Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Park v Maldon
Talbot v Carisbrook
Dunolly V Rovers
Trentham v Avoca
Harcourt v Newstead

Used to know chipper well, seeing him the other night made me realise how much fitter he is now then ever before. Fast, agile and super strong. For the other teams in the comp i'm sorry but there won't be anyone who is close to being good enough to go with him. Luke Tracey would have to play a solid second half of the year to pip him in the club B&F. I would think that he will poll 3 votes most weeks from now on in the league and should win that too IMO.

Can we get odds on league B&F crank, just for interests sake as i lost all my $

Royal Park v Maldon
Talbot v Carisbrook
Dunolly V Rovers
Trentham v Avoca
Harcourt v Newstead

Used to know chipper well, seeing him the other night made me realise how much fitter he is now then ever before. Fast, agile and super strong. For the other teams in the comp i'm sorry but there won't be anyone who is close to being good enough to go with him. Luke Tracey would have to play a solid second half of the year to pip him in the club B&F. I would think that he will poll 3 votes most weeks from now on in the league and should win that too IMO.

Can we get odds on league B&F crank, just for interests sake as i lost all my $

that would be quite interesting actually iron beast, IMO shaun smith is one bloke that should poll alot better than he, he is usually at the top of my list however he rumoured to be out for a while now, mark ramsey is another one , and dion hedger always polls well as he is tall and athletic.

also from reading the LPFL thread would be interesting to put a MCDFL team together and view everyones opinions....thoughts

Tough to have a crack at league medal odds. How bout I list a few of the good players from each team and people can add to them.

Avoca - Bellenger, Wardlaw, Lloyd, Tapner, Coghlan

Talbot- Allbutt, M. Smith, M. Bond, T. Cunningham any others?

Brook - Treacy, Nick Robbo, Chipper Harris, Sanders.

Harcourt - Eyles, S. Smith, D. Smith, Hutchison, Blake.

Rovers - Hedgers, Fraser, Chaplin.

Maldon - Burchell, Lea.

Newstead - Ramsey, Trethowan.

Bushy - Macumber, Noonan, Forde.

Dunolly - Kennedy, Liddicoat.

Trentham - Traill ?

Tough to have a crack at league medal odds. How bout I list a few of the good players from each team and people can add to them.

Avoca - Bellenger, Wardlaw, Lloyd, Tapner, Coghlan

Talbot- Allbutt, M. Smith, M. Bond, T. Cunningham any others?

Brook - Treacy, Nick Robbo, Chipper Harris, Sanders.

Harcourt - Eyles, S. Smith, D. Smith, Hutchison, Blake.

Rovers - Hedgers, Fraser, Chaplin.

Maldon - Burchell, Lea.

Bushy - Macumber, Noonan, Forde.

Dunolly - Kennedy, Liddicoat.

Trentham - Traill ?

agree with most of that ,

Avoca - Bellenger, Wardlaw, Lloyd, Tapner, Coghlan, field, moser

Talbot- Allbutt, M. Smith, M. Bond, n.bond , j.bux, t .sutherland

Brook - Treacy, Nick Robbo, Chipper Harris, Sanders

Harcourt - Eyles, S. Smith, D. Smith, Hutchison, Blake.. macmurtrie, a.mack, great full back

Rovers - Hedgers, Fraser, Chaplin, batson

Maldon - Burchell, Lea.

Bushy - Noonan, Forde, torney, stynes

Dunolly - Kennedy, c.burns

Trentham - Traill and sam cameron #4

sorry if i missed some......

interesting this tommahawk or whatever it is the talbot fellas affectionately call their idol by hasn't kicked many goals, he was touted as they best pick up of the year yet for a CHF i personally don't think he has done enough to get that tag!

whats the teams that have played against him thought?

start floating a few interleague teams rather then just names. i don't know enuff to comment as i haven't ever seen half the sides but it would be interesting to see where everyone is named

interesting this tommahawk or whatever it is the talbot fellas affectionately call their idol by hasn't kicked many goals, he was touted as they best pick up of the year yet for a CHF i personally don't think he has done enough to get that tag!

whats the teams that have played against him thought?

Tommahawk has played about 1 and a half games up forward for Talbot thus far. Has played more in the ruck and backline so far. Can fill most key posts and plays where needed. Has been more than serviceable thus far! Good night on the track this evening for the botters... all set for the big clash!

agree with most of that ,

Avoca - Bellenger, Wardlaw, Lloyd, Tapner, Coghlan, field, moser

Talbot- Allbutt, M. Smith, M. Bond, n.bond , j.bux, t .sutherland

Brook - Treacy, Nick Robbo, Chipper Harris, Sanders

Harcourt - Eyles, S. Smith, D. Smith, Hutchison, Blake.. macmurtrie, a.mack, great full back

Rovers - Hedgers, Fraser, Chaplin, batson

Maldon - Burchell, Lea.

Bushy - Noonan, Forde, torney, stynes

Dunolly - Kennedy, c.burns

Trentham - Traill and sam cameron #4

sorry if i missed some......

I'll add Glenn Bench to our list Shermo.... Has impressed this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Jock is just stirring the pot Shermo!

Tips for this round:

Royal Park v Maldon - Bushy seem to have found a little bit of form but I still rate Maldon fairly highly and reckon they can take 5th spot this year. This is a match they have to win. Maldon by 5 goals.

Talbot v Carisbrook - Could go either way but I think Talbots tall forwards could prove to be the difference. Talbot by 4 goals.

Dunolly V Rovers - Rovers easily with Dunolly having too many injuries.

Trentham v Avoca - Avoca will be slightly vulnerable with a couple out but expect them still to win reasonably comfortably although I reckon Trentham will be there at halftime. Avoca by 8 goals.

Harcourt v Newstead - This will be another close game with Harcourt still having a number of players out through injury and suspension. I still dont think Newstead quite have the personnel to get over them though. Harcourt by 6 goals.

Royal Park v Maldon - Bushy have improved a fair bit of late. With the inclusions of macumber and forde I think the improving bushy side will account for Maldon. Bushy by 13 points.

Talbot v Carisbrook - Clearly the match of the round and looms as a crackerjack game. Carisbrook have a few big inclusions which may loom as potential matchwinners. However, with a relatively different side I think the home team will turn the match into a scrappy affair and come out victors. Talbot by 3 points.

Dunolly v Rovers - Expect this game to be closer than everyone expects. Dunolly at home will give Rovers everything. Rovers will win and win comfortably but the scoreboard won't reflect the football played. Rovers by 12 goals.

Trentham v Avoca - Avoca are a class outfit and will account for the sainters in impressive style. Avoca by 20 goals, Coghlan 10.

Harcourt v Newstead - Harcourt will produce a similiar result to last years grand final and defeat the roos easily. Harcourt by 15 goals.

Leaderboard after Round 5.

Old School Biff $2,260
Candy Man $1,725
Dr. Phil $1,356
Morrie Morals $1,200
King Rich $1,185
MightyRoar $982
Mobbenfuher $980
Nossi5 $800
Rojer Ramjet $690
Nonamehack $0
Iron Beast $0

Round 6 Odds.

Royal Park ($2.30) v Maldon ($1.60)
Talbot ($2.80) v Carisbrook ($1.40)
Dunolly ($8) V Rovers ($1.10)
Trentham ($10) v Avoca ($1.08)
Harcourt ($1.15) v Newstead ($5)

I will have $300 on brook please crank

Royal Park v Maldon - Bushy have improved a fair bit of late. With the inclusions of macumber and forde I think the improving bushy side will account for Maldon. Bushy by 13 points.

Talbot v Carisbrook - Clearly the match of the round and looms as a crackerjack game. Carisbrook have a few big inclusions which may loom as potential matchwinners. However, with a relatively different side I think the home team will turn the match into a scrappy affair and come out victors. Talbot by 3 points.

Dunolly v Rovers - Expect this game to be closer than everyone expects. Dunolly at home will give Rovers everything. Rovers will win and win comfortably but the scoreboard won't reflect the football played. Rovers by 12 goals.

Trentham v Avoca - Avoca are a class outfit and will account for the sainters in impressive style. Avoca by 20 goals, Coghlan 10.

Harcourt v Newstead - Harcourt will produce a similiar result to last years grand final and defeat the roos easily. Harcourt by 15 goals.

I dont think the Saints v Avoca game will be that one sided. If Trentham have their best side in they would be able to get within 10 goals with Avoca missing a few this week from all reports.

I dont think the Saints v Avoca game will be that one sided. If Trentham have their best side in they would be able to get within 10 goals with Avoca missing a few this week from all reports.

Hey lads, I'm back after a long absence!

King, you've hit the nail on the head. This week has the potential to be a danger game for Avoca with up to 6 regular (and handy) senior players out. This is compounded by the fact that Trentham will have their strongest team in for the year. On the up side it has given a few of the blokes that have worked hard all season the opportunity to push thier case as regular senior players.

In other games I think the Brook v Talbot game is going to be a ripper. I'm backing your boys Rich/Shermo to come away with the goods in a tight game, maybe decided with the last kick of the day.

Harcourt v Newstead is another good one. Having played both sides i would have to say that Newstead have the personnel and ability to knock off Harcourt. Should be an interseting game.

Probably close to ur most ******ed comment thus far Beast.

You dont seem to have any respect for the other good footballers in the comp, plenty of other & better talent running around. He is a good player but not what he has been made out to be on here. Wont win league or even club B&F but should be a handy pickup!

Righto while i am here i may as well put some cash down; Once again i will roll the lot which is $5670. Here goes

$5670 on (Maldon $1.10 x Brook $1.15 x Talbot $1.15 x Harcourt $1.70 x Rovers $1.75) returning $4.30

Once this weekends done and all goes well the beast will be sitting on a lazy $24,500!
By the way crank tough odds on maldon, no value at all...

This one would have to be up there Rich.

Hows natte's ex favourite son going at avoca.... A Pilgrim?
Pilgs is doing great at Avoca, has fitted in very well.He is enjoying his assistant coaching position, as much as we enjoy having him here at our club.Has some very good ideas,and gets on well with our coach,he is enjoying earning the respect of his team mates.Fairly handy having a bloke 6ft 5" playing on a forward flank in any team.How would he fit into your side out there DA? or don't you think you could find a spot for him?

Hows natte's ex favourite son going at avoca.... A Pilgrim?

You will be pleased to know DA that Avoca's adopted son in Pilgs has been a great asset to the club. Along with many others around the club, he has been an important contributor to the on and off field success that the club has enjoyed to date. You only had to witness the mammoth effort Pilgs put in during the recent cricket finals, when Avoca won the premiership, to see that he has outstanding qualities. I think you will see Pilgs doing his best work when the business end of the season comes around.

Could become a team mate of yours one day DA when Avoca and Natte eventually merge.

I know that you will also be pleased to know that another ex Natte player in Travis Ross has also fitted in extremely well at the Avoca Club. Just like his brother Clinton, Trav is a quality person. The experience he has brought to the club has been invaluable and believe it or not he has shown that he still maintains the ability to turn a game.

Leaderboard after Round 5.

Old School Biff $2,260
Candy Man $1,725
Dr. Phil $1,356
Morrie Morals $1,200
King Rich $1,185
MightyRoar $982
Mobbenfuher $980
Nossi5 $800
Rojer Ramjet $690
Nonamehack $0
Iron Beast $0