Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be better for the multiple leads to be done by blokes who can get seperation. Eg. Our mediums.

Finding the F50 synergy to be able to mix it up a bit more would be even better.

Why not both?

I reckon we saw a bit of that on the weekend with Cox being used as a decoy after quarter time, giving Mihocek and DeGoey space
I thought that JDG was basically leading away to take the heat off Cox in the first quarter, and then we used Cox.

You look at Cox's goals. You don't see Jordy anywhere near him from recollection.

Respect for putting his body on the line in that marking contest with Blicavs even though the game was well and truly gone by that point. I don’t think anyone can question his commitment and love for our club.

Serious question: would you try to trade him now?

His stock should be ok after the way he closed out the season. Some team somewhere wants a forward/ruckman type and might bite. I don't think he is the long-term answer up forward and I'm thinking strike while the iron is hot, at least shop him around.

Or is he valuable enough to the team to stay put? It's difficult when in July/August we wanted to delist him, and last week we are chanting USA, but clearly he can get hot and kick goals. I'm not sure myself.

Really torn on whether we retain Mason or if we test the market with him in a trade. I know we won't get much but moving his salary on might allow us to release some of the cap.

His highs and lows this year have been really vast. As much as that first quarter against West Coast was unbelievable (and set us up to win that final) he had so many games were he was out bodied and out positioned by his opponent. It used to drive me crazy every week how many times he would stick one arm up in the air and run under the ball.

I've loved having the American Pie in our team (and he gives his all and seems to love the club) but at his age (30 next March) is he going to be in our next premiership team. If he has any other suitors out there I would consider moving him on.

Has to stay. We have no other option at the moment. The tall forward cupboard is bare so unless we pull off some sort of miracle trade coxy should stay.
I hear Tohill is improving up forward but not ready yet, Kelly one game but seems for of an athletic mobile forward than a crash the pack contested mark kind. There really is not much out there for us, this is going to take some time to develop the right player.
We aren’t in the running for Cameron, he wants the surf coast lifestyle and Brown is not the answer either.

Has to stay. We have no other option at the moment. The tall forward cupboard is bare so unless we pull off some sort of miracle trade coxy should stay.
I hear Tohill is improving up forward but not ready yet, Kelly one game but seems for of an athletic mobile forward than a crash the pack contested mark kind. There really is not much out there for us, this is going to take some time to develop the right player.
We aren’t in the running for Cameron, he wants the surf coast lifestyle and Brown is not the answer either.
But the point of moving him on is to free up cap space to recruit someone else to play that role. If we weren’t confident of getting someone else it does make little sense to trade him

We need better delivery to the forward line that adjusts through out the game when the opposition adjusts.
The WCE game. First quarter delivery was perfect they then adjusted and our delivery didn’t.

Wouldn’t matter if the full forward was Cameron, Brown or Cox. Until we work out how to best deliver the ball it means nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall he has been a major disappointment. A couple of cameos in a 1-2 games over the past 3 seasons hardly makes him critical going forward.

We probably keep him on the list for another year because no one else will take him. Shame he is soaking up cap space to be honest.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s achieved more than anyone probably imagined he would - the ultimate project player.

Unfortunately when you make an AFL convert from an American basketball background the ‘Great White Hope’, expectations aren’t sky high.

Overall he has been a major disappointment. A couple of cameos in a 1-2 games over the past 3 seasons hardly makes him critical going forward.

We probably keep him on the list for another year because no one else will take him. Shame he is soaking up cap space to be honest.

It's quite simple
No finals2018
No finals 2019
No finals 2020

All proven facts

That's what you want
Same money as Langdon
Same money as Mayne
30% less than de goey

Give it a rest

Now played football 6 years

Think about it

Hardest position on the ground
A position depending on how the balls delivered

But the point of moving him on is to free up cap space to recruit someone else to play that role. If we weren’t confident of getting someone else it does make little sense to trade him
Simple
You ain't getting anyone better for the money we spend

That's obvious

We need better delivery to the forward line that adjusts through out the game when the opposition adjusts.
The WCE game. First quarter delivery was perfect they then adjusted and our delivery didn’t.

Wouldn’t matter if the full forward was Cameron, Brown or Cox. Until we work out how to best deliver the ball it means nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We need forwards to present at the ball carrier and create an option

A Category B rookie who only learned the game five years ago being a major disappointment?

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but yours is a really, really shit one :)

A Category B rookie who only learned the game five years ago being a major disappointment?

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but yours is a really, really sh*t one :)

Fair enough - you don't like my opinion. I just call it as I see it. He learnt the game only 5 years ago yep all that is true. But I don't think it was unrealistic to expect more consistency from him than what we got. Tough gig I know playing where he does and with the way he delivers the ball.

If you're happy with what Mason delivers week in week out - good for you.

For what's it worth - your opinion ...pfft. About as worth as much as mine.

It's quite simple
No finals2018
No finals 2019
No finals 2020

All proven facts

That's what you want
Same money as Langdon
Same money as Mayne
30% less than de goey

Give it a rest

Now played football 6 years

Think about it

Hardest position on the ground
A position depending on how the balls delivered

Good for you. You like what he brings. I dont - simples really.

Cox & Thomas for 2MP & W Brodie with late pick swaps
like for like players, Suns swap out 2 year contracts for 1 year at similar $
win for both sides

Obviously the club disagrees
No the club agrees
Hence why we want a mobile forward foil

A Gunston
A McDonald

Bucks has said that it's hard to find a huge monster and apart from
Dixon
Lynch
Hawkins