Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maryborough Rovers U17 have appointed two new coaches and have had a few classy kids from Maryborough FC join them in J.Hooper, A.Jardine & R.O'Shea. Also add the inclusion of both Hind boys into that and there is a strong belief they will be playing finals this season.

Maryborough Rovers U17 have appointed two new coaches and have had a few classy kids from Maryborough FC join them in J.Hooper, A.Jardine & R.O'Shea. Also add the inclusion of both Hind boys into that and there is a strong belief they will be playing finals this season.

That's great but there are 6 teams that are pretty certain they will be playing finals. Harcourt, Avoca, Brook, Talbot, Rovers and Maldon. I'm amazed the talk about Maldon is minimal as they have brought in some seriously talented players and from what I have heard have been training with great numbers since before Christmas.

I'll go one better than saying they will be playing finals, they'll be top 3. Proven major league players coming into a district league will definitely cause match up head aches.

I would advise all teams in the finals race to to not get too far ahead of themselves and go by the old saying of "Take it one week at a time."

Trentham under 17s will be heading to barwon this saturday for a practice match against there under 18s. Trentham have recruited a gun player from the calder cannons. He is a handy on baller and kills it up forward. Definitly will be on of the top 5 players in season 2008.

Speaking of teams talking up finals chances. I have spoken to a few Trentham players and they are very happy in the new coach and new recruits. A few of them are apparently guns and the talk out of Trentham is that finals are in the equation for 2008.

Speaking of teams talking up finals chances. I have spoken to a few Trentham players and they are very happy in the new coach and new recruits. A few of them are apparently guns and the talk out of Trentham is that finals are in the equation for 2008.

I remember last year there coach said they would be top 3...

I remember last year there coach said they would be top 3...

We will know in a couple of weeks whether it's all puff. Young and Turnbull are very good footballers and I have heard a few of the other clearances in are more than handy. Don't expect an easy 4 points is the talk coming from that direction anyway.

We will know in a couple of weeks whether it's all puff. Young and Turnbull are very good footballers and I have heard a few of the other clearances in are more than handy. Don't expect an easy 4 points is the talk coming from that direction anyway.

Good to hear all the same...

That is some blind optimism. They were a mile off the pace last year and their lack of transfer in would suggest they will still be battling it out in the bottom 4.

That's great but there are 6 teams that are pretty certain they will be playing finals. Harcourt, Avoca, Brook, Talbot, Rovers and Maldon. I'm amazed the talk about Maldon is minimal as they have brought in some seriously talented players and from what I have heard have been training with great numbers since before Christmas.

I'll go one better than saying they will be playing finals, they'll be top 3. Proven major league players coming into a district league will definitely cause match up head aches.

I would advise all teams in the finals race to to not get too far ahead of themselves and go by the old saying of "Take it one week at a time."

I guess the talk is minimal because they are an out of town side and we simply dont hear anything about them. Majority, if not all posters on here are from the Maryborough area.

Maldon players that I have spoken to are confident they will go this year and have recruited very well. However they have missed out of a couple of players that they hoped to get and the loss of James back to Hepburn was unexpected. They always have a massive home ground advantage so if they can win most games at Maldon they should get in.

Personally I think Brook will be the yarkstick at this stage. They have added a couple more on-ballers but have addressed their major weakness of height. Avoca should hold, Harcourt (hopefully) will drop off with a few senior losses, Rovers due to some strong recruiting will now push up into premiership calculations but they still need to gel, Talbot should improve & Maldon will obviously improve. My current ladder prediction would be:

Carisbrook
Avoca
Harcourt
Talbot
Rovers

Maldon
Dunolly
Newstead
Trentham
Royal Park
Campbells Creek

I guess the talk is minimal because they are an out of town side and we simply dont hear anything about them. Majority, if not all posters on here are from the Maryborough area.

Maldon players that I have spoken to are confident they will go this year and have recruited very well. However they have missed out of a couple of players that they hoped to get and the loss of James back to Hepburn was unexpected. They always have a massive home ground advantage so if they can win most games at Maldon they should get in.

Personally I think Brook will be the yarkstick at this stage. They have added a couple more on-ballers but have addressed their major weakness of height. Avoca should hold, Harcourt (hopefully) will drop off with a few senior losses, Rovers due to some strong recruiting will now push up into premiership calculations but they still need to gel, Talbot should improve & Maldon will obviously improve. My current ladder prediction would be:

Carisbrook
Avoca
Harcourt
Talbot
Rovers

Maldon
Dunolly
Newstead
Trentham
Royal Park
Campbells Creek

Not a bad top 5. Bottom 6 might be a little off though. As long as the teams down there become more competitive, we'll all be happy.

Bushy will finish above Dunolly, Trentham and Creek. Bushy will not be that bad. Their numbers are better at training this year. It will be interesting to hear how they fare against Natte this weekend.

Newstead don't seem to have that many leaving. A few are coming in too so that is a wait and see in my book. Retiring list might be long though.

Trentham would be best to focus on winning 1 to 5 games as would Dunolly. Trentham has the same amount of ins than outs so they should at least maintain.

Dunolly is young and inexperienced so I would guess they will be hit and miss this year. More ins than outs is a good thing. Took a beating at the hands of Serp the other night so hopefully that doesn't knock their confidence for 6.

I'm not so sure about Creek even finishing the season.

Heard on the weekend that Adrian Gibson is kicking about at Talbot this year, not sure what ties he has out there but could sumone please confirm or deny this for me as i also heard when he was home for easter on the weekend he was seen having a meeting with the 'Tatyoon Money Men' who seem very keen to get his services again!

I'm not so sure about Creek even finishing the season.

You could be on the money there ear, an email was sent to clubs today from the Creek executive saying that as of Sunday 24th march, President Daryl Best, Secretary Sue Merlo and Treasurer Wayne Quinton have resigned their positions with the club and will cease to be involved in the running of the club.

Something to do with certain people telling them that it was time for the “Old Guard” to move on. Sounds like things aren't too rosey at Creek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard on the weekend that Adrian Gibson is kicking about at Talbot this year, not sure what ties he has out there but could sumone please confirm or deny this for me as i also heard when he was home for easter on the weekend he was seen having a meeting with the 'Tatyoon Money Men' who seem very keen to get his services again!

If the "Money Men" are his mates on the golf course then you might be onto something. The kid just went home to see mates.... met with no Tatyoon head honchos. Dont think he really appreciates blokes spinning lines about him so check ur fact sheet next post please! :)

Has been training at Talbot.

You could be on the money there ear, an email was sent to clubs today from the Creek executive saying that as of Sunday 24th march, President Daryl Best, Secretary Sue Merlo and Treasurer Wayne Quinton have resigned their positions with the club and will cease to be involved in the running of the club.

Something to do with certain people telling them that it was time for the “Old Guard” to move on. Sounds like things aren't too rosey at Creek.

That is very much unexpected. After doing the hard yards I would have thought they'd be the people to see it through! We are playing them this Saturday in a praccy so will know more then I guess.

Rovers and Maldon shorter than Talbot is interesting.

We are happy to be the under dogs in all honesty. We've had a good pre-season and are closing in on some more signings. I'm tipping Rovers treasurer will be handing out plenty more than what we will after the game next Friday. Hopefully that serves them well.

It's a shame to see these custodians of the club move on or be ousted.

Sometimes generational change can be good and sometimes bad, but certainly knowing Besty and Quincey, I would hate to see them cut ties altogether with a club they have put their heart and soul into for a period well in excess of a decade to my knowledge.

My only advice to the incoming committee - make sure the new treasurer is the most prudent and alert person possible.

You can read into that what you want.

We are happy to be the under dogs in all honesty. We've had a good pre-season and are closing in on some more signings. I'm tipping Rovers treasurer will be handing out plenty more than what we will after the game next Friday. Hopefully that serves them well.

That is ridiculous King Rich! I think you will find Rovers have been extremely fortunate with their recruitment this season and are definetly not spending $$$. All recruits have come for other reasons than the $$$. The club is going ahead strongly and these recruits can see this and are happy to jump aboard. Some quality players are on either $0 or taking big cuts to see success. More than I can say for some other clubs. I think King Rich you will find one player in your side will be taking home more than the Rovers side put together next Friday night!

That is ridiculous King Rich! I think you will find Rovers have been extremely fortunate with their recruitment this season and are definetly not spending $$$. All recruits have come for other reasons than the $$$. The club is going ahead strongly and these recruits can see this and are happy to jump aboard. Some quality players are on either $0 or taking big cuts to see success. More than I can say for some other clubs. I think King Rich you will find one player in your side will be taking home more than the Rovers side put together next Friday night!

hahaha funniest thing ive heard in a long time...

I think King Rich you will find one player in your side will be taking home more than the Rovers side put together next Friday night!

So you are saying Clark and Hind are out next week?;) It's widely speculated that you are not getting much change out of $1k a week for those 2.

Success might be a contributing factor but there are better chances in the local area for success IMO and Clark is leaving one of them.

If the "Money Men" are his mates on the golf course then you might be onto something. The kid just went home to see mates.... met with no Tatyoon head honchos. Dont think he really appreciates blokes spinning lines about him so check ur fact sheet next post please! :)

Has been training at Talbot.

Well has he signed or not,?? that was the question! Would have to come through the 2's anyway

An which one player might that be??? Unless you are ignorant of the facts at Rovers or just spinning a line for Big Footy I believe you need to get ur head out of the clouds. Hind is on $300 a game. Fact. Clark would be pushing up towards that figure as well..... according to what he claims to be offered from other clubs. Rovers side from last year would have minimum 6 players being paid. + I know of 2-3 of your other recruits that are definately on cash. I'm no maths scholar but I believe that will come in well and truly over Talbot's budget!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back