Recommitted Mason Redman [re-signed for 5 years]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What if you have made a huge play for another free agent??
We barely hit the salary cap floor this year. Unless we're offering $1.5m to someone then it's not a problem.

Crows have Redman firmly in their sight acording to Jon Ralph.

I think he'll end up staying.
Well if jon says it...redman will be a bomber for life😀

But he might also be looking at the way Adelaide have been going about things and think it could be a great career move to head back home and slot into that young promising defensive unit

Well if jon says it...redman will be a bomber for life😀

But he might also be looking at the way Adelaide have been going about things and think it could be a great career move to head back home and slot into that young promising defensive unit

Redman seems pretty settled in Melbourne and has a lot of mates at the EFC.

Frankly he is less likely leave Essendon than Parish IMO.

For sure..but it woukd be remis of Adelaide to not have a crack at trying to pry him out..quality hardnut player

Oh absolutely. I know recency bias and all, but I honestly tipped Adelaide to be big improvers in 2023 (you have the best, most hard to match up forward line in the league) and you are getting a tough and talented midfield group together.

Absolutely why not the Crows have a massive crack at Redman, have nothing to lose :)

Would be surprised (and even more disappointed) if Redman left given how much of a team man he seems to be. Plus the fact that he's starting to play his best footy consistently and we apparently have no shortage of coin to spend. Also, he's from the SA-Vic border, practically equidistant between Adelaide and Melbourne, and has now been in Melbourne for over 5 years, so hopefully there's no meaningful distinction between either city to him. Plus choosing to live in Adelaide over Melbourne would be one of the most baffling decisions anyone could make in my eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be surprised (and even more disappointed) if Redman left given how much of a team man he seems to be. Plus the fact that he's starting to play his best footy consistently and we apparently have no shortage of coin to spend. Also, he's from the SA-Vic border, practically equidistant between Adelaide and Melbourne, and has now been in Melbourne for over 5 years, so hopefully there's no meaningful distinction between either city to him. Plus choosing to live in Adelaide over Melbourne would be one of the most baffling decisions anyone could make in my eyes.

Do you feel better now ?

I'd be surprised if the Bombers let him go. but the offers could start coming. I think he stays.

As someone who doesn't live in either state but has lived in both SA and Vic, I'd much prefer to move to Adelaide.

Generally players leave for
1) money
2) go home
3) flag contention

I highly rate Adelaide’s list, actually had them for top 4 this year and they’ve got an amazing spread of young stars, but I’m not sure any of these apply.

Redman as good as he is also isn’t the type to take your list a huge step forward on the salary he’d command as a FA - certainly not a Tom Lynch/Steven May structural piece.

Generally players leave for
1) money
2) go home
3) flag contention

I highly rate Adelaide’s list, actually had them for top 4 this year and they’ve got an amazing spread of young stars, but I’m not sure any of these apply.

Redman as good as he is also isn’t the type to take your list a huge step forward on the salary he’d command as a FA - certainly not a Tom Lynch/Steven May structural piece.
Our core list is still too young to play consistent football so think we are a few years from playing finals let alone top 4. It won't cost us any trade capital so won't mind paying slight overs for him and Smith (32) is close to retirement, I will be very surprise if we are offering him as much as Lynch/May.

Our core list is still too young to play consistent football so think we are a few years from playing finals let alone top 4. It won't cost us any trade capital so won't mind paying slight overs for him and Smith (32) is close to retirement, I will be very surprise if we are offering him as much as Lynch/May.
He is a RFA though and we have a ridiculous amount of cap space so can offer overs but ultimately if he wants to leave there isn’t much we can do about it.

Is he in your leadership group?

Eli Redman is also on Adelaide's radar so there's that as well...

Is he in your leadership group?

Eli Redman is also on Adelaide's radar so there's that as well...
I’d be upset to lose him but if he wants to go then being a RFA we have the upper hand and will do what is required to get adequate compensation. It may mean the Crows have to cough up $800k which they should be able to do easily

That’s a shame, what didn’t you like about your time in Adelaide ?

Crows have Redman firmly in their sight acording to Jon Ralph.

I think he'll end up staying.
That's my feel too. I'm glad Adel are going after him. Very good player.
Will probably be a lifestyle choice for Redman. Money prob be the same from both clubs. I won't be Devo if we don't get him, but I'd be really annoyed if we didn't put a good offer in front of him and at least have a crack.
He's a Millicent boy isn't he? Lure of Adelaide prob not huge. Melbourne is only an hour further away in the other direction.
Essendon keep winning games and tracking well, he will definitely stay imo

You're obviously a very closed minded person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Mason Redman [re-signed for 5 years]

Back