Multiplat Mass Effect 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So have played Arrival....and finished Arrival. Disappointed in the length of it at roughly an hour and a half for me.
From what I can gather I feel it will have an impact on ME3, especially seeing as I killed the Batarians. So there goes another race I most likely can't rely on in the final game, the Rachni being the other one.

Really liked the last battle trying to get off the asteroid with the Mass Effect relay in the background edging closer. Really added to the intensity to get off.Plus Shepard also speaking to a hollow gram of Harbinger.

Bring on ME3!

So have played Arrival....and finished Arrival. Disappointed in the length of it at roughly an hour and a half for me.
From what I can gather I feel it will have an impact on ME3, especially seeing as I killed the Batarians. So there goes another race I most likely can't rely on in the final game, the Rachni being the other one.

Really liked the last battle trying to get off the asteroid with the Mass Effect relay in the background edging closer. Really added to the intensity to get off.Plus Shepard also speaking to a hollow gram of Harbinger.

Bring on ME3!

Just finished it as well, and while it's not as good as Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker, it was still a fun DLC.
We didn't kill all the Batarians, only 300k odd. The biggest problem was that it increased tension between the Batarians and Humans, and gives them a reason to wage a war against us. Since the Reapers will require the whole universe banding together, I'm guessing that part of ME3 will involve repairing/strengthening relationships of all the races before taking on the Reapers in one big battle.

Also enjoyed Sheppard's little dialogue with Harbinger :thumbsu: Something about Reaper voices is just so awesome.

Playing through ME2 again after a while reminded me of one of my biggest pet-hates; not being able to disable the damn helmets during dialogue :(

Just finished it as well, and while it's not as good as Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker, it was still a fun DLC.
We didn't kill all the Batarians, only 300k odd. The biggest problem was that it increased tension between the Batarians and Humans, and gives them a reason to wage a war against us. Since the Reapers will require the whole universe banding together, I'm guessing that part of ME3 will involve repairing/strengthening relationships of all the races before taking on the Reapers in one big battle.

Also enjoyed Sheppard's little dialogue with Harbinger :thumbsu: Something about Reaper voices is just so awesome.

Playing through ME2 again after a while reminded me of one of my biggest pet-hates; not being able to disable the damn helmets during dialogue :(

Yeah I know we didn't kill them all. I probably should have said killed the Batarians on that system.:eek: :)

Anyways, I'll do another play through with my Paragon Shepard in the next few days and alert the Batarians in that one. See how the end changes in the one.

Played through the "Arrival" DLC content, plus wrapped up the "Overlord" DLC content too which I had slipped my mind, and both are really enjoyable.

Arrival:
Yes, it was a rather short mission, but the story line and conclusion were pretty awesome... nay... spectacular!!! There was a part of the mission though (which didn't dawn on me to afterwards) where you have to survival for as long as possible against incresing waves of enemies. Suffice to say that I didn't really pay attention, or realise that was the goal, so I didn't survive for as long as I probably could have. I'm not sure what effect surviving longer has on the mission or other ME events. Again, I really loved the climatic ending of this misson plus the cut scene mission review and impending future looming for Shepard.

Overlord:
A longer mission that involves a bit of everything and something "new". It is set in several locations, you get some Hammerhead time in there, a bit of lava "Frogger", some puzzle solving action, plus some good combat sequences... and another strong plotline. Whilst the ending is not as climatic as the "Arrival"... for me it was far more interesting and a better final fight than in the "Lair of the Shadow Broker". The final sections of the "Overlord" has you completing it alone without your squad members and it takes you to a... lets say a unique place... without saying more. (It is a similar technique BioWare has used in many of its games like Jade Empire, Dragon Age... and I'm glad they've found a way to apply it to the ME universe... IMO it just adds another layer to the universe and gameplay).

Cheers

PS - also downloaded the "Genesis" comic add-on for ME2 and that isn't too bad. Give a quick wrap up of the ME1 storyline and an opportunity to make the key decisions. It terms of value to XBOX and PC players; it allows a more complete experience for those who haven't played ME1 and gone straight to ME2

Still shattered after being told half an hour ago by a JB staffer that ME1 wasn't released on PS3 :(

Anyway, finished ME2 last night after buying it at the start of the week - an amazing and addictive game, that I'd probably put in my 'top three of all time' list.

Long and engaging story, great score, appearance and obvious replay value make this a 10/10 for me.

Although they did a good job explaining the back story of ME1, my only complaint would be that I still felt a bit lost at times (i.e. I thought it was awesome working for Cerberus, although everyone else in the game spoke to me as though I was a terrorist).

Can't wait to replay this, and for ME3 to come out :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus, you can run it on basically any old computer.

oldcomputer.jpg

Good news for those who are stuck in the dark ages.

Finally finished this after starting it in Jan this year (was about 5 hours in) but getting distracted with other games.

One of the best games I've ever played. Went full paragon but will most likely do another playthrough as renegade before ME3 is out in a few months to have a couple of different options leading into 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Mass Effect 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back