Mason Cox from the US

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if any of you have seen this video that north melbourne's media men took of mason cox but here it is.

It would be great to have a monster who is the same height as aaron sandilands from freo.
You can imagine the ruck duels these two players could have together.

Personally I would love to see North Melbourne go after the services of Mason Cox. Just by looking at how awesome he is in that video that I have posted up for you all to see you can clearly see he's got the basics covered.
Sure he's tall and lanky he might be a bit like Dustin Fletcher and be a bit clumbsy but is that going to worry North Melbourne? No it won't.
It's the skill factor and the height factor that will do it for us. If Todd Goldstein or Majak Daw were to get some significant injuries which is what we might fear the most who have we got to replace them? Only Dan Currie and international rookie Eric Wallace who are both still learning the game.

Last edited:
Don't know if any of you have seen this video that north melbourne's media men took of mason cox but here it is.

It would be great to have a monster who is the same height as aaron sandilands from freo.
You can imagine the ruck duels these two players could have together.

North are really making it know they are Red Hot Keen on Him

North sure Pumping him up Publicly

They probably have to, they would be behind a few of the other clubs in terms of game atmosphere etc that they can give him. I must admit I'm a bit surprised they would be chasing a ruck anyway.

Truth is, he wont make a decision based on public interest, it will be about what happens behind closed doors... and possibly how he fills about the ability to develop the skills needed.

Brad Scot stated yesterday that Collingwood and Richmond were after him as well

Well going by that I say Collingwood would be the Front Runners. Have best Facility and can Match the Offer from the Job Offer he has back in the States

He's like a skinny, unskilled Max Gawn. I don't see it.
He's athletically brilliant for his size. Similar agility and jumping ability to Naitanui but he towers over him by about 10cm. He also only just started kicking a ball so the lack of skill isn't suprising.

It's not about current output with this guy it's about potential. His physical potential is what makes clubs interested.

He's athletically brilliant for his size. Similar agility and jumping ability to Naitanui but he towers over him by about 10cm. He also only just started kicking a ball so the lack of skill isn't suprising.

It's not about current output with this guy it's about potential. His physical potential is what makes clubs interested.
He's more athletic than Sandilands but stick thin. I don't think he's that athletic TBH.

Got to stand next to him when he was in adelaide at the power game.... big BIG lad! im 6'3 and he made me feel small!
Seems every where he goes he gets decked out in that teams uniforms lol.... Would have to be specially made for him surely lol!
Was decked out in Power tracksuit etc

They probably have to, they would be behind a few of the other clubs in terms of game atmosphere etc that they can give him. I must admit I'm a bit surprised they would be chasing a ruck anyway.

Truth is, he wont make a decision based on public interest, it will be about what happens behind closed doors... and possibly how he fills about the ability to develop the skills needed.
From watching North go down by 20 points in front of 27k, to watching Port win in front of 52k, if it's atmosphere and a list with the age demographic of key players to likely to still be up when he'd be ready to play in 2016 it's a no brainer. It's the off-field setting him up that'd sway him away from Port.

He's more athletic than Sandilands but stick thin. I don't think he's that athletic TBH.
Take a look at some of his recorded stats, then compare them with any other ruckman. You won't find an Aussie footballer of his height who can post his numbers.

Exactly. He was actually a soccer player for his junior life.

Soccer players often transfer well to the AFL as well. Better endurance than basketball, better spacial awareness than the more linear sports (league, union, NFL).

Take a look at some of his recorded stats, then compare them with any other ruckman. You won't find an Aussie footballer of his height who can post his numbers.
Link?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How it sounds like it is down there - It would be a Tough Sell

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I wouldn't know.

I'd like to think if we are interested, we could make an attractive offer. We've also got some very good facilities at the club and now have our own VFL side which could potentially help with his development/progression. If it came down to dollars, we aren't exactly short of change either.

With Orren Stephenson possibly retiring at the end of this season, our ruck stocks would be Maric (groin issues which will need careful management), Hampson, Vickery (club don't seem to know whether he is a forward or ruck), Griffiths (forward/ruck) and McBean (skinny but close to the best crumbing forward at the club lol). We could really use a project ruck.

Maybe our President can get in his ear and they can talk US things together.

Given we've struck out with both O'Reilly and Simon, maybe third time is the trick! :p

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I wouldn't know.

I'd like to think if we are interested, we could make an attractive offer. We've also got some very good facilities at the club and now have our own VFL side which could potentially help with his development/progression. If it came down to dollars, we aren't exactly short of change either.

With Orren Stephenson possibly retiring at the end of this season, our ruck stocks would be Maric (groin issues which will need careful management), Hampson, Vickery (club don't seem to know whether he is a forward or ruck), Griffiths (forward/ruck) and McBean (skinny but close to the best crumbing forward at the club lol). We could really use a project ruck.

Maybe our President can get in his ear and they can talk US things together.

Given we've struck out with both O'Reilly and Simon, maybe third time is the trick! :p

Well with the Pies we have 2 Young Rucks in Grundy and Witts and just have Grandpa Hudson for Back-Up. So there is a Spot for him in our VFL Team

Strange comments from Port

“And from a list management perspective we saw Mason as being a long-term project, having not played the game before and where he’s at with his development, rather than a short-term fix for our ruck stocks.’’
“Mason’s a long-term project and is not someone we can count on to come in next year and have an impact,’’ Cripps said.

All that should've been painfully obvious from day one, there was no need to waste his time here. I think they were either looking at him for the publicity, or they didn't like what they saw and are just trying to be polite and avoid saying he's shit.

Well going by that I say Collingwood would be the Front Runners. Have best Facility and can Match the Offer from the Job Offer he has back in the States

Oh yeah, please explain to me how Collingwood can match a job like Woodside with potential onsite experience in the North West Shelf with Fremantle?

The footy show doesn't count im afraid.

Do you honestly think anyone is going to pay above market value for this guy? He will get what he's given.

At any rate, we are talking about a salary of about 80-100k a year, oh, but Collingwood are going to price everyone out of it........o_O

Oh yeah, please explain to me how Collingwood can match a job like Woodside with potential onsite experience in the North West Shelf with Fremantle?

The footy show doesn't count im afraid.

Do you honestly think anyone is going to pay above market value for this guy? He will get what he's given.

At any rate, we are talking about a salary of about 80-100k a year, oh, but Collingwood are going to price everyone out of it........o_O

Well you have to beat other teams and his Work Offer.

And IF Pies want him we can put more money towards him and I think his year dies not count towards the the Salary Cap.

Hey it Worked for Luke Ball;)

hey guys, i had a notification on my Youtube app and the Title was Mason Cox - Collingwood Media, i watched the video as soon as i got the notification and the video was Derek Hine talking to us about him and his ability to not just be a ruck and that he could be a key forward as he has the ability to catch the catch the ball at the highest point, Hine also said he had the athleticism of your 180cm player or something along those lines, he also said he didnt care about what Cox could currently do with the football as that isnt important at this stage. Inbetween footage they also had Cox on webcam in a Collingwood t-shirt and he talked about being on the MCG and that he had only been in australia ten days ago and finished the video with GO PIES. The video has since been Deleted.

He'll be shit. Three times the hype of Majak with a third of the ability to actually be a footballer – which is frankly frightening.

He'll be shit. Three times the hype of Majak with a third of the ability to actually be a footballer – which is frankly frightening.

Cost Nothing at the Start is worth a Shot

Remove this Banner Ad

Mason Cox from the US

Remove this Banner Ad

Back