they are still very much in the process of recruiting and things look good for the apple eaters! how do u guys feel about the appointment?

Candy

Correct Candy - Shaun Smith will coach Harcourt in 2008 - 100%

A break from the constant administration chatter....

i cannot confirm yet but i am led to believe that Shaun Smith has tentatively agreed to taking over the reigns at harcourt from his namesake Daniel Smith!?

Again i cannot say this with 100% certainty but i am very confident in my source in that he for the moment has accepted the role! (sometimes shaun doesnt plan too far forward) they are still very much in the process of recruiting and things look good for the apple eaters! how do u guys feel about the appointment?

Candy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Smith playing on i assume. Will still be a great leader for them. Have seen Sean get quite anamated towards his team mates in the past will have to be the cool head under pressure like daniel always has been. Will be an interesting one to say the least..

I have been told that the role may be a 3 way coaching panel with Shaun Smith, Blakey and 1 other individual all with an equal say.......

Definitely Sean Smith. He is the one doing the wheeling and dealing with players. But yes Michael Blake and I would Assume Paul Eyles will be very much involved as well.

Daniel Smith playing on i assume. Will still be a great leader for them. Have seen Sean get quite anamated towards his team mates in the past will have to be the cool head under pressure like daniel always has been. Will be an interesting one to say the least..

Agreed Crank. Does seem to lose his cool at times and this will be his greatest test as coach I would think. I thought Eyles was gone?? Has Harcourt lost anyone at this stage??

Talbot at this stage will field a stronger side than last year. Lost 1 or 2 senior players, as happens every year, and have picked up a number of senior players.

having seen quite a lot of harcourts football in recent years i would have agreed with the above statement on daniel up until this season crank..i felt he failed to keep that "cool head" in pressure situations a few too many times this season when it counted..finals are an intense ball game but the most vivid memories include the prelim final against brook where both he and shaun lost their heads and gave away a number of very silly and off the ball free kicks, which ultimately should have cost them the game and again when dan was on the end of a coughlan hiding (isnt the first and certainly not the last from the kid) as a supporter i just didnt expect this to come from the leader of our club..did u see these games crank?
but it is very easy as an ex-footballer and when u arent out there (this is by no means critiscism)
he seemed to become frustrated and who knows this may have contributed to his decision to stand aside from the coaching position.

all the best to shaun for 08, fantastic footballer and hopefully a premiership coach to add to the already impressive CV :thumbsu:

having seen quite a lot of harcourts football in recent years i would have agreed with the above statement on daniel up until this season crank..i felt he failed to keep that "cool head" in pressure situations a few too many times this season when it counted..finals are an intense ball game but the most vivid memories include the prelim final against brook where both he and shaun lost their heads and gave away a number of very silly and off the ball free kicks, which ultimately should have cost them the game and again when dan was on the end of a coughlan hiding (isnt the first and certainly not the last from the kid) as a supporter i just didnt expect this to come from the leader of our club..did u see these games crank?
but it is very easy as an ex-footballer and when u arent out there (this is by no means critiscism)
he seemed to become frustrated and who knows this may have contributed to his decision to stand aside from the coaching position.

all the best to shaun for 08, fantastic footballer and hopefully a premiership coach to add to the already impressive CV :thumbsu:

I would disagree entirely there Candy. Daniel is a fantastic leader. I can't recall the Brook game and freekicks. The grand final coghlan was beating D. Smith all ends up he just kept battling away then when he knew he was beating swapped Bell onto him who was a better match up the correct move for the team.

In the above statement I stated D. Smith was a cool headed leader and perhaps Sean might not be. I don't believe his frustration would of lead to him standing aside either. You sound like a critical supporter of Daniel and perhaps this may have been a reason he stood aside....? Can't take Back to Back flags away which is a great achievement.

Agreed Crank. Does seem to lose his cool at times and this will be his greatest test as coach I would think. I thought Eyles was gone?? Has Harcourt lost anyone at this stage??

Talbot at this stage will field a stronger side than last year. Lost 1 or 2 senior players, as happens every year, and have picked up a number of senior players.

Eyles mightn't be able to play much footy this year because of a house renovation. But I believe he will still be involved heavily.

Daniel has been one of my best mates for over 10 years and I spent 2 years playing for harcourt so I think I might be fairly qualified to shed some light on the man. Firstly I stunned to read you say you are supporter you seem to be gloating about Daniel getting beaten by an opposition player??:thumbsdown: I wasnt at the game but I have spoken to Daniel weekly for the last 2 years as I have done for the last 10 and i know how hard it was for him having battled with a bad knee injury for the last 2 years that prevented him from playing alot of football. He has had to adjust from being a leader by example on the field and one of the teams best players (and a BOG Victorian REP) to a sidelines coach which he has never had to do before and watching his team win a flag from the sidelines. Then try and get his body right whilst concentrating on the team and all the individuals within that team. Then having to adjust his game to make up for some loss of speed and mobility which was one of his major assets then try to work his way back into form whilst keeping the team and club on track to win back to back grand finals. None of this is a very easy thing to do as a player let alone a playing coach so some frustration from time to time is understandable and you would expect him to receive nothing but support and encouragement from those at the club. He is standing aside because he believes he has done the best job he can and gotten the most out of the team which with the amount of big personalities and opinions would not be an easy one for a 25/6 year old to coach. He could go and try to coach to a threepeat but he puts the best interest of the team above his own. He has had a recent career change which means he cannot focus 120% on football so he would rather stand aside than not be able to give his all.... again a selfless act. Daniel loves the club and all the people there and he would do anything to help which is why he is staying on to play despite the numerous offers he receives every year. You try and summise his coaching in 1 qtr of football and a couple of free kicks........have a look at what he has done in the last 2 years and how he has had to do it and show some respect or dont call yourself a harcourt fan.

I would disagree entirely there Candy. Daniel is a fantastic leader. I can't recall the Brook game and freekicks. The grand final coghlan was beating D. Smith all ends up he just kept battling away then when he knew he was beating swapped Bell onto him who was a better match up the correct move for the team.

In the above statement I stated D. Smith was a cool headed leader and perhaps Sean might not be. I don't believe his frustration would of lead to him standing aside either. You sound like a critical supporter of Daniel and perhaps this may have been a reason he stood aside....? Can't take Back to Back flags away which is a great achievement.

you have entirely missed my point crank. i simply stated a possible reason and factor as too why dan decided to move on, im sure there are many as bloodhound has kindly elaborated on. having seen those games i considered that perhaps they had taken a toll on him, as i see this forum to a place for realistic discussion. never have i privately or used this thread for critiscism of daniel or any player, i see myself as an honest, keen observer of the football

Daniel has been one of my best mates for over 10 years and I spent 2 years playing for harcourt so I think I might be fairly qualified to shed some light on the man. Firstly I stunned to read you say you are supporter you seem to be gloating about Daniel getting beaten by an opposition player??:thumbsdown: I wasnt at the game but I have spoken to Daniel weekly for the last 2 years as I have done for the last 10 and i know how hard it was for him having battled with a bad knee injury for the last 2 years that prevented him from playing alot of football. He has had to adjust from being a leader by example on the field and one of the teams best players (and a BOG Victorian REP) to a sidelines coach which he has never had to do before and watching his team win a flag from the sidelines. Then try and get his body right whilst concentrating on the team and all the individuals within that team. Then having to adjust his game to make up for some loss of speed and mobility which was one of his major assets then try to work his way back into form whilst keeping the team and club on track to win back to back grand finals. None of this is a very easy thing to do as a player let alone a playing coach so some frustration from time to time is understandable and you would expect him to receive nothing but support and encouragement from those at the club. He is standing aside because he believes he has done the best job he can and gotten the most out of the team which with the amount of big personalities and opinions would not be an easy one for a 25/6 year old to coach. He could go and try to coach to a threepeat but he puts the best interest of the team above his own. He has had a recent career change which means he cannot focus 120% on football so he would rather stand aside than not be able to give his all.... again a selfless act. Daniel loves the club and all the people there and he would do anything to help which is why he is staying on to play despite the numerous offers he receives every year. You try and summise his coaching in 1 qtr of football and a couple of free kicks........have a look at what he has done in the last 2 years and how he has had to do it and show some respect or dont call yourself a harcourt fan.

appreciate your passionate response bloodhound. gloating, i find that odd. it was by no means gloating, with the power of hindsight it was poorly worded. i felt it was an honest assessment of the situation i was using as an example, and if anything i was trying to highlight the terrific effort of the opponent more-so than concentrate on daniel being defeated.
the post was done with the intention of discovering reasons for his departure which with your connections you have provided. i explained what i believed could be significant factors, and your reasons for frustration support these. a coach not showing passion would be an odd thing, i was just slighty suprised at the extent not having seen this type from him before. i dont feel at any stage did i attempt to judge or summarize his coaching, his record speaks for itself. i kept that part out, as far as im concerned he has quite a bit of coaching left.
as i said to crank, this forum is a place for frank, honest discussion which i feel i adhere to, never at any stage have i criticized hound. yes i am a supporter but for any discussion with any sense of honesty, remaining impartial gives that the best chance of happening!
candy

appreciate your passionate response bloodhound. gloating, i find that odd. it was by no means gloating, with the power of hindsight it was poorly worded. i felt it was an honest assessment of the situation i was using as an example, and if anything i was trying to highlight the terrific effort of the opponent more-so than concentrate on daniel being defeated.
the post was done with the intention of discovering reasons for his departure which with your connections you have provided. i explained what i believed could be significant factors, and your reasons for frustration support these. a coach not showing passion would be an odd thing, i was just slighty suprised at the extent not having seen this type from him before. i dont feel at any stage did i attempt to judge or summarize his coaching, his record speaks for itself. i kept that part out, as far as im concerned he has quite a bit of coaching left.
as i said to crank, this forum is a place for frank, honest discussion which i feel i adhere to, never at any stage have i criticized hound. yes i am a supporter but for any discussion with any sense of honesty, remaining impartial gives that the best chance of happening!
candy

In other words you had no idea what his reasons for standing down as coach are so you decided to speculate based on 1 game of football where like all other humans he got frustrated. What good does that do anyone? And by the way none of my factual reasons for him standing down supported your bulls..t theories. WHo the hell stands down from coaching because they were outplayed in one game........ you idiot.

In other words you had no idea what his reasons for standing down as coach are so you decided to speculate based on 1 game of football where like all other humans he got frustrated. What good does that do anyone? And by the way none of my factual reasons for him standing down supported your bulls..t theories. WHo the hell stands down from coaching because they were outplayed in one game........ you idiot.

getting a bit carried away, how long have u been out of the game? it's a fact of life and football that the leaders are expected to set an example in terms of behaviour, and they are always more heavily scrutinized than all others! he becomes frustrated and feels he no longer wants to be in the "hot seat" and subject himself to the pressure and expectations as coach, makes perfect sense to me. that was the possibility, seems logical, never came down to being outplayed in a game u are showing ur petulance..does the back pocket who loses his cool get subjected to the same examinations, no! cannot blame any coach for wanting to step aside from the role for those reasons. that was my suggestion.
and what good does it do anyone? we all love football in this league and are interested in why the multiple premiership hero of the all-conquering harcourt football club decides to relinquish the coaching position! mate i know i was interested as many are, im sorry i chose a public football forum to pose a question about an interesting topic! how silly of me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back