Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hop on bushy if you think there at unders then. I don't rate bushy and while david forde is on holidays i think they will struggle.

Caught the final quarter of Talbot-Trentham...The Hawks looked pretty good...but the Saints struggled badly...

Didn't look fit...

Plenty of talk around town though that Trentham's two's are not out of the question come September.

Shamui
Is Clinton likely to join his brother Travis in the Avoca forward line or is that just another rumor going round?

Not really sure squirt. I would like to think he's a chance to pull on the red white and blue this season, I guess time will tell. He has been a spectator at a few games this season though. Would be very damaging in this league IMO....

Round 3.
Maldon ($2.10) v Newstead ($1.65)
Carisbrook ($4) v Harcourt ($1.20)
Dunolly ($2.80) v Trentham ($1.40)
Talbot ($1.20) v Royal Park ($4)
Avoca ($1.15) v Maryborough Rovers ($5)

Very harsh with your odds here I reckon Anchors, however I will have $50 on Dunolly and $50 on Maldon, just no real value in the others!!

Very harsh with your odds here I reckon Anchors, however I will have $50 on Dunolly and $50 on Maldon, just no real value in the others!!

I think most of the other games are cut and dry. Maldon are a fair show at home I think other than that not much value indeed.
Did Clarky play for Talbot on the W/E or someone else?

WHAT a shame --- what a waste really, I suppose --- to see the Ross boys piddling about in the leagues they are in currently.
They were tough, durable players for Maryborough in the major league BFL. What is it with blokes who won't commit to the training and discipline required at the higher level.
OK, so you may say they're getting on in age a bit. Then take a look at Reed Wills --- out of Maryborough to district league Loddon Valley, to have a gallop with Newbridge.
I have heard it said (by the Maryborough senior coach, actually) R. Wills couldn't be bothered with the extra training, fitness levels and discipline needed to cut it with Maryborough in the major league.

I think most of the other games are cut and dry. Maldon are a fair show at home I think other than that not much value indeed.
Did Clarky play for Talbot on the W/E or someone else?

Clarky played with Maryborough. Fordy and a couple others out for Bushy this week so I'm led to believe so I would expect Talbot to dispose of Bushy quite comfortably.

Caught the final quarter of Talbot-Trentham...The Hawks looked pretty good...but the Saints struggled badly...

Didn't look fit...

Plenty of talk around town though that Trentham's two's are not out of the question come September.

I dont think Trentham will challenge Harcourt, Talbot and Brook 2s come finals time but with a few more still to come in I could be wrong. Talbot had a few out in the 1s and 2s on Saturday which I would say had a fair say in the result. The team that beat Harcourt 2s the week before would have easily accounted for Trentham 2s but Trentham got the 4 points and that is what it is all about! They just looked a little slow, plenty of wily veterans, but perhaps not enough run to have a bit crack at it.

Round 3.

$500 on Talbot
$200 on Trentham
$200 on Maldon thanks also! I reckon they are a big show at home.. Not sure about the steaders yet.

Brook at 4s is also a little tempting as is Dunolly who if were bumped up a touch more would be a good outside bet

WHAT a shame --- what a waste really, I suppose --- to see the Ross boys piddling about in the leagues they are in currently.
They were tough, durable players for Maryborough in the major league BFL. What is it with blokes who won't commit to the training and discipline required at the higher level.
OK, so you may say they're getting on in age a bit. Then take a look at Reed Wills --- out of Maryborough to district league Loddon Valley, to have a gallop with Newbridge.
I have heard it said (by the Maryborough senior coach, actually) R. Wills couldn't be bothered with the extra training, fitness levels and discipline needed to cut it with Maryborough in the major league.

There seems to be alot of players who won't commit to the training and discipline required at maryborough must be tough. May aswell bring it up as you have randomly brought up the subject.

There seems to be alot of players who won't commit to the training and discipline required at maryborough must be tough. May aswell bring it up as you have randomly brought up the subject.

Jock enjoys to get on his high horse from time to time Crank! Its best just to let him go!

Would agree. I think Avoca will go a long way this season. Wonker and Shamui you would be getting very confident in figuring in that one day in September? Things seem to be going famously at the moment !!

I think my initial comments were that Avoca is a definite chance to make finals this season but it is a big ask to go from a position outside the five last season to the pinnacle in one year. The club isn't getting too far ahead of itself at his stage - just enjoying the fact that it's winning a few games.

All are looking forward to this Saturday's game against Rovers. The big test for our new ruckman Alex will come this Saturday against former Avoca ruckman in B Trotter. A contest that would be worth driving kilometres to see. Other good match ups will be a renewed Brett Pollard (former Avoca coach) up against Mick Wardlaw and coach Tony Bellenger along with goal sneak Glen 'fish' Travaille weaving his magic up forward. Hopefully a bit more depth this season might swing the pedulum the Bulldogs way.

You must take into account that people like the Ross boys have thousands of acres of crop to put in. As much as they would like to train hard and play at a higher standard, their livelihoods must take precidence over their sport.

Travis has been a great acquisition to the Avoca club. His knowledge of the game and the advice he is able to offer is most valuable The fact that he showed glimpses of his old form on Saturday is a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must take into account that people like the Ross boys have thousands of acres of crop to put in. As much as they would like to train hard and play at a higher standard, their livelihoods must take precidence over their sport.

Travis has been a great acquisition to the Avoca club. His knowledge of the game and the advice he is able to offer is most valuable The fact that he showed glimpses of his old form on Saturday is a bonus.

I'm with you on this one Wonker.

I would suggest that a good LPFL team like Carngham of last year would have comfortably got over Maryborough. I saw them twice in the finals and I will happily say that they had some players that are far beyond the quality of anyone at Maryborough and they would have physically beat your young skinny team to hell.

If you had a look at the Ross boys, you will realise the game at a major league is past them and they wouldn't be able to commit to it time wise. I would suggest that it is far better for them to actually be playing footy somewhere than not at all. Who cares if the standard is not up to your liking?

Hey Rich
How did Anton Roche go back in senior's after a best on performance in the twos the week before. Also how is new recruit Sam Albutt fairing?

Hey Rich
How did Anton Roche go back in senior's after a best on performance in the twos the week before. Also how is new recruit Sam Albutt fairing?

Anton played down back in the ones this week. We had few out and he probably personally wanted another week in the twos to get some more conditioning but he went well. Was pretty quiet in the backline for all the backman and his hardness cant be questioned so I would say he will hold his spot. Sam Allbutt has been a great pickup for the club and has been in the best is his first 2 outings. Been playing off a half back flank and is very poised when he gets the footy.

I would suggest that a good LPFL team like Carngham of last year would have comfortably got over Maryborough. I saw them twice in the finals and I will happily say that they had some players that are far beyond the quality of anyone at Maryborough and they would have physically beat your young skinny team to hell.

If you had a look at the Ross boys, you will realise the game at a major league is past them and they wouldn't be able to commit to it time wise. I would suggest that it is far better for them to actually be playing footy somewhere than not at all. Who cares if the standard is not up to your liking?

i agree with u thoroughbred, get of your high horse jock, just because the league may not be up to scratch with other leagues, atleast they are out there having a crack and playing footy....

I think my initial comments were that Avoca is a definite chance to make finals this season but it is a big ask to go from a position outside the five last season to the pinnacle in one year. The club isn't getting too far ahead of itself at his stage - just enjoying the fact that it's winning a few games.

All are looking forward to this Saturday's game against Rovers. The big test for our new ruckman Alex will come this Saturday against former Avoca ruckman in B Trotter. A contest that would be worth driving kilometres to see. Other good match ups will be a renewed Brett Pollard (former Avoca coach) up against Mick Wardlaw and coach Tony Bellenger along with goal sneak Glen 'fish' Travaille weaving his magic up forward. Hopefully a bit more depth this season might swing the pedulum the Bulldogs way.
i think avoca will find it very easy to defeat rovers on the weekend as i think rovers are going back on a down hill slide they rely on the same few players week in week out, they will be to slow, timmed and old for the dogs. rovers are past there best while the dogs are working there way up to it providing they don't make any silly selection descision's like they almost made in round 1.

Round 3.

Here we go the beast has $1350 to roll and i will put the lot on Maldon @ $2.10!

This is a poor post, totally disagree... Comfortably? They would have gone close to beating Maryborough but thats about it..... I hate it when you try to compare teams in different leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back