Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 2

Avoca ($1.25) v Maldon ($3.50)
Newstead ($2) v Carisbrook ($1.75)
Harcourt ($1.04) v Dunolly ($10)
Trentham ($3) v Talbot ($1.30)
Rovers ($1.40) v Royal Park ($2.80)

Dr. Phil you join if you like. Minimum bet is $50.

Hey Crank,
Coped a bit of flack off rock spider last week for tipping Avoca turned out ok though. I'll take Carisbrook this week for a $100.

Is shaun smith still playing for harcourt???.
And matthew balshaw??
What about glenn carson anyone know what hes doing?.
Played at harcourt as welll as castlemaine.

Standings After Round 2

Iron Beast $1,350
Old School $1,225
Morrie Morals $1,200
Candy Man $1,175
King Rich $1,165
Dr. Phil $1,115
Nossi5 $850
MightyRoar $762
Nonamehack $625

how did trentham go.hows there
coach going r they getting value 4 money or have they done there doe

They looked pretty poor on Sat. Very undisciplined and they are in need of a quality forward IMO. They looked better than the final score suggests though. They are a world better than they were last year!

Hey Fellas,
Went along to the Avoca Maldon game on the weekend and was very impressed by the new look Avoca side. I think Trav Ross will be a valuable asset to the side. He showed some great expereince and leadership and will only improve as the year goes on.

Hey Fellas,
Went along to the Avoca Maldon game on the weekend and was very impressed by the new look Avoca side. I think Trav Ross will be a valuable asset to the side. He showed some great expereince and leadership and will only improve as the year goes on.

Would agree. I think Avoca will go a long way this season. Wonker and Shamui you would be getting very confident in figuring in that one day in September? Things seem to be going famously at the moment !!

mmmm, interesting, how come he didnt go out there earlier b4 season started??? would think u wouldnt wait till after round 1......was he not happy out carisbrook????, and will carisbrook be able to make up for him.....

It's purely to do with him playing with both his brothers and 4 cousins. There is talk of Wendyn making his way out to Natte again which should be a decent mid season inclusion for the Swans.

Would agree. I think Avoca will go a long way this season. Wonker and Shamui you would be getting very confident in figuring in that one day in September? Things seem to be going famously at the moment !!

LTM, To use an old footy cliche 'we are taking it one week at a time down at the kennel'. Two great results to start the season has got the confidence up, but at the end of the day we are only 2 games in. After games against Harcourt, Talbot and Newstead we will have a better idea of where we are at.

Does anyone have detailed results of the Round 2? The one on the MCDFL website points to Round 1 again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LTM, To use an old footy cliche 'we are taking it one week at a time down at the kennel'. Two great results to start the season has got the confidence up, but at the end of the day we are only 2 games in. After games against Harcourt, Talbot and Newstead we will have a better idea of where we are at.

You'll come second this year which is what everyone is playing for thanks to Harcourt. :D

Do you think Trav Ross will last the season?

Harcourt 2 2 0 0 0 288 137 210.22% 8
Avoca 2 2 0 0 0 223 134 166.42% 8
Maryborough Rovers 2 2 0 0 0 152 115 132.17% 8
Talbot 2 1 1 0 0 235 145 162.07% 4
Carisbrook 2 1 1 0 0 215 165 130.30% 4
Royal Park 2 1 1 0 0 134 147 91.16% 4
Newstead 2 1 1 0 0 170 197 86.29% 4
Maldon 2 0 2 0 0 113 185 61.08% 0
Trentham 2 0 2 0 0 111 243 45.68% 0
Dunolly 2 0 2 0 0 129 302 42.72% 0

Interesting ladder early! Who are the big disappoints so far and who are the biggest surprise packets??

Avoca are playing well and have disposed of 2 reasonably good sides in Brook and Rovers and would be happy with these performances. Royal Park, Trentham and Dunolly will not play finals IMO. Not good enough. Maldon are capable but will need to get some wins on the board shortly. I believe the top 5 at the end of the year may consist of the teams that are currently in there. Newstead may take the place of one of these sides, more than likely Rovers.

Thoughts?

Maldon v Newstead
Carisbrook v Harcourt
Dunolly v Trentham
Talbot v Royal Park
Avoca v Maryborough Rovers

A very interesting round of matches this round with all games looking to be potentially good contests. The match at Brook seems to hold the most interest and will be a good challenge for Harcourt. Maldon v Newstead will be a closely fought encounter (Which they haven't been for several years) and the old arch rivals will both be keen to fire.

Trentham seniors should notch their first win for some time against Dunolly but Dunolly will know this is a game that on their day they are capable of winning. Talbot should dispose of Bushy and I expect Avoca to be far too strong for Rovers.

Do you think that you now have Carisbrook's measure after your great Rd 1 performance? I think that they may struggle as the season progress's, not enough height to compete with the better sides IMO.

good job rich and shermo
u were on the board pretty reasonably at 1/2 time in round 2 .... 9.6 to 2.5 for trentham
much better efort all round, IMHO
btw rich i stand by my comments on the bfl thread ---- romby did ring in to the radio program all fired up, especialy about the 2 zantucks

good job rich and shermo
u were on the board pretty reasonably at 1/2 time in round 2 .... 9.6 to 2.5 for trentham
much better efort all round, IMHO
btw rich i stand by my comments on the bfl thread ---- romby did ring in to the radio program all fired up, especialy about the 2 zantucks

Good observation that our 9.6 score was better than last week! You have a future in footy analysis yet! :p

Nah it was a better performance but the opposition wasn't super. We were still a little wasteful at times and should have been up by a bit more but we finished them off well!

Got no idea what you are talking about RE. the Zantucks though! You are a different kid Zakster............

Do you think that you now have Carisbrook's measure after your great Rd 1 performance? I think that they may struggle as the season progress's, not enough height to compete with the better sides IMO.

Hmmm interesting questions you post there LTM. I still maintain that Carisbrook have the potential to have a big say come september. The last three times we have played them we have performed pretty well.

Losing Meggs has been a big blow for them and the possible loss of Robinson to Natte will hurt them more. From what I can gather from previous posts the bloke Treacy should be able to step up and fill the void. They are big shoes to fill though, I guess their big test will be this weekend against Harcourt.

Round 3.
Maldon ($2.10) v Newstead ($1.65)
Carisbrook ($4) v Harcourt ($1.20)
Dunolly ($2.80) v Trentham ($1.40)
Talbot ($1.20) v Royal Park ($4)
Avoca ($1.15) v Maryborough Rovers ($5)

Shamui
Is Clinton likely to join his brother Travis in the Avoca forward line or is that just another rumor going round?

Shamui
Is Clinton likely to join his brother Travis in the Avoca forward line or is that just another rumor going round?

According to the Natte guys that is not a chance of leaving but the guy is totally unreliable as he plays only when he feels like it.

I think the drop in standard and pace would do him some good and we'd welcome him with open arms into the league.

Round 3.
Maldon ($2.10) v Newstead ($1.65)
Carisbrook ($4) v Harcourt ($1.20)
Dunolly ($2.80) v Trentham ($1.40)
Talbot ($1.20) v Royal Park ($4)
Avoca ($1.15) v Maryborough Rovers ($5)

What have Talbot done to enjoy such short odds Crank?

They couldn't keep up the pace with an underdone Harcourt in round one and then they beat last years wooden spooners. Are Bushy that bad?

What have Talbot done to enjoy such short odds Crank?

They couldn't keep up the pace with an underdone Harcourt in round one and then they beat last years wooden spooners. Are Bushy that bad?

Hop on bushy if you think there at unders then. I don't rate bushy and while david forde is on holidays i think they will struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back