Mason Cox...showing some promise

Remove this Banner Ad

If he is that bad at basketball, why is he going to be any better at football?
He wasn't a basketball player when he started college. He was a soccer player who was thrown into the basketball team. I reckon it's pretty impressive he managed to get a regular game at college level given he'd never played competitively beforehand ;)

I hope it's not true. There have been a number of attempts over the years to develop players who have excelled in other sports (the rugby converts, the junior basketballers, the triathletes / multisport athletes with terrific tanks etc.), but more often than not they just don't have any feel for the game.

To invest resources in Cox would be a mistake in my opinion.

Apologies in advance for (a) being a wet blanket and (b) for not having been able to come up with a good double entendre to work into this text.

Dicks, Coxs, Balls, Sidebottoms, Goldsacks.
It's a commentators dream. Derrick and Clive would have loved this stuff.

Don't forget David "Stiffy" Stiff is with us as one of our coaches

320792-travis-cloke.jpg

I hope it's not true. There have been a number of attempts over the years to develop players who have excelled in other sports (the rugby converts, the junior basketballers, the triathletes / multisport athletes with terrific tanks etc.), but more often than not they just don't have any feel for the game.

Apologies in advance for (a) being a wet blanket and (b) for not having been able to come up with a good double entendre to work into this text.
he can be a rookie under the international rookie system so there is absolutely nothing to lose.. barely any clubs use up all their international rookies anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? He costs us nothing except for a bit of cash and time. Who cares if he doesn't work out? If we have the cat B rookie system at our disposal and didn't use it to find prospects outside the sport (what it's for) I'd be pissed. I'm glad the club is actually using it's considerable resources to try and gain a competitive advantage over our opponents.

He was a soccer player (a keeper, I'm guessing) who was convinced to take up basketball at OSU. In the interview one of their players says he's become their leading rebounder, or at least one of them. That's actually a really, really impressive accomplishment. His points per game average is pretty much meaningless, given the role he would have played.
He averaged 1.1 rebounds for his career, 1.4 rebounds in his final season.

Why? He costs us nothing except for a bit of cash and time. Who cares if he doesn't work out? If we have the cat B rookie system at our disposal and didn't use it to find prospects outside the sport (what it's for) I'd be pissed. I'm glad the club is actually using it's considerable resources to try and gain a competitive advantage over our opponents.
I can see where you are coming from and have no Dramas with that point of view, but I just think it amounts to wasting resources just because they are available to be wasted.

Dicks, Coxs, Balls, Sidebottoms, Goldsacks.
It's a commentators dream. Derrick and Clive would have loved this stuff.

I was half hoping we wouldn't win him over, to avoid the endless posts about reproductive body parts. I hope MASON compensates for this by actually turning into a footballer.:rolleyes:

But seriously, well done to the club. We must have impressed him.

I can see where you are coming from and have no Dramas with that point of view, but I just think it amounts to wasting resources just because they are available to be wasted.
And if he turns out to be a success?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mason Cox...showing some promise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back