Originally Posted by CranktheAnchors
Crankingbet!

Round One.

Maldon $1.65 v Rovers $2.30
Carisbrook $1.60 v Avoca $2.25
Dunolly $8 v Newstead $1.08
Talbot $3 v Harcourt $1.30
Trentham $1.90 v Royal Park $1.90

I'll have $500 on Carisbrook to return $800!!

Is anyone going to keep tabs on who has won what and what money they have left to bet with??

Ok then Crankingbet is under way!

Morrie Morals $100 @ $2.25 = $225.
Iron Beast $1000 @ $1.08 = $1,080 Like your style. Mr. Crank might have to pay J. Brown to line up for Dunolly.
Candy Man $50 ($1.65x$1.30)=$2.14 = $107

Carisbrook v Avoca

Brook over 15.5pts = $2.10
Either team under 15.5pts= $3.20
Avoca over 15.5 pts = $3.00

I will have $300 on carisbrook to win by over 15.5pts

G'day Crank. I'll have a hundred on Avoca at $2. 25 thanks very much. By the sounds of it the game will be a Steven Quartermaine block buster. I had the pleasure of watching most of Carisbrook's intraclub practise match and if thats anything to go by, the Brook will need several strong late inclusions to knock Avoca off this weekend. One gets the impression that it will be close but odds of $2. 25 are too good to pass up. Time to crunch your numbers again i think Crank.
yeh what is the word on the brook's recruits? would seem that they were shaping up pretty nicely during the off season so that prediction seems a little bit out of left field. would take carisbrook for mine, with lukey treacy to put through 4-5 and turn some heads, will be the silent assassin on the word of a couple of uni blokes

What's a fair margin then Richy?

They are clearly the team to beat in the competition and the only thing that will save you guys from a blow out will be the wet!

I'd be disappointed if we weren't within 5 goals. I'd like to think we can win. Time will tell! Round 1 we are all equal though.

Crankingbet!

Round One.

Maldon $1.65 v Rovers $2.30
Carisbrook $1.60 v Avoca $2.25
Dunolly $8 v Newstead $1.08
Talbot $3 v Harcourt $1.30
Trentham $1.90 v Royal Park $1.90

Crank's Best Bet-Maldon in the wet conditions.
Be wary of the Carisbrook v Avoca game it is the match of the round.

Private Message your application for an account with Crankingbet.

I'm in gents great idea! Lets keep it simple and leave out the margins tho boys or poor old crank will do a pooper valve trying to work it all out!

I will have $100 on Trentham and $50 on Talbot for a start. Confident with Trentham and Talbot will be a handy return if we can get up!

MightyRoar $500 on Brook @ $1.60 = $1,300
Nossi5 $300 on Brook over 15.5pts @ $2.10 = $620
King Rich $100 on Trentham @ $1.90 = $190
King Rich $50 on Talbot @ $3 = $150

I'm not too fussed on the margins boys just need a bit of notice. I'll keep track of them and it should be a bit of fun. Good luck to all teams tomorrow and we will see who knows their MCDFL the best by years end.

No bets with an edit will be accepted!

rich, shermo and all other botters
have to have a solid re-think guys
apple eaters only got a few days notice and still got up

Lads, just got home from the Avoca V Brook game. Pleased to say the bulldogs got up by around 23 pts. Avoca led all day after jumping out of the blocks to a 5 goal lead in the 1st qtr. To thier credit brook fought back to within 2 goals early in the 3rd. The dogs then piled on 4 unanswered goals to take a 6 goal lead into the last. Probably should have won by more but we let brook back in late in the game. Although there were better players it was a great all round team effort. Some undiciplined acts by some of the Carisbrook boys led to a couple of send-offs throughout the game. Nick and Ash Robbo played servicable games without being outstanding. Better players for Avoca were: Mick Wardlaw, Ben Howell, Adrian Pilgrim, Tony Bellenger, Dom Lloyd, Scatter Walkley. There were probably quite an few others that could have been in there as well. One thing that stood out was how much they miss Meggsy both on the ball and up forward.

Nossi, Mighty - WTF were you blokes thinking??

Anyway, I'm off to have a celebratory beer!!

Shamui out.

Lads, just got home from the Avoca V Brook game. Pleased to say the bulldogs got up by around 23 pts. Avoca led all day after jumping out of the blocks to a 5 goal lead in the 1st qtr. To thier credit brook fought back to within 2 goals early in the 3rd. The dogs then piled on 4 unanswered goals to take a 6 goal lead into the last. Probably should have won by more but we let brook back in late in the game. Although there were better players it was a great all round team effort. Some undiciplined acts by some of the Carisbrook boys led to a couple of send-offs throughout the game. Nick and Ash Robbo played servicable games without being outstanding. Better players for Avoca were: Mick Wardlaw, Ben Howell, Adrian Pilgrim, Tony Bellenger, Dom Lloyd, Scatter Walkley. There were probably quite an few others that could have been in there as well. One thing that stood out was how much they miss Meggsy both on the ball and up forward.

Nossi, Mighty - WTF were you blokes thinking??

Anyway, I'm off to have a celebratory beer!!

Shamui out.

Well good to see the Doggies up and running again. As for my stupid bet, all I can say is I guess me heart is still with the Black and Red!! :thumbsdown:

None of my bets came through. Trentham not as good as some may have thought but I will give them time.

What are everyones thoughts from the opening round??

Harcourt blew Talbot away early and we didn't have a major on the board at halftime. Fought back strongly in the second half to make the scoreline respectable. We have a lot of improvement in us and a couple of boys to come back into the lineup so not a bad result against presumably the top side. To their credit Harcourt had a few out I must say though but had a decent side on the park.

Avoca getting up over Brook was interesting.... Did Treacy play??

Good to see Dunolly putting in a credible performance and Rovers getting up over Maldon was a surprise! A very even comp as suspected and we will have to wait a couple of weeks to get an even formline I think!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need for panic yet Zakster. We had plenty of new players and we will take time to gel. A good first up performance! Do you really think it mattered that they only have 3-4 days notice to play??? I dont.

Talbot reserves were very impressive in accounting for an undermanned Harcourt side that still had plenty of talent in it. With the inclusion of a few more key players over the coming weeks they should continue to improve and push for a top 3 spot.

Hey Crank,
Is it to late to get a gig in the betting game? Some interesting results on the weekend. I think it shows that betting wont be easy, and there will be several upsets with the eveness of the competition. Congrats to Steve Adlum and his mate for another terrible game of umpiring.:thumbsdown: . As a spectator on the weekend it wasn't hard to see the game was over umpired, and that the boys in white have been watching to much tv.

I am interested to see others views on there games, what did you think about the umpiring wonker, Shamui? Though in saying that this is not taking nothing away from Avoca they did deserve to win and look to be a top side.

Hey Crank,
Is it to late to get a gig in the betting game? Some interesting results on the weekend. I think it shows that betting wont be easy, and there will be several upsets with the eveness of the competition. Congrats to Steve Adlum and his mate for another terrible game of umpiring.:thumbsdown: . As a spectator on the weekend it wasn't hard to see the game was over umpired, and that the boys in white have been watching to much tv.

I am interested to see others views on there games, what did you think about the umpiring wonker, Shamui? Though in saying that this is not taking nothing away from Avoca they did deserve to win and look to be a top side.
Special note: To I believe it was from being told Lin Silivic or how-ever his name is spelt for his special contribution as boundary umpire in that game. He threw the ball in looking straight at the contest & threw it over the ruckmans head all day to the standing Avoca onballers, can't believe the umpires let that also go, where Steve Ad blew his whistle for every other bloody thing during the day, also say I thought that it was over umpired also, with the bigger body umpire also joining in the shannigins of Addlem, but struggled with his arm signals the correct way during his calls. I say umpires let the bloody game go, No one pays to see you blokes the centre of attention all day. But sorry Steve thats how you like it. No wonder the league is struggling for umpires when new blood has to deal with you.

Excuse me. I think saturday was one of my better performances. Spot on with the decisions. Players need to read the rule book they have no idea.

Rule 14.1.3 - Prior Opportunity

If you are tackled with or without the ball it will be holding the ball.

P.S. Picked up saturday night and she was glamorous. Perks of being a great umpire.

zakster, haroucrt are the cream of the crop, there is no doubt about that and if a 4 goal loss to them causes us to have a re-think then you are dillusional.....we started slow and got ourselfs back in the game....to write us off at this stage would be silly, as richie said need a few more weeks yet to determine where were at.....harcourt are not unbeatable this year IMO, avoca and brook should give them good run for money aswell.

Hey Crank,

Round 2

Avoca ($1.25) v Maldon ($3.50)
Newstead ($2) v Carisbrook ($1.75)
Harcourt ($1.04) v Dunolly ($10)
Trentham ($3) v Talbot ($1.30)
Rovers ($1.40) v Royal Park ($2.80)

Dr. Phil you join if you like. Minimum bet is $50.

In all honesty thumbs up to the teams and the league! Looks like the MCDFL is a lot closer this year then it has been in quite sometime. What was everyones thoughts on the shorter quarters, personally i think you would have to go back a long time to see that no team kicked over 20 goals for the round as well as there not being any really big blow outs!

Avoca seems to be the big improvers which i did expect, but not until later in the year once they had played more together. Its a credit to them to come out firing round one and knock off the brook! Whisper was my main man played a fair role in the loss too, you can't do much when its 17 on 18 and the big show's off riding the pine!

Round 2

Avoca ($1.25) v Maldon ($3.50)
Newstead ($2) v Carisbrook ($1.75)
Harcourt ($1.04) v Dunolly ($10)
Trentham ($3) v Talbot ($1.30)
Rovers ($1.40) v Royal Park ($2.80)

Crank i will let my $1080 all ride on the Bulldogs against the Don's. Might be a close one due to second week blues for the dogs but they should hold all the right answers and get home in a close encounter.

I think you have given some pretty good odds here, tough to pick them with any real value! :)

Hey Crank,

he is a joke of an umpire and just wants everyone to be looking at him for every minute of the game. fair enough umpires players make mistakes from time to time and no one is perfect...but he has been making the same mistakes for 10 years...if a footy player plays that bad all the time the would not get a senior game and the same should go 4 steve!! what are the selectors thinking? i know there is short supply but often even the umpires who are umpiring with him laugh at his decisions and can see what a joke he is!!!! by far worst umpire i've seen in victoria:thumbsu:

In all honesty thumbs up to the teams and the league! Looks like the MCDFL is a lot closer this year then it has been in quite sometime. What was everyones thoughts on the shorter quarters, personally i think you would have to go back a long time to see that no team kicked over 20 goals for the round as well as there not being any really big blow outs!

Avoca seems to be the big improvers which i did expect, but not until later in the year once they had played more together. Its a credit to them to come out firing round one and knock off the brook! Whisper was my main man played a fair role in the loss too, you can't do much when its 17 on 18 and the big show's off riding the pine!

Beast,

Who was the big show to get sent off?

i must admit i am with the z-man, rich and shermo
u lot have been spruiking over summer and early autumn for month after month .... we cant wait to get the season underway
comes round 1 and you scramble three ... thats 3 ... points for an entire half of footy
no goals ... zero goals, zilcho, nought, nothing, not a sausage
can you blokes take off the rose tinted glasses and put some proper ones on so you can see clearly

i must admit i am with the z-man, rich and shermo
u lot have been spruiking over summer and early autumn for month after month .... we cant wait to get the season underway
comes round 1 and you scramble three ... thats 3 ... points for an entire half of footy
no goals ... zero goals, zilcho, nought, nothing, not a sausage
can you blokes take off the rose tinted glasses and put some proper ones on so you can see clearly

There were many reasons for the lack of scoring which dont need to be gone into. We didn't get many praccy matches in due to the uncertainty of season and as such the structure of the side is far from settled. We will improve each week and who cares what the scores were at halftime..... final result was 4 goals which is certainly more than respectable considering the position we found ourselves in at the main break. Would hardly say we have been spruiking! Merely stating continuously that we are keen (as footballers not the club as a whole) to get the season underway! Have only ever stated we will improve and improve we have and will as the season progresses. The Z-Man has the intelligence of a half eaten pie judging by his posts!

In regard to the shorter quarters I felt they were noticeably shorter at Talbot. Not sure if the umpires/time keepers have got time-on sorted as yet but would expect that to improve during the season as everyone becomes accustomed to it. Umpiring at Talbot was ok. Some poor decisions as their often is but they were ok I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back