Analysis Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

KhPafyc.png

Never ever again, its over for him.

Good back-up ruckman. Break glass in case of emergency.

Useless around the ground as he can’t impact the contest, and no good as a forward because he can’t mark with a body alongside him and he’s too slow to keep the ball in our forward line.

Seems like a decent bloke but is an albatross around our neck as a forward.

Would have had a great game if he held half his marks. Has totally lost confidence. Needs to try a glove, seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would have had a great game if he held half his marks. Has totally lost confidence. Needs to try a glove, seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That’s like saying Josh Thomas would have had a great game if his kicks went a flat 60m to the advantage of a teammate.

Marking under pressure is not his go. Like Darcy, he can mark when allowed to run and jump at the ball, but unlike Darcy his second efforts are completely futile and he can’t chase, lay a tackle or pressure a defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first reaction to Cox's performance was that he needs to be dropped. He can't mark when there's body contact, and besides relief ruck, he does little else. But i'm also sure he had a really bad game and that happens sometimes. I'm not sure i'd have the guts to do it but it'll be interesting if Buckley keeps the faith. Cox won't learn how to hold marks in the VFL because of his size advantage and the quality of players he's up against there. There's not much to be gained for his development by dropping him. But the team would be better for it. I reckon Mihocek comes in and Moore goes back forward.

It was never going to work. How can you manufacture a forward from a guy with no history in the game.

It's dumb football. Not only that, but we didn't trade for, or recruit a tall forward in the off season because we made plans around someone who has never proved himself it that position. Can we get any dumber?

Should have been played as a forward like he was against melb in the last game of 2017 or the last JLT. Why the **** he was played as a hbf/ wingman today has me completely ****ing stumped.

Tallest man in the AFL played in a running role... instead of kicking to him on a lead???

Why the **** did CFC sign him? Was it be a running wingman!!!

Disgracefully played out of position tonight.

Yep. Coz was pretty flaccid tonight. At least he has an excuse - he’s a project player playing a position that he is foreign to. Another experiment that is best suited to the Vfl.

At least he looked shattered at the end of the game. More than I can say for a few of our better players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back