Mason Cox from the US

Remove this Banner Ad

Physically he's obviously an elite prospect, just watching the video his kicking style is understandably awkward but for a guy who's never really kicked a footy his ground level ball handling and marking looked pretty clean.

He can be taught the Correct way to Kick

May be worth checking out Eric Wallace's progress as guide of the journey ahead, currently North Ballarat's #1 ruck.

Doing very well in his tap work, does struggle around the ground but come on leaps and bounds in 18 months.

May be worth checking out Eric Wallace's progress as guide of the journey ahead, currently North Ballarat's #1 ruck.

Doing very well in his tap work, does struggle around the ground but come on leaps and bounds in 18 months.

Then Would North want another American Like Him?

When was the last time you heard of an Athelete at 211cm trying Footy?

Then Would North want another American Like Him?

When was the last time you heard of an Athelete at 211cm trying Footy?

I'm interested to know how the international rookie selections work, also salary wise.

IIRC, Wallace is on much more than other rookies (marketing budget?) but can we have two international rookies?

I'm interested to know how the international rookie selections work, also salary wise.

IIRC, Wallace is on much more than other rookies (marketing budget?) but can we have two international rookies?

I not sure about Salary but I think there 1st season they are not on the list at all

Clubs can have two international rookies max I believe and they aren't counted in the salary cap. So if clubs are keen, it may come down to a bidding war.

Cox looks like he's a decent athlete rather than just being a mountain which is a good sign that he could have a career at AFL level. North, get on it!

Archie Smith for us as well. Had only played about a dozen games before this season, still only 18 and rucking quite well in our reserves. Noticeably improving each week.

I remember watching the VFL and thinking wow who is that monster

He didn't look out of place.

Be interesting where he is in 2 years, be great for the game if he makes it imo

Cox looks like he'd get snapped in half with a solid enough hit. But definitely has the athletic attributes.

I wonder at what rate those attributes would be affected by him bulking up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interested to read some of the american websites reporting that the engineering job he was offered is his first priority.
He's make a hell of a lot more money at Exxon for 30 years than in the AFL for 6

Glad we are looking at him and hes in adelaide atm with port and will stay for the game saturday night

I say it be between you and collingwood be the Favourites

interested to read some of the american websites reporting that the engineering job he was offered is his first priority.

Doubt that now as IF was his 1st Piorirty then he would not have Tried out

Read somewhere he is going to go watch the North V geelong game then fly across to watch the Port V hawks game....
Got to like that as a Port supporter who wants him.
IF we can get a win, infront of a sold out packed 50,000+ crowd after seeing the north game, got to improve our chances of landing him ;)

Read somewhere he is going to go watch the North V geelong game then fly across to watch the Port V hawks game....
IF we can get a win, infront of a sold out packed 50,000+ crowd after seeing the north game, got to improve our chances of landing him ;)

Intresting he not going to a Collingwood game

What are the rules of signing him?
If a number of clubs want him, does he get to choose where he goes? Is it who pays him the most or are there salary cap rules etc?

Pretty sure international rookies get to choose who they plays for, but reading this article he might only be allowed to choose between teams that went to the combine.

Collingwood took him to the MCG and asked him to imagine it full of fans. Port Adelaide had promised tickets to Adelaide Oval for Saturday’s match against Hawthorn. He was due to meet recruiters, coaches, football managers and anyone else who could convince him that their club could develop him best, with Fremantle also lining up a meeting. Others were keen to have a chat too, but the AFL limited his visits to those clubs who had flown over to see the combine.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...y-big-thing-20140521-zrkbp.html#ixzz32QaXeO3f

As for their salary, not sure, but I'd guess that they could be paid more and some of it might be outside the cap similar to Hunt and Folau's deals. The North fan earlier thinks Wallace is being paid extra.

He's not in Adelaide atm, he's in Melbourne.

The North game is at Kardinia Park.....................

I'd say the fact we have a US player already helps quite a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mason Cox from the US

Remove this Banner Ad

Back