Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
REFERRING back to page 210 isn't Hedges the home ground of Maryborough Rovers, not the Bushies of Royal Park ?? I thought the Bushies played at Jubilee Oval.
That said, I'm going for Carisbrook and Talbot in the 2 main games.
And no, Shermo, I'm not on the bandwagon. Just trying to tip winners.
BTW, who's into posting likely winners in the MCDFL finals in the Magoos. The Ones are the teams which matter.
there not many out there giving avoca a chance of winning this week, why is that? and hedges is the home of royal park, magoos are an important part of any football club who covers when the injured stars are out?

REFERRING back to page 210 isn't Hedges the home ground of Maryborough Rovers, not the Bushies of Royal Park ?? I thought the Bushies played at Jubilee Oval.
BTW, who's into posting likely winners in the MCDFL finals in the Magoos. The Ones are the teams which matter.[/quote]

Jock just a reminder that some clubs have teams playing in both 1's and 2's finals whilst the 1's games are usually of a little higher standard doesn't make the 2's any less important and without us 2's players some clubs wouldn't have teams in the final series at all!

I'm a bit concerned about the hardness of the ground at the Hedges oval as many of the players pulled up with scratches and grazes from Saturday's game. The cricket pitch area is particularly hard and the league secretary has notified me that they are unable to water the ground due to water restrictions. Micky Noonan told me after the game that the ground was so hard that he wished he had played in runners. Most of the rotations off the bench on Saturday were made to protect the players feet as many players were bordering on having blisters develop on the soles of their feet.
As far as the game goes - the score for the season is one all. Avoca will give it its best shot. The players have put in the hard yards during the season and will go into the game with a full list to pick from.

Everyone will be a bit wiser about 5 p.m. on Saturday evening.

Let me tell you blokes Princes Park is just as bad. I've trained in runners on it for the past 2 months. The centre wicket area is dangerously hard and the rest of the ground has been losing its grass coverage. Any of you blokes playing finals are going to feel it this year. Good luck.

Let me tell you blokes Princes Park is just as bad. I've trained in runners on it for the past 2 months. The centre wicket area is dangerously hard and the rest of the ground has been losing its grass coverage. Any of you blokes playing finals are going to feel it this year. Good luck.
its always hard under foot at this time of the year i think you'll find and i think it will help the teams with more runners rather than big blokes as the ground surface takes its toll on big blokes alot quicker than the little fella's.
now i've heard THIRSTY that your after a coaching gig next year is this true?

I'm surprised there is no talk of a Royal Park man allegedly putting the sleeper hold on Pig Ross on the weekend. Talking to someone in the know and they said that the Royal Park man will be given close to 16 weeks. We all know what 16 weeks suspension means these days.

BTW, who's into posting likely winners in the MCDFL finals in the Magoos. The Ones are the teams which matter.

You come across as one arrogant man Jockster!!! The blokes in the 2s put in just as much effort as the seniors and get and deserve recognition from within their clubs! At Talbot the reserves getting through to the finals with the seniors is very important. Obviously seniors is the main focus but to say the ones are only ones that matter is silly.

I'm surprised there is no talk of a Royal Park man putting the sleeper hold on Pig Ross on the weekend. Talking to someone in the know and they said that the Royal Park man will be given close to 16 weeks. We all know what 16 weeks suspension means these days.

Who was it??

You come across as one arrogant man Jockster!!! The blokes in the 2s put in just as much effort as the seniors and get and deserve recognition from within their clubs! At Talbot the reserves getting through to the finals with the seniors is very important. Obviously seniors is the main focus but to say the ones are only ones that matter is silly.

Depth wins premierships. It is very rare to have a 1sts win with a shithouse reserves team.

The report was made for J. Whitehead.

I'll go with Thoroughbred on this one - the paper work didn't get to the league secretary after the game as the person that was to lodge the papers from Bushy ended up in hospital due to a bout of the flu. The report will be heard next Wednesday. I thought that Bushy were an undisciplined side last Sat. It's a pity as there are a lot of terrific fellas that play for them. Even the man in question seems to be quite good to talk to away from the game. I can't see it doing Bushy any good long term as it must break the hearts of the players who go hard at the ball each week just to see the game slip away through some undisciplined football.

Just an interesting side note on another topic - where does it leave the person who signs off on the ground legally if someone gets hurt due to the hardness of the surface?

Apparently MCDFL is still trying to organise to get Hedges watered but it hasn't been done yet.

Princes Park has had water put on it this week so it should be in ok knick come Sunday. I'm glad we are playing on Princes Park and not Hedges Oval this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

which ross had the sleepr hold put on him there were 2 rossy's played for marybrough in the bfl think there names were travis and clintn and they were distrct farmers is it one of those :confused:

Apparently MCDFL is still trying to organise to get Hedges watered but it hasn't been done yet.

Princes Park has had water put on it this week so it should be in ok knick come Sunday. I'm glad we are playing on Princes Park and not Hedges Oval this week!

Princes Park was much better last night particurly on the lake side of the ground. The only problem will be the pitch area.

In relation to the sleeper hold incident it was J Whitehead on Travis Ross

its always hard under foot at this time of the year i think you'll find and i think it will help the teams with more runners rather than big blokes as the ground surface takes its toll on big blokes alot quicker than the little fella's.
now i've heard THIRSTY that your after a coaching gig next year is this true?

Already signed with the Maryborough Balcony 18 for next year mothman.

Good to hear about Princes Park. I'm glad they are still watering it as it needs to hold up for 4 weeks of finals.

Lets hope the league arranges to get water onto Hedges because if it is as bad as some are saying then Brook and Avoca will not be happy. The fixture at Hedges cannot be helped due to a Maryborough home game but you'd still feel a little agrieved that you had to play on a surface that is perhaps not up to standard.

Good to hear about Princes Park. I'm glad they are still watering it as it needs to hold up for 4 weeks of finals.

Lets hope the league arranges to get water onto Hedges because if it is as bad as some are saying then Brook and Avoca will not be happy. The fixture at Hedges cannot be helped due to a Maryborough home game but you'd still feel a little agrieved that you had to play on a surface that is perhaps not up to standard.

I agree King but you guys would be pretty happy with that. Take an easy win against Rovers on a softer track and meet the loser of a hard at in contest on a hard track.

My tip is straight sets for whoever loses Saturday's game.

I agree King but you guys would be pretty happy with that. Take an easy win against Rovers on a softer track and meet the loser of a hard at in contest on a hard track.

My tip is straight sets for whoever loses Saturday's game.

Finals is always a different ballgame TB so its prob not as clear cut as that. We need to take it one week at a time and ensure we get over Rovers first. They are a well coached outfit who beat us last time we met so we are under no illusions that we have to play at our best to ensure we get the win.

Finals is always a different ballgame TB so its prob not as clear cut as that. We need to take it one week at a time and ensure we get over Rovers first. They are a well coached outfit who beat us last time we met so we are under no illusions that we have to play at our best to ensure we get the win.

Just put that in to see how you rated them. They have had a few years experience so they shouldn't be too bad.

A couple of surprise results today in both grades of Football.

Carisbrook downed Avoca by approx 20 points in a very scrappy encounter. Brook were on top early and prob should have been 4-5 goals in front at quarter time with Avoca taking a long time to settle. Avoca controlled the play in the 2nd-3rd quarters and looked to have the game won at 3/4 time.

Coach Mortlock moved Nathan Wright to full forward and isolated him and this ultimately proved to be the match winning move with Wrighty kicking 2 or 3 goals in the last stanza to help seal the win.

Nick Robbo, Chipper and Wright were my 3 best for Brook while for Avoca Brad Hunt, Mick Wardlaw and Baz Field were probably their best.

Both sides seemed to lack the confidence to kick long to their forwards (probably because neither side has any real dominating big forwards) and the game was highlighted by rebound of both half back lines.

Speaking to a couple of Harcourt boys at the game and they didn't come out and say it but indicated that they weren't too concerned about either of the two sides after watching today.

Avoca will now face the winner of Talbot v Rovers next Sunday at Princes Park and will be under a little bit of pressure staring at the prospect of exiting in straight sets after being on top of the ladder for most of the year.

The Trentham 2s in a pretty big upset upstaged Harcourt by 4-5 goals. Harcourt never looked in it.

Watch out for some of the old guys at Trentham have been going thru the motions will definately up the anti now its finals.

A couple of surprise results today in both grades of Football.

The Trentham 2s in a pretty big upset upstaged Harcourt by 4-5 goals. Harcourt never looked in it.

Tried to warn you guys!!!!

Cant beat experience this time of year.

Tried to warn you guys!!!!

Cant beat experience this time of year.

I will admit that I stood up and took a bit of notice mate... They were very impressive. They wont blow wind up Brook next week tho. Hopefully Talbot can get over Harcourt next week as I reckon we can roll Trentham.

Talbot had to work hard today to get the chocolates in the seniors in a very scrappy match. Talbot eventually got up by about 14 points I think.

Reserves also defeated Rovers fairly easily.

Princes Park is in only fair condition and will need some more water over the finals series to keep it up to standard.

GOOD on you Rich, Shermo and Talbot boys.
Might have been only a 14-point win, boys, but as Jock Clark 1 always says: "There's no percentage in the finals. All you have to do is win."
And good luck in the Twos for the first semi against Harcourt on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back