Recommitted Mason Redman [re-signed for 5 years]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It could easily work at 3 yrs 800k then the last 2 under renegotiation at 500k if my maths is correct is under 700k per year average for the 5...get creative where a precedent has been set
Yes we agreed the first time you suggested it, but it’s not a renegotiation it’s a bog standard contract extension… exactly the same as Buddy going around another year after his 9 year contract.

The AFL doesn’t let you game the system to get the player and then screw the player over by paying him less than you agreed to, so you still have to pay them under the original terms as per the FA bid you put in, and it still comes off your salary cap in those years even if they retire and don’t ultimately get paid that money.

But yes you can do that. I don’t think Essendon would be complaining if Redman decided he wanted to leave and we were gonna get pick 10. We let Melksham and Hibberd go for second rounders a few years ago and I don’t think anyone is arguing that he’s a better player are they? So if you wanna give a better pick so we don’t match the bid, well we’re not gonna say no.

If Redman doesn’t want to leave, he doesn’t have to sign your FA offer regardless of what you write on it, and it’s all moot.

So you’d need to convince him first.

Yes we agreed the first time you suggested it, but it’s not a renegotiation it’s a bog standard contract extension… exactly the same as Buddy going around another year after his 9 year contract.

The AFL doesn’t let you game the system to get the player and then screw the player over by paying him less than you agreed to, so you still have to pay them under the original terms as per the FA bid you put in, and it still comes off your salary cap in those years even if they retire and don’t ultimately get paid that money.

But yes you can do that. I don’t think Essendon would be complaining if Redman decided he wanted to leave and we were gonna get pick 10. We let Melksham and Hibberd go for second rounders a few years ago and I don’t think anyone is arguing that he’s a better player are they? So if you wanna give a better pick so we don’t match the bid, well we’re not gonna say no.

If Redman doesn’t want to leave, he doesn’t have to sign your FA offer regardless of what you write on it, and it’s all moot.

So you’d need to convince him first.
Hibberd's best is every bit as good as Redman's.

There is no way Essendon lets him go FA considering the room in our salary cap and how important he is to the team. If it did come to that (hopefully not) what does Adelaide have to trade?
i doubt Adelaide would be interested in trading more than you could get in compo

Crows would make it clear that they'd only want him via FA, they would walk away if we matched, and because they're getting him via FA they add a little more to trigger band 1.

I'd hate to lose him.
It is likely that you guys and the crows are going to be in a similar part of the ladder the way things are looking early in the season..so if the crows did trigger band 1 compo with a bid, our 1st might not be much different to that compo pick

If the crows are really into him he will have a difficult call to make as your club has really turned the ship around this year and is on the up and we are also very young and on the up too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saad netted Essendon pick 8, Redman should be double.

Another Delusional Pearler :)

Saad was the somewhat more accomplished player at the time of the trade and Carlton did pay slight overs.

I don't think Essendon would call the Crows bluff and match their offer anyway (if it came to it)

Another Delusional Pearler :)

Saad was the somewhat more accomplished player at the time of the trade and Carlton did pay slight overs.

I don't think Essendon would call the Crows bluff and match their offer anyway (if it came to it)
to be fair, the real delusion was Carlton supporters telling us Saad would not net Essendon pick 8

to be fair, the real delusion was Carlton supporters telling us Saad would not net Essendon pick 8

Fair enough, every club has those type of supporters.

Aside from Kosi Pickett, I don't think there is any out of contract player this year worth a top ten pick tbh

I am fairly confident he stays at Essendon anyway.

Fair enough, every club has those type of supporters.

Aside from Kosi Pickett, I don't think there is any out of contract player this year worth a top ten pick tbh

I am fairly confident he stays at Essendon anyway.
If Darcy Parish wore navy blue you'd want 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Mason Redman [re-signed for 5 years]

Back