Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the draw been finalised yet Wonker??? Feels like this league is about the last every year to confirm their draw! Be nice to know when we are playing!! We could potentially be playing within a month but who knows!!!

The new administration is working diligently to make the start to the season as smooth as possible. As stated earlier, a decision will be made about C Creek's future tomorrow (Thursday) then the appropriate draw will be adopted. If C Creek doesn't come up I am led to believe that the league will do everything in its power to start the season on time. (5th April) The ten team draw would see a split round about mid-season, no footy on the long weekend in June and the season finish one week earlier which is a positive as at the moment it clashes with the Central Highland and Lexton Plain's grand finals. The league has planned a season's launch which will be held at the M'borough Social rooms on the 28th March. This night also coincides with the grand final of the night series. The launch was to be at the Highland Society but the venue had already been booked for another function.

The new administration is working diligently to make the start to the season as smooth as possible. As stated earlier, a decision will be made about C Creek's future tomorrow (Thursday) then the appropriate draw will be adopted. If C Creek doesn't come up I am led to believe that the league will do everything in its power to start the season on time. (5th April) The ten team draw would see a split round about mid-season, no footy on the long weekend in June and the season finish one week earlier which is a positive as at the moment it clashes with the Central Highland and Lexton Plain's grand finals. The league has planned a season's launch which will be held at the M'borough Social rooms on the 28th March. This night also coincides with the grand final of the night series. The launch was to be at the Highland Society but the venue had already been booked for another function.

Thanks Wonker.... less than a month before the real stuff begins!

What's the go wonky? Creek in or out?

What's the go wonky? Creek in or out?

Creek has got an extension on its extension. I believe that C/Creek, after its meeting with all stakeholders last Thursday has requested another week to get its act together. At this stage Creek is still pretty sure that it can come up with the required numbers to get up and running. Creek has got until next Thursday to lodge a minimum of 15 clearances before it will be deemed viable by the league. If this deadline is not met C/Creek are under the understanding that it will be curtains.
I suppose the positive from this is that the league has given Creek every opportunity to get going again. If the worst scenario happened and Creek doesn't come up there will be no way that Creek could say it wasn't given every chance to rise from the ashes.
If Creek do come up and apparently the club's powers to be are still confident, it will have been worth the wait to see a once proud club continue to survive.
The problem for other clubs, at the moment, is how do you print membership cards, set social calenders, book for functions etc,etc, when you don't know which draw will be adopted.
After all it is only five weeks before the advertised starting time to season 5th April 2008.

Had a good look at Rovers tonight - gave Calivil a footy lesson. Spoke to couple of the Calivil committee and they said that they were a long way below full strength. Some good signs though for Rovers with the Hedger boys set for a good season. Butch Kennedy showed enough to indicate he will be an assett. Young Hindy showed a few glimses of brilliance. The old man chose to sit the game out - he'll probaly be used as an impact player this year. No sign of Clark (ex Talbot) said to be nursing a sore leg. I thought Brad Fraser also looked a little restricted. Gunny played - dont know what's happened to the so called impending clearance to the Brook. Featherstone was another to show out at times. Also interested to see a couple of old Avoca ites in Fish and Nigs still running around in the Rovers colors. Daniel Wilson from Brook played - not super impressive but it is hard to star when you first walk into a new club. Not too sure what the go is there. Apparently trained with Dunolly earlier on, trained with Rovers and as recently as last Tuesday night, trained with Avoca. I'm not too sure if the boys chasing a dollar or not. You would think that if money was the issue that Carisbrook would accommodate him as it is well known that the Brook has more money to spend than Bill Gates.
Apart from that Rovers had a few recent acquisitions from the Maryborough Juniors running around and the club seems to be heading in the right direction, Certainly a final five contender.

Had a good look at Rovers tonight - gave Calivil a footy lesson. Spoke to couple of the Calivil committee and they said that they were a long way below full strength. Some good signs though for Rovers with the Hedger boys set for a good season. Butch Kennedy showed enough to indicate he will be an assett. Young Hindy showed a few glimses of brilliance. The old man chose to sit the game out - he'll probaly be used as an impact player this year. No sign of Clark (ex Talbot) said to be nursing a sore leg. I thought Brad Fraser also looked a little restricted. Gunny played - dont know what's happened to the so called impending clearance to the Brook. Featherstone was another to show out at times. Also interested to see a couple of old Avoca ites in Fish and Nigs still running around in the Rovers colors. Daniel Wilson from Brook played - not super impressive but it is hard to star when you first walk into a new club. Not too sure what the go is there. Apparently trained with Dunolly earlier on, trained with Rovers and as recently as last Tuesday night, trained with Avoca. I'm not too sure if the boys chasing a dollar or not. You would think that if money was the issue that Carisbrook would accommodate him as it is well known that the Brook has more money to spend than Bill Gates.
Apart from that Rovers had a few recent acquisitions from the Maryborough Juniors running around and the club seems to be heading in the right direction, Certainly a final five contender.

Wilson has put a price on his head. No secret there. Not bad for a kid who was in and out of the seniors last year.

Good effort to beat a perrenial powerhouse in Calivil United by Rovers.

As for Creek. Time is up I would think.They have had more than enough time to get this sorted out. I am a fan of the club and their committee, but if they haven't got the players now then they wont in a week either. They have been given every opportunity but now lets get on with it.

Can sum1 please give me some info on the Talbot footy Club. How did they go last year? How are they looking this year? Coach and gun players? Good bunch of blokes?? What is thier ground and club rooms like? Where do you reckon they will be this year???

Hey Wonker out tonight with some boys who played in the LVFL appparently you boys hav done very well with the recruits from Newbridge apparently Lakey easily the best defnder in the loddon valley. Is their much difference between LVFL and MCFL the best people to ask i suspect woud be the whiteheads as the have playd in both. How did they go last yrar?

The problem for other clubs, at the moment, is how do you print membership cards, set social calenders, book for functions etc,etc, when you don't know which draw will be adopted.
After all it is only five weeks before the advertised starting time to season 5th April 2008.

No worries that you are a committee man, easy to spot.

Spend two weeks blaming it on the Creek, a further two weeks talking about it, then expect the printer to turn it around in three days - which he will.

Then blame every function that you would have camelled anyway on "outside factors." Shit, it's Campbell Creek's fault.

Same ol', same ol'.

Perhaps if you are going to readmit a club to the league - it is best that you actually set the rules rather than the club hold the league to ransom.

Can sum1 please give me some info on the Talbot footy Club. How did they go last year? How are they looking this year? Coach and gun players? Good bunch of blokes?? What is thier ground and club rooms like? Where do you reckon they will be this year???

My view will be biased mate as I'm from the club but here is the rundown.

Finished 4th last year in a year where the top 4 was very close. Got done in a semi against eventual runner-up Avoca after leading at 3/4 time.

Looking to improve this year, with a number of good recruits. New coach is Ian Martin, who has previously coached at Talbot and spent the last 3 seasons at Castlemaine. Excellent group of blokes with a strong social atmosphere.... all love a beer. Top players in no particular order- Martin, Matt Smith, Matt Bond, Jeff Bux.

Our change rooms are big with pretty good facilities. Social rooms nice and big. Ground is a negative for the club but this is slowly improving. Lack of any rain to speak of is not helping.

As for where we will finish this year who knows. Definately finals.... where we place I have no idea. Hope that helps.

No worries that you are a committee man, easy to spot.

Spend two weeks blaming it on the Creek, a further two weeks talking about it, then expect the printer to turn it around in three days - which he will.

Then blame every function that you would have camelled anyway on "outside factors." Shit, it's Campbell Creek's fault.

Same ol', same ol'.

Perhaps if you are going to readmit a club to the league - it is best that you actually set the rules rather than the club hold the league to ransom.

It's not just creek that is putting the draw under pressure. Ground suitability is the other element. I have heard that the league will start on April 5 but Friday night matches, Saturday afternoon and night and Sunday games will be brought in on suitable grounds.

This creek thing is a joke. No clearances in suggests a problem.

Both Bonds playing for Maryborough the other night raised eyebrows around town KingRich. Fisher is very keen to get them from what I have heard.

Matt went quite well and Nath was serviceable. Both boys having a run with their uncle but both boys are still training at Talbot and as far as I know will be suiting up for Talbot this year. Matt in particular has been training well.

Fisher would be keen to sign anyone at this stage. Lost more than they have gained at Maryborough would that be a fair assumption?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt went quite well and Nath was serviceable. Both boys having a run with their uncle but both boys are still training at Talbot and as far as I know will be suiting up for Talbot this year. Matt in particular has been training well.

Fisher would be keen to sign anyone at this stage. Lost more than they have gained at Maryborough would that be a fair assumption?

I really don't follow Maryborough that closely. The only thing I heard out of Borough is that Aston is set to play 2's by personal choice due to work this year. He'll be a fair 2's player and really could have made a small fortune had he put himself on the MCDFL market.

:thumbsu: For the loyalty to Maryborough.

If he can't play one's as of work for maryborough what would make district league any different..they play at the same time..??

Simo

It was more training that I heard he can't make. Would be top 5 in the league even if he doesn't train.

I dont like capable players nominating themselves for reserves football on this basis. They should play where the coach and club thinks they can serve the club the best. He will still be a valuable senior member even without the training.

I really don't follow Maryborough that closely. The only thing I heard out of Borough is that Aston is set to play 2's by personal choice due to work this year. He'll be a fair 2's player and really could have made a small fortune had he put himself on the MCDFL market.

:thumbsu: For the loyalty to Maryborough.

I don't think Matty will travel back each weekend from Rockhampton to play twos for Maryborough. Sounds like that is where work is taking them. Will be a big loss for the club.

Mat Aston is one of best player still in the district. He is 100% class and i could understand if he wanted to play two's as week in week out he gets targeted and hit from pillar to post.

I've loved watching him play and he has been a servant to the club. From what i have been told he will be playing ones and is having one last roll of the dice so to speak.

It's not just creek that is putting the draw under pressure. Ground suitability is the other element. I have heard that the league will start on April 5 but Friday night matches, Saturday afternoon and night and Sunday games will be brought in on suitable grounds.

This creek thing is a joke. No clearances in suggests a problem.

One more day till darren the deadline and no more clarry clearances. Looks like its curtains for Campbells.

One more day till darren the deadline and no more clarry clearances. Looks like its curtains for Campbells.

Well there's a surprise... perhaps they can stop wasting everyones time now! I'm pretty sure that will mean round 1 games of:

Carisbrook v Maldon
Dunolly v Rovers
Talbot v Avoca
Royal Park v Newstead
Trentham v Harcourt

It's a shame for the other creek members as apparently they had a full complement of netballers and a junior side up and running. Just no senior players.

Well there's a surprise... perhaps they can stop wasting everyones time now! I'm pretty sure that will mean round 1 games of:

Carisbrook v Maldon
Dunolly v Rovers
Talbot v Avoca
Royal Park v Newstead
Trentham v Harcourt

It's a shame for the other creek members as apparently they had a full complement of netballers and a junior side up and running. Just no senior players.

I don’t think so guys!

Creek were accepted into the comp last night.

21 players registered at senior level with at least seven more to come.

Senior & Under 17 football teams and A,B & under 17 netball teams.

Round 1 to kick off with Friday Night game Rovers v Talbot on April 4th.
At this stage, that is, but looking at the state of some of the grounds, not sure if that will happen.

I don’t think so guys!

At this stage, that is, but looking at the state of some of the grounds, not sure if that will happen.

Awesome news for country footy! I really wanted Creek back as long as they will see out the season. Not fielding a 2's team is a shame but too much to ask. That's probably the way of the future and if that is what has to be done to make them survive, so be it.

The grounds are the big issue though. Most won't pass and with this heat, they are just going to get worse.

I don’t think so guys!

Good news and congrats to Creek if that is the case. I was of the understanding that they needed to have 15 clearances in not rego's??? Is it going to be difficult for them to keep their extra players after their best 22 if there is no reserves side on the park. Surely they can russle up a few oldies and use some kids. I guess that's up to them.

Excellent news about the night game.

Awesome news for country footy! I really wanted Creek back as long as they will see out the season. Not fielding a 2's team is a shame but too much to ask. That's probably the way of the future and if that is what has to be done to make them survive, so be it.

The grounds are the big issue though. Most won't pass and with this heat, they are just going to get worse.

The heat is killing country vic at the moment. No rain for as long as I can remember and constant 30+ is making it tough. Just need to try and keep getting the water on and hope for the best.

First round as I understand it will therefore be:

Rovers v Talbot
Campbells Creek v Carisbrook
Maldon v Dunolly
Avoca v Royal Park
Newstead v Trentham
Bye - Harcourt

Princes Park should be right to go. Creek could swap to Brook. Maldon would be fine. Avoca should be fine and Newstead could swap to Trentham. Therefore hopefully we should be able to get up and running on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back